mtbr member
    Mar 2006

16th annual Cascade Cream Puff 100, on-line registration to open at midnight 12-1-11.

On-line registration for the 16th Cascade Cream Puff 100 is set to launch at midnight on 12-1-11: http://obra.org/events/20096/register You can also download the form from the updated site now and mail it in: http://www.cascadecreampuff.com/2012...ormCCP2012.pdf

I think the planned 2012 race course is my favorite course!

scott
    ReviveR

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    and miles to go before I sleep.

By: Robert Frost

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

On-line registration is up and running :)

The On-line registration is up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Reviver View Post
    On-line registration for the 16th Cascade Cream Puff 100 is set to launch at midnight on 12-1-11: http://obra.org/events/20096/register You can also download the form from the updated site now and mail it in: http://www.cascadecreampuff.com/2012...ormCCP2012.pdf

I think the planned 2012 race course is my favorite course!

scott
    ReviveR

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    and miles to go before I sleep.

By: Robert Frost

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i've always wanted to do this race, and then i go to register and that entry fee makes me think twice. someone convince me it's worth it! how does it compare to the HC 100?
    something about the west coast...it makes me wanna ride

giddy up!
    It's worth it. I'd say it's in my top 3 of favorite 100s.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    It's absoultely worth it. I'll be back for my 3rd edition this year--I wouldn't miss it. Super well organized, best trails anywhere, and much of your entry fee goes right back to the trails. Paradise is not cheap. As far a the HC100 comparsion, they couldn't be more different. Amazing considering they are only 100 miles away from each other. Both are hard as hell. The best way I have come up with to describe them is this: The CCP100 will wear you down to the bone, the HC100 will just beat the crap of out you. Sign up now. You will forget about having spent the money come race day.

Natural body armor
    Quote Originally Posted by uncreative View Post
    i've always wanted to do this race, and then i go to register and that entry fee makes me think twice. someone convince me it's worth it! how does it compare to the HC 100?
    Best race ever, amazing trails and scenery, great vibe and people.
    I have never seen a course marked so well and by far the best aid stations/crew I have ever seen.

Price for a 100mi race seems pretty reasonable to me, considering what you get and that some of that many goes to support some great trails.

I'm already signed up

ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

mtbr member
    May 2007
    agree with the above and will add.

You will ride miles and miles of ripping, new to you, single track and will be back to ride the Oakridge area just 'for fun'.
    Go that way really fast......if anything gets in your way turn.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I love that race. Always have and likely will always consider it one of my favorite courses ever. The climbing is painful, the descents are awesome, but much more so when the price was reasonable. I am almost positive the first year I did it the price was 175 or 200 dollars. A kings ransom at the time to me.

I have a lot more money now and when I look at the price I just think I can do two East Coast races for the price of one CCP. So I will stay on the East Coast and do the SM 100, the Iron Mountain 100k, the Mohican 100 and spend 75 dollars more. Maybe I won't get the epic climbs and come done the Alpine Trail, but I do get a lot of other great single track.

To those that go,it is epic. It is once in a lifetime, I finished it 4 times, but the last entry I paid and went to race it was 225.... and that was stupid pricey....

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Worth it.

In spades.
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member

The 33 degree can of coke at 90 miles in

was worth about $180.00 last time I raced it.

Members who have read this thread: 0