Thread: Long road rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Long road rides

Whats the length of your longer road rides when training for a 100 miler?

It ain't easy being Green
    I ride a road century every weekend for about 2 months prior to the event, this gets my body used to the routine. Nothing too crazy, typically ~3500ft climbing and 6 hours ride time. Also I'll throw in at least one "ultra" event on my road bike; here in CA the Climb to Kaiser ride is convenient for me and six weeks before Leadville it lets me know exactly how I'm doing fitness-wise.

I don't train for anything. I generally do 124+mi on a whim with my RUSA brethren when I get the urge. I kind of want to get an R-12 one day. One of the dudes I ride with just got an R-60(60 consecutive months of at least one 200k or greater distance)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The 100 milers that I choose typically emphasize climbing, and lots of it, so for road training, I use time goals, not distance.

By the time that a big race is a month away, I've worked up to 6 hour training rides with boatloads of climbing, which is easy to accomplish where I live.
    Whining is not a strategy.

Members who have read this thread: 0