2020 XCM World Champs- Mtbr.com
    Armature speller
    Sep 2004

2020 XCM World Champs

Good ride from Hector, now to wait for a highlights package to find out what happened during both races and hopefully with proper commentary.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm grateful for the extended coverage from UCI, and great that Turkey was willing to host, but I feel UCI let their standards slip. First, the course. I haven't followed XCM in the past, but this was a gravel course, not an MTB course. Is that normal? Would the riders have been allowed to ride gravel bikes or rigid MTB with 37 mm tires if they so chose, I wonder? Honestly, Paris-Rubaix is probably more demanding of bike/technical skills than this course. Second, the commentary. A world class event needs a real commentator. I'm not going to criticize the commentator's English or accent, that's not the point. But you need someone who knows something about riders and racing, and some info about what's going on out on the course. Ramona and Maja were working together in the last 10K (basically a road race at that point) so you had to figure that they needed to put time on the third place rider, but there was no info on that. As it turned out, the third place rider finished a minute and a half back, so in hindsight, maybe Maja shouldn't have worked so hard with Ramona. Finally, although I won't criticize the commentator's English, I will criticize the amateurish propaganda-like commentary thanking the presidency of Turkey over and over.