24 SOLO Hour Endurance Races- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194

    24 SOLO Hour Endurance Races

    ITs that time of year when we start to begin to see those races we all love and hate opening up for entry!

    Who is going where this year!!
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    173
    I'm intrigued by this but also aware I'm no where near ready to tackle such an event. I'll start acquiring more equipment and going for longer and longer rides this year and then maybe consider 100 miles in 2020 and see how it goes.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHutch View Post
    I'm intrigued by this but also aware I'm no where near ready to tackle such an event. I'll start acquiring more equipment and going for longer and longer rides this year and then maybe consider 100 miles in 2020 and see how it goes.
    Most people do it for the fun of it, ride a few laps, eat , drink, do another lap, take a nap ETC.

    I'm on the competitive side but still have fun.

    So far Entries have been paid on 2 24hr Endurance races, sadly they are a week apart...
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  4. #4
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    879
    Its been a few years since there has been a 24 hour race locally to me in central ca, I only did it one time as a 5 man team, definitely the most fun I've had "racing".

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Its been a few years since there has been a 24 hour race locally to me in central ca, I only did it one time as a 5 man team, definitely the most fun I've had "racing".
    Usually the Teams are FLYING!!
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  6. #6
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    Usually the Teams are FLYING!!
    ha! we weren't one of those teams, but still a great time. I always dreamed of doing a solo ride. One day. I've done 12 and 8 hour races, but nothing compares to those laps at 4am when all the sudden the course seems empty and you're questioning every decision you ever made.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BantamSLK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Is there a calendar of the announced 24 hour races? Thinking of giving one a shot this year...
    The Race Bike: 2014 Specialized Camber Evo XX1

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    Most people do it for the fun of it, ride a few laps, eat , drink, do another lap, take a nap ETC.

    I'm on the competitive side but still have fun.

    So far Entries have been paid on 2 24hr Endurance races, sadly they are a week apart...
    I am always looking for 24 hour events to solo. There are only 2 I know of within a days drive of me: Pats Peak in NH and Hardcore 24 in NY. I have done Pats a few times and enjoy it, last year kinda sucked because I was the only solo male racer out there along with 1 solo female and 2 teams. Not much racing really. I have yet to make it to Hardcore 24 due to the date conflicting so much with another race that I try and do, but I am thinking maybe Ill give it a shot this year.

    I assume your in Texas based on your name, but what events have you signed up for? I watch MBR's endurance race calendar for events but it can take some serious google-foo to find the 24 hour events...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by jbell View Post

    I assume your in Texas based on your name, but what events have you signed up for? I watch MBR's endurance race calendar for events but it can take some serious google-foo to find the 24 hour events...
    So far I have entered the "24 Hours In the Canyon" in Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. This will be its 13th year and runs really really smooth from start to finish usually around 300 plus riders and runs in conjuction with the Ultra road endurance championships at the same time, great race and benifits a cancer charity.

    The 2nd one is "24hrs in the Enchanted forest" in Gallup New Mexico. This will be my first year doing it.

    I have been invited to the Wausau24 up noth by a friend, dont know if I can make it.
    Last edited by DaleinTexas; 01-06-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by BantamSLK View Post
    Is there a calendar of the announced 24 hour races? Thinking of giving one a shot this year...
    Not that I know of most you just have to google to find. Still a few more like the Oregon24 and the 25hrs of Frog Hollow.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by BantamSLK View Post
    Is there a calendar of the announced 24 hour races? Thinking of giving one a shot this year...
    generally the most comprehensive calendar I've found (not 24hr exclusive) is at MTB Radio.

    Endurance Mountain Bike Race Calendar - Mountain Bike Radio

    but it looks like Ben's still on holiday

    I don't have anything this year mostly because (at 52) the damn things take soooooo long to recover from. I'd consider Frog Hollow again just because taking the whole month of Nov off afterwards wouldn't be that big of a deal (to me) unless I really get the cx bug. Maybe another run at 24hop next year (?) just because???

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    11
    There is a new one right in the middle of the country. Wolf Creek 24 hour in Poplar Bluff Missouri, its a relatively flat, relatively low tech 12 mile lap. Its going to be the perfect race for fast times or your first 24 hour. Shortish lap times means easy logistics.

    https://www.bikereg.com/wolf-creek-6...KdhnRoOalGLhJQ

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Another Texas based 24hr race is the 24 hours of Rocky Hill. It's in Late October typically (19&20th this year) The race loop is about 10 miles and 1500 feet of elevation change w/ the majority of the course being single-track.

    24 Hours of Rocky Hill – Terra Firma Racing

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayce View Post
    There is a new one right in the middle of the country. Wolf Creek 24 hour in Poplar Bluff Missouri, its a relatively flat, relatively low tech 12 mile lap. Its going to be the perfect race for fast times or your first 24 hour. Shortish lap times means easy logistics.

    https://www.bikereg.com/wolf-creek-6...KdhnRoOalGLhJQ
    NICE!! But I will have to pass on that one. That is the same weekend as our last race of our Spring XC State Championship Series.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by txduc View Post
    Another Texas based 24hr race is the 24 hours of Rocky Hill. It's in Late October typically (19&20th this year) The race loop is about 10 miles and 1500 feet of elevation change w/ the majority of the course being single-track.

    24 Hours of Rocky Hill – Terra Firma Racing
    Rocky hill is a fun place to ride, its also the location of the "Rattler" which is a Leadville 100 Qualifier.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BantamSLK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by jbell View Post
    I have done Pats a few times and enjoy it, last year kinda sucked because I was the only solo male racer out there along with 1 solo female and 2 teams. Not much racing really. .
    I've raced Pat's Sunday XC race and long considered the 24h, being in CT it's the closest one to me I think. Maybe I'll see you out there this year...
    The Race Bike: 2014 Specialized Camber Evo XX1

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by BantamSLK View Post
    I've raced Pat's Sunday XC race and long considered the 24h, being in CT it's the closest one to me I think. Maybe I'll see you out there this year...
    Awesome, please give me a shout if you decide to! There is also
    https://forums.mtbr.com/endurance-xc...y-1080005.html

  18. #18
    Rides all the bikes!
    Reputation: Sidewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,605
    I don't have any endurance events planned for this year. But after my miserable failure on my first 24 attempt a few months ago, I might try that again. It's after my primary season is over. 24 Hours of SoCal in Temecula. Hopefully less than 100°

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Hopefully less than 100°
    LOL!! It was 116 On Friday before the 24 in the canyon, FREEKIN HOT! Race day was a nice cool 100 at 6am.. made for a long race. And like you said, I hope the weather is nicer this year.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    11
    I have not tried a 24hr race yet...but have helped out at the Oregon 24. Mike puts on great events, and I highly recommend this as a ‘travel worthy’ event. Bend, OR riding is world class, and this loop is a great example of what it has to offer.

    Check it out! Mudslinger Events - Oregon Outdoor Recreation - Organizing cycling events in the beautiful and diverse Willamette Valley, Bend and any place adventure takes me

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikehopper View Post
    I have not tried a 24hr race yet...but have helped out at the Oregon 24. Mike puts on great events, and I highly recommend this as a ‘travel worthy’ event. Bend, OR riding is world class, and this loop is a great example of what it has to offer.

    Check it out! Mudslinger Events - Oregon Outdoor Recreation - Organizing cycling events in the beautiful and diverse Willamette Valley, Bend and any place adventure takes me
    I heard they moved the date to July this year too!!!
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: economatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    I heard they moved the date to July this year too!!!
    Yes, it used to be in September but wildfire season has been smoking us out later in the season in Bend. You could even come for the Oregon 24 then a week later suffer some more in HC100.

    I highly recommend both Frog Hollow and Enchanted Forest. Both are well-organized races and a lot of fun in general. Enchanted Forest gets a strong attendance so there's good competition, even in SS. And the Frog Hollow course really punishes you after about 20 hours. I've done it twice and enjoyed about 2 months of numb fingertips afterwards. That can't be good!

    Also put 24 Hours 'Round the Clock in Spokane, WA on your list this year. This is going to be it's 20th year and the last.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chase2wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    255
    I’m racing the 24hrs of Old Pueblo in Arizona next month. Pretty excited.
    Bikes are my time machines.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by chase2wheels View Post
    I’m racing the 24hrs of Old Pueblo in Arizona next month. Pretty excited.
    Very cool! Have fun, it sounds like a cool race to do.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    Yes, it used to be in September but wildfire season has been smoking us out later in the season in Bend. You could even come for the Oregon 24 then a week later suffer some more in HC100.

    I highly recommend both Frog Hollow and Enchanted Forest. Both are well-organized races and a lot of fun in general. Enchanted Forest gets a strong attendance so there's good competition, even in SS. And the Frog Hollow course really punishes you after about 20 hours. I've done it twice and enjoyed about 2 months of numb fingertips afterwards. That can't be good!

    Also put 24 Hours 'Round the Clock in Spokane, WA on your list this year. This is going to be it's 20th year and the last.


    The only things that make me scratch my head are the Lemans style starts and the way timing is done, check in after each lap. It will be a big change from what I'm used to. I'm used to one timing mat at the start/finish line (no slowing down, keep on trucking) and a traditional mass start.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: economatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by chase2wheels View Post
    I’m racing the 24hrs of Old Pueblo in Arizona next month. Pretty excited.
    Let's us know how it goes. I tried to register but the website was unresponsive for the first 15 minutes when it opened in October. 3 hours later all I could do was get on the waitlist.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    The only things that make me scratch my head are the Lemans style starts and the way timing is done, check in after each lap. It will be a big change from what I'm used to. I'm used to one timing mat at the start/finish line (no slowing down, keep on trucking) and a traditional mass start.
    The LeMans start works to a solo's benefit. It gets the fast guys in teams out front and then solos can stay focused on their pace. It's still a CF for the first couple laps but spreading riders out at the start helps a lot.

    The check-in procedure isn't really much of a check-in. Most races have chips and mats and all you do is dismount and speed walk through the timing tent. It won't affect you much at all and it's to keep things safe. Whatever you do, keep your own count of laps and lap times. I don't know why but races mess up timing...all...the...time. It's happened to me 4 times and twice I was asked to show proof. Strava keeps them honest.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    Whatever you do, keep your own count of laps and lap times. I don't know why but races mess up timing...all...the...time. It's happened to me 4 times and twice I was asked to show proof. Strava keeps them honest.
    O WOW!! That does not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling lol!!
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: economatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    408
    I agree. I won't say which race but one lost power to their timing setup during the race and it was an complete shit show. They couldn't figure out who got how many laps and simply posted a list of their best guesses of standings after the race, then waited an hour for racers to challenge the results.

    To this day the website shows incorrect standings (i.e. different from awards after the race) and lap times for some riders that are impossible. I guess it was just a big organized ride and not a race if the timing is all wrong.

  29. #29
    livin' the dream......
    Reputation: tjkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,850
    Considering 24 Hour of Enchanted Forest. Originally considered doing the 12 hour, but if I am going to drive 5-6 hours, why not go for the 24.

    I have done 5 person teams for 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, and pulled the 3 am laps in the cold and rain. I can only imagine doing that, but not having a teammate to hand off to!
    Less f*cks to give every passing day, use them well. - geraldooka

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    263
    A new event in BC, proves the format isnt dead. Losing Canmore has been good for 24 hr calanders in Western Canada quth Golden entering its 3 rd year and the OK 24 fresh and new! It should be a great venue with lots of accomadations as its an established resort.
    https://okanagan24.com

  31. #31
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    I agree. I won't say which race but one lost power to their timing setup during the race and it was an complete shit show. They couldn't figure out who got how many laps and simply posted a list of their best guesses of standings after the race, then waited an hour for racers to challenge the results.

    To this day the website shows incorrect standings (i.e. different from awards after the race) and lap times for some riders that are impossible. I guess it was just a big organized ride and not a race if the timing is all wrong.
    Hehe...I know which one this was...I was there, and had to work a second time via email for my last lap.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

  32. #32
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    I have done many 24 solos, all SS, and also a bunch of 12/8/6’s, over the past 10 years or so. Got tired of doing teams and trying to figure out lap times, dealing with riders who decided to bail on their lap, and simply having to get up from the tent or fire to get going again. I’d rather just keep going, and worry about and manage myself.

    Before I comment on particular events, one piece of advice: Just keep going (other than quick pit stops). Don’t think you can just “sit by the fire for a bit” or “stop to change clothes and eat a meal” or “crawl into my sleeping bag for a quick nap”. That is all brutal for me, both physically and mentally, and I find it “easier” (extremely relative term, LOL) to just keep it switched “On”, and don’t sit down, and just keep going. Lots of other threads on tips and tricks for 24’s, so I won’t go into those, but that to me is the most crucial bit of advice.

    Regarding events, I’ve done Old Pueblo a number of times, with 13 laps being my best result a few years ago, and was entered this year, but had to bail because we (for some reason...LOL) got a new puppy, and we couldn’t board him for the event, and I couldn’t get out to train enough due to being in “puppy jail”. That said, this year wasn’t a bad one to miss as it was very cold (sub-freezing Sat night) and windy the whole time. OP is an “easy” 16+ mile course, but the logistics are the hardest, with the extremely variable weather. I’ve experienced everything there, and it’s hard enough preparing for and managing (and doing!) a 24 solo without having horrendous weather to deal with. It’s a bucket-list event; however, and I highly recommend it. I’ll be back next year...

    I’ve done Enchanted Forest a few times, including 4th last year with 14 laps, and am entered again this year. Zia Rides does a great job with it, and it’s a nice venue and course. Excellent mountain biking in the pines, with no “cheap” dirt road miles. It’s at altitude; however - from about 7500-8200 feet (IIRC), so there’s that. Weather is usually decent, though typically dry and dusty. Again, highly recommended.

    I would like to add another 24 to my calendar, in the fall timeframe, and need to assess what is out there. I’m in AZ, so would be looking at an event in the West. I try to target 2-3 solo 24’s per year, and do a bunch of 12 hour events, including Mesa Verde in CO, which is an outstanding event and course.

    Anyways, hope that helps, and hope I meet some of you in person at some of these events!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

  33. #33
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    Considering 24 Hour of Enchanted Forest. Originally considered doing the 12 hour, but if I am going to drive 5-6 hours, why not go for the 24.

    I have done 5 person teams for 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, and pulled the 3 am laps in the cold and rain. I can only imagine doing that, but not having a teammate to hand off to!
    Do the 24...it’s worth it. And the drive is only about 4 1/2 hours...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    I have done many 24 solos, all SS, and also a bunch of 12/8/6’s, over the past 10 years or so. Got tired of doing teams and trying to figure out lap times, dealing with riders who decided to bail on their lap, and simply having to get up from the tent or fire to get going again. I’d rather just keep going, and worry about and manage myself.

    One piece of advice: Just keep going (other than quick pit stops). Don’t think you can just “sit by the fire for a bit” or “stop to change clothes and eat a meal” or “crawl into my sleeping bag for a quick nap”. That is all brutal for me, both physically and mentally, and I find it “easier” (extremely relative term, LOL) to just keep it switched “On”, and don’t sit down, and just keep going.

    Strange as it may sound this is the absoulte truth..
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoePAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    ..I’ve done Enchanted Forest a few times, including 4th last year with 14 laps, and am entered again this year. Zia Rides does a great job with it, and it’s a nice venue and course. Excellent mountain biking in the pines, with no “cheap” dirt road miles. It’s at altitude; however - from about 7500-8200 feet (IIRC), so there’s that. Weather is usually decent, though typically dry and dusty. Again, highly recommended....
    I am considering 24 Hrs EF solo this year. Just have not committed yet. Tell me I am being stupid and should just sign up.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

  36. #36
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I am considering 24 Hrs EF solo this year. Just have not committed yet. Tell me I am being stupid and should just sign up.
    Commit to being stupid and do the solo 24...there, how's that?
    Ride more; post less...

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoePAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    Commit to being stupid and do the solo 24...there, how's that?
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    Strange as it may sound this is the absoulte truth..
    I agree 100%

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DaleinTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    commit to being stupid and do the solo 24...there, how's that?
    hahahaahah!!
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: economatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I am considering 24 Hrs EF solo this year. Just have not committed yet. Tell me I am being stupid and should just sign up.
    Just jump in there and register. It's one of the cheaper 24 hour races out there and worst case scenario you can ride it to have fun, not caring about where you place.

    Enchanted Forest is a fun race and I'd it again this year but it's just too damn far of drive for me.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoePAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    Do the 24...it’s worth it. And the drive is only about 4 1/2 hours...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Done signed up and dropped my $$ for this.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

  42. #42
    I am Walt
    Reputation: waltaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Done signed up and dropped my $$ for this.
    Beautiful! Guaranteed to be warmer than Old Pueblo!! Look forward to seeing you there!
    Ride more; post less...

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    I have been invited to the Wausau24 up noth by a friend, dont know if I can make it.
    I did the wassau 24 last year after a looooong time away from 24 hour races. It was a blast. My team wants to do the 5 man this year, but solo SS is calling my name. I may bail on them and solo, but I have some time to decide that. Highly recommend the wassau course though, fun trails, 34/17 was about perfect for gearing.

Similar Threads

  1. Technic for eating on 6 hour endurance races
    By jdcowboy in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM
  2. 575 for endurance/24 hour races?
    By Lhotse in forum Yeti
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 02:54 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 12:55 PM
  4. New 6-hour Endurance races by SCAR?
    By NoBalance in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
  5. What endurance/24 hour races are you doing?
    By Explosif98 in forum Australia, New Zealand
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 03:36 AM

Members who have read this thread: 161

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.