Long battery life lights, what’s new?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Long battery life lights, what’s new?

I am looking to get some first hand experience with the latest lights out there that have long battery life and are decently bright with useable beam patterns. I haven’t purchased a new light in several years with my last being a Trail LED XXX, I love this light and would buy another if they were still in production. I get 13 hours of run time on medium which is enough to get me through a 24 hour race. I am looking for something similar in size and weight (all though a lighter battery would be nice).

What do y’all have for me?

livin' the dream......
    I picked up a light by Kogalla called the Zintony Ra (think this the correct spelling). It is 5 LEDs attached to a flexible strap with an external battery pack. The battery packs come in three sizes, with some insane run times.

I used this light for a 12 hour night race last September. We rode 7p to 7a, and I think I had only had dayliight on the final few miles of what turned into a 107 mile mission. Max out put is 800 lumens on the highest setting. If I recall, there are 16 settings and I ran one or two clicks off the max output to guarantee I had enough light to finish. I had WAY more than enough juice, and I could have run it at 800 the whole night.

The light does not look like your conventional bike light, but it does a great job. It throws flood pattern vs a beam, so I found when I was in open desert during that race, you kind of loose some of the intensity, but when I got in areas with trees/bushes lining the trail, it was awesome.

I ran my Nite Rider 1000 lumen on my Helmut for that race, and after the first hour, shut it off and just rode the Kogalla. The light attaches to your bars with some velcro straps, and I set the battery pack in a top tube bag.

This is a long winded reply, but it is good light worth checking out. I use if for trail running as it attaches to the chest strap of my running vest.
    Less f*cks to give every passing day, use them well. - geraldooka

Student of the Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    I picked up a light by Kogalla called the Zintony Ra (think this the correct spelling). It is 5 LEDs attached to a flexible strap with an external battery pack. The battery packs come in three sizes, with some insane run times.

Which size battery did you purchase?
    -CJB
    CyclingBuilder.com
    Dream. Build. Share.

mtbr member
    Seca Enduro by Light & Motion. They have additional battery packs to extend runtime. I have a few of their lights. They are solid, reliable and well made.

Lumens/Runtime:

2500 (high) = 2.5 hours
    1250 (medium) = 5 hours
    625 (low) = 10 hours

https://www.lightandmotion.com/shop/...ca-2500-enduro
    “If you’re not first you’re last"- Ricky Bobby

mtbr member
    I can't say enough about the Gloworm xs light. It runs all night on the stock battery. I run one one helmet and a back up on the bars. I run the helmet light on low which i think is 400 lumens and it is enough for single track or gravel riding. On high speed down hills i sometimes turn on the bar light and crank up the helmet with the lights putting out 2500 lumens each it is freakn amazing.

Other cool features
    - bar remote that can control one or two lights.
    -programable settings in 200 lumen steps

https://www.glowormlites.co.nz/produ...-light-system/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-XC View Post
    Seca Enduro by Light & Motion. They have additional battery packs to extend runtime. I have a few of their lights. They are solid, reliable and well made.

Lumens/Runtime:

2500 (high) = 2.5 hours
    1250 (medium) = 5 hours
    625 (low) = 10 hours

https://www.lightandmotion.com/shop/...ca-2500-enduro
    Too pricy. Too bulky. I’d rather have an Exposure light that is lighter and more sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by CBaron View Post
    Which size battery did you purchase?
    -CJB
    I picked up the biggest of the 3 options they offer. It is a brick, but it last a LONG time.
    Less f*cks to give every passing day, use them well. - geraldooka

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Not new but i have been using the Light and Motion Imjin or Vis Trail as they call it now. it is a max 800 lumen but has good throw. it is also compatible with their larger 3 and 6 cell batteries. with the 6 cell battery you have 6 hours of run time and it is super light.

I also have a seca and those things are amazing. the beam pattern is what is so great about these. plus the run time is really good too.