mtbr member

Something Wicked Events 6 Hours of Cathedral Pines 2011

:::something wicked events llc:::

Check it! Racer cap raised to 300 for 2011! Preregistration only. Walk ups reserved for valid Pro licenses only!

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    curious can I race up a catergory or well 2.

I do not do alot of USAC events but I ride 15-20 hours a week and have pulled off a 3rd overal at 6 hour event this year as well posted some of the fastest laps at 24 hour event in Pa.

I am only a Cat 2 USAC in MTB and really think its sandbagging to enter that catergory at your event I also would rather lose to the best than beat people who do not train as much as me.

They call me Shoogs
    You'll have to email the USAC and request the upgrade. Once you have the upgraded license then you can register for Wicked under your new license.

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    83 spots left...

mtbr member
    What's the course like? Also, what's the leaf situation like there that time of year? I'm thinking about making the trip for this one.

mtbr member
    Only 62 spots left!!! Almost all singletrack with about 300ft of climbing per 10 mile lap. Mostly fast hard pack with a few roots sprinkled in here and there. I don't remember leaves being an issue. This is a fun race and a great way to close the season.

mtbr member
    Registered and super stoked! Any advice for a first timer? Logistic stuff? Ill be solo and SS btw.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Can't give you too much as you're my competition. The laps are pretty fast and it should be no problem to keep them under an hour. Last year the fastest lap was 42 minutes. You'll end up passing right by your car in the field every lap which will be your pit. It's a mass start on the road with a mad dash to get into the woods first. That's all I can think of right now. Any other questions?

mtbr member
    Bluebeat, thanks for the help Good to know that the car will be in close proximity. Do you usually carry a pack with everything in it, or tend to use waterbottle cages and seat bags/jersey pockets? Sounds like the course is fast and definitely SS friendly! I cant wait! Also, with only a month left to go, what do you think are the best training options? Im not starting from zero, but just wondering if there are any pointers you guys have. Thanks again!
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    damn. I wish i knew about this. I am going to be back on LI that week and I havn't ridden CP in 10 years

mtbr member
    Everybody has their preference as far bottles vs camelback. Because it's a lap race and lap times are short, it's certainly easy to swap out bottles if need be. There's going to be a lot of spinning as the course is very fast so train accordingly. See you in Nov.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeat007 View Post
    Everybody has their preference as far bottles vs camelback. Because it's a lap race and lap times are short, it's certainly easy to swap out bottles if need be. There's going to be a lot of spinning as the course is very fast so train accordingly. See you in Nov.
    Thanks Bluebeat. Last question: what are the climbs like? I know there is <350ft of elevation on the course, but should I expect to be hammering up those vertical ft., or just comfortably spinning them? Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edray View Post
    Thanks Bluebeat. Last question: what are the climbs like? I know there is <350ft of elevation on the course, but should I expect to be hammering up those vertical ft., or just comfortably spinning them? Thanks again.
    Just a couple of short burners.