2018 Lumberjack 100- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

2018 Lumberjack 100

Did it really sell out in less than 18 hours?
    Wife was hoping to get in.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    plenty of people will start offering up their spots as the race gets closer. Happens every year due to injuries lack of training etc etc. Just keep an eye on the FB account. I even got a free entry one year as somebody couldn't make it and just wanted to get rid of it. So tell her to keep training : )

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It sold out in 11 hours. I think the cap was lower this year though. Like already mentioned there will be plenty of transfers as it get closer. Looks like only 25 women entered.

mtbr member
    I thought the cap was lower too. Seemed like there were a lot more racers than that last year.
    Either way, I'm in! Definitely keep up on the transfer notices. That's how I got in last year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    2018 Santa Cruz Blur
    2015 Santa Cruz Highball
    2016 Jake The Snake

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'm looking for a entry if anyone needs to sell their's.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    same # of racers this year at 435. The waves will help spread things out in the initial singletrack before hitting the 2 track later on. The traffic was always an easy way not to start of too fast for those that have a issue with that but the new wave system will work well I am sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is the email i got prior to registation:

Happy New Year Lumberjack 100 racers!

We wanted say thank you once again for competing in the 2017 race and to remind you that registration for this years race opens up this Sunday at Noon Est. on Bikereg

The race is capped at 335 and sells out quickly every year, so if you, your teammates, friends... plan to race on June 16, 2018, jump on it before it's sold out.

Wishing you all a great 2018 on and off the bike!

Rick Plite and Scott TenCate

Must be they made a typo with the 335. I wondered why they would make it less people, although is was slightly more expensive this year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Must be they made a typo with the 335. I wondered why they would make it less people, although is was slightly more expensive this year.[/QUOTE]

there was a typo per a response to a FB comment on the 335#. They are paying for the day use parking pass for everyone this year which justifies some price increase I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    i saw that, that is a good thing because i forgot to pay for the parking last year, but didn't get busted. At least the park will get the money that way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Curios for the folks that have ridden the event multiple years, last year was my first time riding LJ and really enjoyed it. Is it the opposite direction this year, If so how does it compare to last? I was damn near last in 2017 but finishing was amazing for me, I am looking to set my sights on a goal for this one and am not sure how the directions compare. I recall a long down hill on the fire road after the fire tower for example last year,

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    have done the race in both directions. In the opposite direction you don't climb that fire road to the tower it is re routed. I liked the flow of the "opposite" direction a little more and allows more time to spread out the field a little before hitting some of the climbs. There are a couple of grinder type hills towards the end of the opposite direction that by lap 3 you will probably remember for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    In for my 4th Lumberjack. Goal is to go sub 8 hours this year. I was 8:07 last year and I prefer the direction this year. The climbs are longer this way but less punchy. I prefer that. I'm not a big power guy so the more I can stay in the saddle and spin, the better. That steep sandy run up to the firetower is bypassed in this direction. Also, the fire road descent as was mentioned. There are a few short and steep punches near the end but you are also rewarded with a super fun, screaming fast and flowy single track downhill for almost a mile right to the finish line. I really love this direction!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Thank you both for the information, that is helpful!