mtbr member
    Jan 2004

To Shiggy family, to the X-men (DOD), and

all the volunteers at the CCP, just wanted to shout a BIG THANK YOU! You guys are all the best! I rode, I laughed, I cussed, and I vomited on my top tube, what better way to enjoy a Sunday racing!

Thanks again, looking forward to next year already!

mtbr member

Vomited?

Was Scott Taylor riding in drag again?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    all the volunteers at the CCP, just wanted to shout a BIG THANK YOU! You guys are all the best! I rode, I laughed, I cussed, and I vomited on my top tube, what better way to enjoy a Sunday racing!

Thanks again, looking forward to next year already!

mtbr member

I second that!

Finally finished the Creampuff (third time's the charm, apparently). Thanks to Shiggy & everyone else. The volunteers were amazing; it was great to stuff my face with watermelon (with the rinds cut off, no less!) and hear encouragement. The other racers were also incredibly cool; I would not have finished without inspiration from fellow riders (especially that guy in the blue jersey who passed on lap 3 between aid 1 & aid 2 and was on his way to his 6th hat -- if you're reading this, thanks again).

While I was riding the last lap I was telling myself, "never again" but now I can't wait for next year...

-Mo

Out spokin'

Hey Moishe...

Quote Originally Posted by moishe
    Finally finished the Creampuff...

-Mo
    Way to go, man. I rode part of the first lap with Ed H. and he said you were back this year to get a finisher's cap -- no doubt this time. Glad you got 'er done.

I remember taking your picture last year... at sunrise. You and I chatted a bit... remember? I was the bozo in the ref shirt.

Anyway, way to freakin' go!

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I remember taking your picture last year... at sunrise. You and I chatted a bit... remember? I was the bozo in the ref shirt.
    Hell yeah I remember you! Were you there this year? I went right back to the hotel after I finished; I didn't go back to race HQ to socialize because I was so wiped out.

Boy it sure feels better to finish than to drop out... This year was nearly perfect and I seriously can't wait for next year. Ed's been trying to convince me to go singlespeed and I guess I'm gonna have to take him up on that.

-Mo

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by moishe
    Hell yeah I remember you! Were you there this year? I went right back to the hotel after I finished; I didn't go back to race HQ to socialize because I was so wiped out.

Boy it sure feels better to finish than to drop out... This year was nearly perfect and I seriously can't wait for next year. Ed's been trying to convince me to go singlespeed and I guess I'm gonna have to take him up on that.

-Mo
    Singlespeeding the 'Puff is too much punishment for me. I SS'd it in '02 and was 2.5 hours slower than in '01. But I finished... that was all I hoped to accomplish that year. Yeah, I was there this year as well. I turned 50 last November -- had to get a finisher's cap when I made 50.

I'll be your ground crew next year. See you then. Meanwhile tell Ed that Davey says "way to go" to him, too.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member

I third that

Thanks to the entire crew for putting on a stellar event.

While I will NEVER come back up and ride it on a tandem again, I'm already thinking about getting another hat. But my next one won't have DLBF on the back.

JAK
    mtbr member

I fifth it!

Them Oregonians really offer up some nice hospitality ta boot...

All the trailwork...100's of 1,000's of hours. The CCP wouldn't be as quality as it is without that kind of effort and care.

Nicest people at the aid stations...hell, I was diggin' my arrival at aid 3 everytime so much that I stayed and chatted a bit.

Carla CAN COOK!

Y'all take care now and I reckon some of us(TMT) will be out that way come Halloween for some party funneSS!

adios and thanks again for a killer event!
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.