Suggestions for a long legged racer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Suggestions for a long legged racer

I placed this also in Pivot forum but would like to hear from endurance racers. I have found I enjoy longer races 6+hrs, I currently ride a 2006 Titus Racer-X (pretty tricked, 2011 Fox RLC Kashima 15mm thru,Push'd rear shock,I9 wheels or CK/Crest rims),but due to 2 back surgeries, and L-knee reconstruction I need mor "legs" on my bike 120mm to 140mm allowing greater back comfort and absorbing more energy that would otherwise be transfered to my back. My riding style is decent downhill (nothing gnarly), good climber (5'9",145lb, FTP 270w), suck on the flats. I currently am looking at Pivot Mach 5.7 (possibly 429), Ibis sl-r, specialized Epic 29er but I would greatly appreciate input from endurance racers on these or another suggestion and reason behind your suggestion.
    Thanks

fight the system
    Cannondale RZ140 if you can find em.
    superlight 140mm travel bike with good geometry. I've used mine to shread everything from 2hr xc races up to 4 day races like the CTR. Last weekend I used it for this:
    http://www.jessejakomait.com/journal...sp?journal=873
    If you believe that I've got some magic beans to sell ya.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    There must be other suggestions, what do you endurance riders prefer, I will test ride various bikes but I'd like to get your feed back on suggestions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have had top fuels and s-work epics and like both a lot. I have a 29'er sworks, currently, so I am definately biased toward it right now...its awesome!
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

Members who have read this thread: 0