24 Hours of SoCal Nov 3-4- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

24 Hours of SoCal Nov 3-4

Looking forward to an awesome event on Nov 3-4. 24 Hour racing is back in SoCal.
    socalendurance.com
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

Rides all the bikes!
    Anyone else doing this? Finally paid today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'll be there...pending weather I'll see what I sign up for.

Last minute light changes are coming in early next week.

Rides all the bikes!
    Looks like we'll be somewhat lucky on weather. Forecast of 50-90 (which means 45-100?).

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    HAHA pretty much!! about a week ago they predicted low 70s and 40% chance of rain.....but that's socal weatherman for ya. reality will be low 90s and drop to 50 some at witch's hours.

I signed up for the 24 yesterday before reg closed online. It will be my first 24 so I'm a Rookie to this mess

Rides all the bikes!
    First 24 for me as well.

Rides all the bikes!
    Still need to spend some critical thinking time on it, but I think I tried to take on too many calories in the heat early on. Got sick, decided to call it early after only 8 hours. No regrets about it though, my first race DNF, and I figured I was better off calling it quits early and getting some good rest and returning to normal than forcing it and making my weekend hell with little to show for it.

And...on the bright side, I found a hole where a bolt should be on my shock linkage, so I might have saved myself a cracked frame if I kept riding!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Pretty much the same results, Pathetic I signed up for 24 solo and only rode 8. Race started 10am. Headache started about 4pm after the heat of high of 96 on course, and nausea set in just after sunset. That was a hard lap in the dark, took almost 50% longer to complete, I couldn't drink, wanted to yak on the long climb or any small climb requiring power. Came in about 8:20pm and the BBQ vendor was packing up, he had enough meat to make me a tri tip sandwhich. Best $8 ever!! Saved me to unpacking my cooking kit at camp and making dinner. I was in the sleeping bag before 9 to try to sleep off this mess. Woke up at 4:40am and rode around the pit/camping area to see how the body was doing, before I get tested on the DAM hill climb out the gate. No good, headache was still there, legs were fine as all can be, I crawled back into the sleeping bag and waiting til sunrise. It was 40 some thing degrees at this point.

Oh well, some lessons for next yrs 24hr like don't train 3 weeks before the event. The next 12hr race is end of January. It was fun until it wasn't, great course once I got over the DAM climb. Loved all the single tracks.