Any races?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Any races?

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015

Any races?

Does anyone know of any confirmed races coming up in the next few weeks? Over 30 miles.
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Probably not near you, but here are two that are on my list:

MAMMOTH POINT TO POINT MTB XC 50K
    • August 29
    • Looks to be a for sure ( I know the promoter), starts will be in small waves.
    • 50k is hardly "Endurance" but I'll take it.
    • Website says 'Sold Out'... not sure how accurate that is.

FLAGSTAFF TO GRAND CANYON STAGECOACH LINE 100-MILE MTB
    • September 19
    • Promoter says 70% sure it will happen.
    • Fairly small race, so it might squeak in...
    • ...but AZ is a COVID hot spot.
    TTUB - Ventura County California

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Does anyone know of any confirmed races coming up in the next few weeks? Over 30 miles.
    I'm not registered but from my understanding Ore to Shore is still on for August 8th.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Pierre's Hole 100 is still a go at this time for August 22nd. Of course, that could change.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Telluride 100 on 7/25.

https://telluride100.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Any races?

Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    Telluride 100 on 7/25.

This. One of the organizers is a friend and told me it is on.

Sadly, one of the events I would send you too just got cancelled for the year. Better to be cancelled than another false postponement. 90-100 miles of Texas technical riding.

Will you be at Marathon Nats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FJSnoozer; 07-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.

livin' the dream......
    Fire on the Rim looks to be a go at this point. Sept. 19th in Pine, AZ with 15, 30 and 45 mile options.
    Less f*cks to give every passing day, use them well. - geraldooka

CEO Product Failure
    https://www.bikeiowa.com/Event/13941...gravel-classic

^This race and the BT Epic are the only two in these parts which I know of for 2020.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Crowsnest 100 in Crowsnest Pass Alberta is going ahead August 15th.

https://www.crowsnestpass100.com/

While not a MTB endurance race, The Range gravel race in Claresholm Alberta is going ahead on July 25th.

https://thegravelexperience.com/

I'm registered for both

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    High Cascades 100 is going on this weekend:

https://www.mudslingerevents.com/high-cascades-100
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

livin' the dream......
    Fire on the Rim has been cancelled.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Pierreís Hole has been cancelled for the year. I got the e-mail Friday.

jps
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Team Big Bear is racing dh, enduro this Sat. and xc/endurance Sun.
    Escalante Days in Dolores, CO August 8th, 33 mi and 50 mi

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Looks like Big Sky Biggie got shit canned too.... They did have the Snowmass 50 this past weekend

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tgarson View Post
    Telluride 100 on 7/25.

Had no idea this race was going on and was in telluride to this past weekend for a planned bike vacation. Props to anyone on here who did it because it looked brutal. Between the near constant rain, 12-13k feet of climbing (6k if you did the 50), mud, temps between mid 40's and 50's, the guys and gals we saw while up on prospect were riding hard. Totally going to sign up next year.

mtbr member
    As far as the Northeast goes, I believe the Freetown 50 in Mass, Bearscat 50 in NJ, Woodsplitter in VT, and AC Daughety H2H in NY are still on. The Six Hour Six in NY is tentative, meaning they hope to hold it, but are not accepting online registration at this time. The Tour de Lyme in CT is not a true race, more of a sportive, but people do race it as it's a tough 27 miles, and it's tentatively on.

In case you weren't sure, most of these are typical Northeast intricate trails through dense trees, lots of short up/down, with rocks and roots, and poor flow. There's also no major climbs, no altitude, no sand, no deep ruts, like you get out west. Pick your poison I guess.

Here's a list of a lot of XC races on Singletracks:

https://www.singletracks.com/mountai...?type=mtb_race

And on BikeReg:

https://www.bikereg.com/events/Off-Road/

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The trend seems to be to keep the races on the calendar and cancel 3-6 weeks out.

Of the handful of races that have happened, any reports out there of said events having caused virus spread? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Any races?

Quote Originally Posted by Rider51 View Post
    As far as the Northeast goes, I believe the Freetown 50 in Mass, Bearscat 50 in NJ, Woodsplitter in VT, and AC Daughety H2H in NY are still on. The Six Hour Six in NY is tentative, meaning they hope to hold it, but are not accepting online registration at this time. The Tour de Lyme in CT is not a true race, more of a sportive, but people do race it as it's a tough 27 miles, and it's tentatively on.

In case you weren't sure, most of these are typical Northeast intricate trails through dense trees, lots of short up/down, with rocks and roots, and poor flow. There's also no major climbs, no altitude, no sand, no deep ruts, like you get out west. Pick your poison I guess.

Here's a list of a lot of XC races on Singletracks:

https://www.singletracks.com/mountai...?type=mtb_race

And on BikeReg:

https://www.bikereg.com/events/Off-Road/
    The very first race on this list, Downieville classic, is Cancelled.

So basically I canít trust anything on this list.

I was about to get on a plane and go race downiville after you posted this! I am upset.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by FJSnoozer View Post

I was about to get on a plane and go race downiville after you posted this! I am upset.

WOR was definitely canceled...but I did get my jersey!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Thicc Member
    The TylerVernon 100 is ON!

We'll just all show up on Saturday morning at Flat Rock Ranch and ride five loops starting at 8am. Keep track of your loops.

Winner gets his photo in the paper and a jug of MAPLE SYRUP!

Well, it will be on a piece of paper posted at the county general store.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    https://www.bikeiowa.com/Event/13941...gravel-classic

^This race and the BT Epic are the only two in these parts which I know of for 2020.
    BT epic sold out in a few hours. Ozark One Eye Dog 50/100 is still on for 9/26/20.
    Last edited by big_stoke; 07-29-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member

I was about to get on a plane and go race Downiville after you posted this! I am upset.
    Still go, I'll bet you have a fantastic time it's so wonderful there! Plus, it will be highly unlikely you get Covid-19, as you'll have most of the trails to yourself. Well, there is that plane ride incubator.

Sorry about that. I do find the BikeReg site to be pretty up to date, and I'm pretty sure the races I listed at the front of my post are still on as of now. Though as someone else has posted, it's been fairly common for races to say they are on, only to cancel just a few weeks from the start. Better than getting really sick I guess.

viva la v-brakes!
    For some stupid reason the WEMS Series is actually going to hold The Romp in the Swamp next weekend August 8th.

https://wemseries.com/romp-in-the-swamp-epic/

They have not updated their website, check their FB page.

I, for one, am going to be a good citizen and not attend any mass-start events until I get vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreenChameleon View Post
    Crowsnest 100 in Crowsnest Pass Alberta is going ahead August 15th.

https://www.crowsnestpass100.com/

While not a MTB endurance race, The Range gravel race in Claresholm Alberta is going ahead on July 25th.

https://thegravelexperience.com/

I'm registered for both

Both of these have been canceled. A fair number of people went ahead and rode the The Range as an un-organized fun ride but actual racing will need to wait until next year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider51 View Post
    Still go, I'll bet you have a fantastic time it's so wonderful there! Plus, it will be highly unlikely you get Covid-19, as you'll have most of the trails to yourself. Well, there is that plane ride incubator.

Sorry about that. I do find the BikeReg site to be pretty up to date, and I'm pretty sure the races I listed at the front of my post are still on as of now. Though as someone else has posted, it's been fairly common for races to say they are on, only to cancel just a few weeks from the start. Better than getting really sick I guess.
    No worries!

We had planned 9 months ago to go to downiville to ride in august. Instead, we are doing two weeks in Bentonville.
    We have been pretty blessed and lucky. That will be our tenth week on the road working remotely and riding some of the best trails in America since this whole thing went down.

We also got lucky with the last race post shutdown. Then I got to race a couple of weeks ago here in Texas (we had two races). Our current XC season is on Track and will start Labor Day weekend in Paris Texas.

Iím looking forward to seeing what unfolds with Marathon Nationals as well. That trail is amazing, but Iíve never had a race there that wasnít a total cramp fest at some point.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Dakota-FiveO just went virtual. News from their social media pages.

mtbr member
    Keystone Gravel Off-Road this weekend in central PA.
    I've been on pause, but I'm shaking off the rust...

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Any races?

Serious question:
    Do we really need socially distanced Gravel racing right now? Or shouldnt we just go ride the Gravel route as a solo, or a staggered TT? And use Strava or a stopwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerVernon View Post
    The TylerVernon 100 is ON!

We'll just all show up on Saturday morning at Flat Rock Ranch and ride five loops starting at 8am. Keep track of your loops.

Winner gets his photo in the paper and a jug of MAPLE SYRUP!

Well, it will be on a piece of paper posted at the county general store.
    I would ride two laps for a Comfort Pizza and 18 Dr Peppers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TTUB View Post
    Probably not near you, but here are two that are on my list:

MAMMOTH POINT TO POINT MTB XC 50K
    • August 29
    • Looks to be a for sure ( I know the promoter), starts will be in small waves.
    • 50k is hardly "Endurance" but I'll take it.
    • Website says 'Sold Out'... not sure how accurate that is.

FLAGSTAFF TO GRAND CANYON STAGECOACH LINE 100-MILE MTB
    • September 19
    • Promoter says 70% sure it will happen.
    • Fairly small race, so it might squeak in...
    • ...but AZ is a COVID hot spot.
    Mammoth was just canceled. It was all on track until the County pulled the permit. Lot's of riders will be there to do it 'unofficially'; anyway. There will be some recognition of 'unofficial' results from the day via Strava. No support or course markings, so riders are on their own.

Stagecoach Line - Flagstaff appears to still be on.

I've also added Belgian Waffle Ride - Cedar City, UT to my list. They seem certain they will be a go. (It's Utah, so they are probably right) This is a gravel ride/race... mixed surface.

The problem for promoters is that they are all 'On' until they're not.
    TTUB - Ventura County California

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    No worries!

We had planned 9 months ago to go to downiville to ride in august. Instead, we are doing two weeks in Bentonville.
    We have been pretty blessed and lucky. That will be our tenth week on the road working remotely and riding some of the best trails in America since this whole thing went down.
    Some good long loops in Bentonville/Bella Vista, connected Tunnel Vision (little sugar) and Back 40 a couple weeks ago for a good 50 mile singletrack day:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/3781656830

holler if you need anything when you're in town.
    -DC, just some XC Bum from FL in NW Arkansas

mtbr member
    May 2015

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Any races?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    Some good long loops in Bentonville/Bella Vista, connected Tunnel Vision (little sugar) and Back 40 a couple weeks ago for a good 50 mile singletrack day:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/3781656830

holler if you need anything when you're in town.
    Thanks! Oh, man, we were there for the first 6 weeks of Covid lockdown and just missed you one ride.

The only thing we didnít have a blast on was trying to ride tunnel vision. https://strava.app.link/F1Xl3u9kK8. I didnít care for the first 1/3 of this loop. Or most of the back 3rd until the end where it got good.

We will be doing many route rides through the back 40,SP, and blowing springs. I may have to do the epic rides course since it wonít happen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_m View Post
    They're racing bicycles in Europe. I guess the USA population is just too obese and sickly to handle Covid-19.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Thanks! Oh, man, we were there for the first 6 weeks of Covid lockdown and just missed you one ride.

The only thing we didnít have a blast on was trying to ride tunnel vision. https://strava.app.link/F1Xl3u9kK8. I didnít care for the first 1/3 of this loop. Or most of the back 3rd until the end where it got good.

We will be doing many route rides through the back 40,SP, and blowing springs. I may have to do the epic rides course since it wonít happen.

Which direction did you ride it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Any races?

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Which direction did you ride it?

CCW. Was that it that I rode? We enjoyed the stuff after the golf course and close to the boarder. Rogue 1? And some of the more natural bench cut.

Iím being really picky here:
    Everything in the beginning was super contrived. I just donít like the way that builder cuts their machine cut Bench and shoves all of the humps right before a 160 degree switchback. Itís fine for someone cruising and pumping, but I want to ride fast and rip. It will become better as the humps erode and you donít fly into the middle of the berm at speed.

As you can see we had to hop on the road due to daylight and hop back in. Everything on the west was super monotonous and redundant. Riding through washed out flood damaged creeks could have been handled better unless it is a property line issue.

The last 2-3 miles were great. They would have been really good in the opposite direction as well.

You can really see the difference in who the trail building company was in the different stretches. Iím open to trying everything again And different routes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    CCW. Was that it that I rode? We enjoyed the stuff after the golf course and close to the boarder.

That's the best way. I really like the decent down from the water tower that connects to the trail that runs beside the namesake creek. We usually come down Bamboozled and cut part of the western most section off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    That's the best way. I really like the decent down from the water tower that connects to the trail that runs beside the namesake creek. We usually come down Bamboozled and cut part of the western most section off.

Decent going the opposite way? Seemed awesome as we climbed up it in the Dusk.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Decent going the opposite way? Seemed awesome as we climbed up it in the Dusk.

If you came up it you were going clockwise. I can't get your Strava to pull up for some reason.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yeah you went CCW and missed some stuff on the NW side that's pretty fun. It's ridden in pretty decent now, I prefer it Clockwise but it's good both ways. I'm not into the jumps/gaps (I'll go to Coler for that), just wanna rip singletrack miles. If you do the whole perimeter loop it's 25 miles and 3k+ climbing. KOM pace is like 2hrs flat I think I'm somewhere around 2:40.

Currently construction in the beginning of Back 40 CCW, gotta ride alongside the road for half a mile. Not a huge deal, just a heads up.

It's funny, I've met more people from out of town riding in Bentonville due to all this mess than locals in the last 6 months. A great place to get away from it all and just ride.

With regards to other races, looks like the folks at Blue Ridge Adventures are full go. Couch Potato sold out I think, Swank about full I hear and that was the same weekend as marathon nats....not really "endurance" but better than nothing:
    https://www.blueridgeadventures.net/swank-65/race-6/

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, I wasn't super impressed by it. Ok, but not like being out in the woods or wilderness really. A trail system is great to have, so don't get me wrong there, but not as interesting as I was hoping. Trail surface mostly ok, obvious that it's cost some money to make it. Some day I'll try to hit the Womble trail and maybe that'll be more interesting to me. Sweltering heat didn't help, but best trails within a few hundred miles isn't enough reason for me to go there unless I just happen to be within a few hundred miles for some other reason.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Shendandoah 100 in VA is still a go in early sept. A classic 100 that is really well done Great single track. A true mountain bikers course. The promoter (chris scott) put on another long one called the stoopid 50 and did it in a real responsible manner this year with staged starts of 10 riders 2 minutes apart and touch-less registration. highly recommend
    https://www.bikereg.com/shenandoah-mountain-100
    Last edited by mackdhagen; 08-17-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    MyRides - Santa Cruz Tallboy CC, Van Dessel Ramble tamble SS, Look 986 1x10,

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sounds like BT epic is full go:
    https://www.btepicrace.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    Sounds like BT epic is full go:
    https://www.btepicrace.com/
    Yep, I'll be there.

This Saturday is the One Eyed Dog 50/100 miler on the Ozark Trail, out of Council Bluff Lake.

https://www.bikereg.com/the-ozarks-one-eyed-dog-50100

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Coppermine race tomorrow.
    40km (hopefully 2:30hr) back country riding with about 1,000m of climbing.
    Photo taken on a practice lap last week. Normally a great view
    Any races?-img_20200906_120323.jpg

First time racing it with gears (2:45hr previous best)

Also, nothing like last minute changes.
    Any races?-img_20200925_142912.jpg
    Especially something you've never tried before before.
    Wonder what pressure I can get away with...

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    2:20! The CushCores did what they said they would.
    My hands and wrists thank them for it.

I didn't hang around for the prize giving as standing around in the sun with 160 of my closest friends for 2-3hrs waiting for the last person to finish isn't my idea of fun.
    If I had, I'd have found, to my surprise, that I won the 50+ Womens class.
    Apart from being 52, I neither entered, nor qualify for the other prerequisite for that class

But hey, if it means I get a certificate...

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    3rd in (proper) class and 12th out of 90 overall.
    Before the race I was thinking top 20 if I really pushed it

2 weeks until an 80+km gravel race in the hills.

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    3rd in (proper) class and 12th out of 90 overall.
    Before the race I was thinking top 20 if I really pushed it

2 weeks until an 80+km gravel race in the hills.
    Well done!