Paintbucket
    Jan 2004

Ouachita Challenge

I imagine there was a thread on the old board, but I thought I'd start a new one here. What do y'all think of the course profile that was emailed out today (its on the web site). I plan to hike-a-bike early and beat the rush myself.....
    Zippy for president

Not dead yet, just playin
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin-at-home
    I imagine there was a thread on the old board, but I thought I'd start a new one here. What do y'all think of the course profile that was emailed out today (its on the web site). I plan to hike-a-bike early and beat the rush myself.....
    I like the idea of the hardest bits at the beginning. Last year was brutal (for me at least). The last 1/4 of the ride I felt like I was going to drop dead any second

You signed up for the tour or race?

op

Paintbucket
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ohpossum
    I like the idea of the hardest bits at the beginning. Last year was brutal (for me at least). The last 1/4 of the ride I felt like I was going to drop dead any second

You signed up for the tour or race?

op
    I'm signed up for Saturday. Tour or race I'd ride it the same way anyhow, and this way maybe I can show up for work on Monday morning.

All that climbing right at the gun is definitely going to take a toll later on if folks aren't careful. I really do plan to take it real easy at the start.
    Zippy for president

paintbucket
    From the organizer:

Auctions of a few cancelled entries are now going on Sale. We have 5 Tour entries to be auctioned and 4 Race entries to be auctioned.

Here is how the auctions will work. Sunday Evening, I posted one Tour Entry and it will run for 5 days for bidding. This Evening, I will post another for bidding to run for 5 days. I will keep submitting another auction for bid until all the 5 Tour Entires have been sold, Then we will start with the 4 Race Entries.*

The bid starts at $1.00! No Reserve!

To see the first Auction go to:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3179000831

Or you can type in "Ouachita Challenge" in the Ebay "Find It" search window and you will pull up all the auctions as they are added.

I cannot accept "Phone Bids". Only bids processed through Ebay will be honored.*

If you have any questions about the Auctions, feel free to contact me.

For more information about the 2004 Ouachita Challenge, go to www.ouachitachallenge.com

Mike Kelsey**
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Members who have read this thread: 0