mtbr member

50 mile MTB race near Wintergeen resort...info?

Anyone know anything about this race/course? Since I can't find any info I am assuming that this is the inaugural race OR maybe it just hasn't been publicized in the past. Looks to be south of Sherando.

Bel Monte Endurance Races

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDude001 View Post
    Anyone know anything about this race/course? Since I can't find any info I am assuming that this is the inaugural race OR maybe it just hasn't been publicized in the past. Looks to be south of Sherando.

Bel Monte Endurance Races
    Seems inaugural from where I'm sitting. Typical Sherando Lake trails tied together to the parkway,then going into Wintergreen to finish up. Interesting, for sure, but they need to create a navigable webpage or no one is gonna know what the f#%k is going on.
    Yeah well, that's just, ya' know, like, your opinion, man.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The race has been a popular ultra running race. This year for the first time they are including a mtb race on the same course which is the reason for the early start. For next year they are considering running the mtb race on Sunday.

The course includes trails in the Sherando area (Torry Ridge, Mill Creek) and trails at Wintergreen.

This Saturday there is an organized ride meeting at Bald Mountain Overlook (milepost 22.1 on the Blue Ridge Parkway) at 8am. We will be riding the 2nd half of the course which is mainly at and near Wintergreen.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That site IS a mess. He mixes his running races with his MTB races under the MTB tab. The pics under the MTB tab show running photos? I just sent the webmaster an email pointing out some of the issues. Well see !

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

carlbttb

Yes I know about the Bel Monte 50mile. It is first year for the bike and 8th year for the runs.
    Thats why you don't see any biking pictures. On the web site there are a few of me but that gets boring after a while. So you need to come out and race so we can video and take your picture. We have done a few pre rides this spring. The trails are in good shape. Thanks for the input. We are fixing the course discription on the web site. Its going to be a tough ride and I predict about 5hours for the top guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0