5 x 5

What my mom said when she saw my new Moment

I came home for Thanksgiving and naturally I brought my new bike with me. Mom said she wanted to see it, so I took her out to the garage. Now, I don't think my mom's ever been on a bicycle in her life. She took one look at it and said, "Oh, Bill, that's a beautiful bicycle. Isn't it nice when our machines are so nice to look at at?"

See? Mom gets it!
    "Check out dude."
    "Dude, crazy."

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    see even non riders can seize the moment
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMountainHop
    I came home for Thanksgiving and naturally I brought my new bike with me. Mom said she wanted to see it, so I took her out to the garage. Now, I don't think my mom's ever been on a bicycle in her life. She took one look at it and said, "Oh, Bill, that's a beautiful bicycle. Isn't it nice when our machines are so nice to look at at?"

See? Mom gets it!
    That's what my mom said about my Warp.. and what she says about me and my son... That's what you can expect that from your Mom when she loves you.
    Check my Site

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMountainHop

See? Mom gets it!
    Just don't tell her how much $$ you have into it....she FOR SURE won't get that .

"Its All Good"
    Dam straight Ricko, not many can understand the money side of the bikes, especially my dad
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

5 x 5

Yeah, actually....

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko
    Just don't tell her how much $$ you have into it....she FOR SURE won't get that .
    We were talking about how quality is worth paying for, and she said, "I'm sure this new bike of yours cost at least a thousand or twelve hundred dollars." I said "Try five." (I spared no expense.) She was a little stunned. That's when she said, "I need to see this bike."

Pretty funny.
    "Check out dude."
    "Dude, crazy."

"Its All Good"
    so true, in New Zealand money, my dad suggests 3K NZD, I say mmmmmmmmm I cannot tell him, he will pass out I am sure, loose the plot, drop the clutch........ dis own me, no dont thing that far, but dang I am worried, and I am 33 years of age, still gives me the hebbies
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Time is not a road.
    Some people spend $5000/year on cigarettes...what have they got to show for it? At least it's not a trinket that sits on a mantle. These bike are tools that get used and sometimes abused. At least we put our money where our passion is instead of blowing it on stippers and martinis (though, I'm sure many do this too!!!).

"Its All Good"
    Chad, such true words. People judge on the strangest things, in the end I say screw them all, I love my bike, it is a tool that gets used loads, brings me more enjoyment than it is worth.

Have to get a roadbike now, will help the fitness very much, and ease of use. Now there are plenty of bling roadbikes...........

Time is not a road.
    Happy First Day of Summer down there in Middle Earth...except I think it's already tomorrow there? Wierd...so how's tomorrow? Just thought I could get a jump on the day.

You might also check with Kona and see how big you can go before your warranty is void. This can be an issue also.

"Its All Good"
    Chad, tomorrow for you is rocking down here in middle earth. Have a best mates wedding today, so all go with that.

Am looking at a Colnago President, very sexy frame.....................

Members who have read this thread: 0