Laramie Range Epic - Formerly the Laramie Enduro Epic.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2018

Laramie Range Epic - Formerly the Laramie Enduro Epic.

Greetings all,
    The Laramie Range Epic (Formerly known as the Laramie Enduro Epic) will be held on July 27th, 2019. Registration will open on March 1st, so mark your calendars. We are looking to build on the success of the 2017 and 2018 races. The course should remain fundamentally the same with the choice of one or two laps. We are looking at a few changes that should add a couple of miles of single track and get us right at 31 miles per lap. We have also thrown in another aid station on course allowing the racer types to carry a lighter load, and the more leisurely riders another chance to relax. As always, the loop will include the familiar Happy Jack and Vedauwoo areas, winding you through beautiful rock formations on primitive trails and fast forested single track. From wildlife trails to single track to dirt roads, the course is equally well suited for geared bikes and single speeds. All at elevations over 7,500 feet, you'll race over high grass plains and down through serene aspen and pine forests.
    Looking forward to seeing you there!!

laramieenduro.org
    https://www.facebook.com/LaramieRangeEpic/

Photo Credit: The Pedal House

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laramie Range Epic - Formerly the Laramie Enduro Epic.-epic-view.jpg  

mtbr member
    Best race EVER!! Not that I've done many, but will never forget doing this one, awesome trails, AWESOME volunteers. Your photo pales in comparison to the one stored in my mind as I was climbing the ST through the grass just after starting, heading into the first section of trees, a snake train of riders disappearing into a thick fog I debated on whether to stop and take a photo and sadly my adrenaline was already kicking and decided not to, thankfully, always etched into my brain.

Is the Tower climb still in the route? Did it back in '08 and that was the last thing to try and kill you after an already hard day.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    The course if very different, there are some challenges that match the climb up Tower, including the Climb up Haunted Forest before we head down Death Crotch at the end of the race, but that particular climb is not part of this course. I loved the old course, but we went to the forest service with a grand new plan two years ago, and with a great deal of sweat and tears, we have a course that has so much more single track on it, and I mean.....So Much more single track. It is fun, you should come try it out. Our aide stations are still world class, and our after party somehow keeps getting better every year. Last year there were so many prizes we didn't have enough tables for them. Near the end we were just saying whoever is left, come up and grab some stuff. The local shops really threw down. (Shout out to Pedal House and All Terrain). Hope to see you there.

slow
    I raced the old course 5 times and love riding in that area. Y'all put on a fun event with great support. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't ridden this to give it a try.