Just another FOCer

Wait a Moment, you were golden

My good friend Joel decided it was time to put his classic gold ID into semi retirement.

A first year model that has served him well:

He took the wheels, handlebar and stem off his ID for now. Some of the new bits & pieces:

Fox 36 RC2
    Avid Juicy 5's
    Sram XO triggers. (I would have said just get the X9's, but the XO's do have a very precise feel to them.)
    Sram X9 rear derailleur
    Race Face Atlas cranks

Joel hitting a jump:

With Joel's slightly sideways landing, he almost lost the bead on his rear tire. A little further down the trail it finally gave way. Man, there just isn't enough rear tire clearance:

One more shot:

After his first ride he said he enjoyed the ride. Very simular to his old ID.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

Time is not a road.
    What size is that rear tire? 2.35?

Just another FOCer
    I believe he is running a 2.35 in back and a 2.6 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    What size is that rear tire? 2.35?

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Nice Photos

What type of camera did you use to shoot the photos? I'm guessing digital SLR since the point and shoot cameras are too slow. I thought about the trade in program for the Moment, but I couldn't get comfortable with the frame. I rode 8 different Moments and they just didn't fit right.

Oh, where did you guys take the photos at? Your videos of Chiquito are awesome. I'm so inspired, I'm gonna try to get our riding crew to go ride it this weekend....if they can wake up.

Just another FOCer
    The camera is infact a point and shoot.

Panasonic DMC-FZ5 w/ a fast memory card.

Great camera. The only thing I don't like about it is that the view finder is electronic instead of optical. (Its hard to keep a rider in frame for continuous shots. I have to use a little Kentucky windage.)

The ID photo is from Chiquita last week. The Moment photos are from Aliso Woods on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SprocketHead
    What type of camera did you use to shoot the photos? I'm guessing digital SLR since the point and shoot cameras are too slow. I thought about the trade in program for the Moment, but I couldn't get comfortable with the frame. I rode 8 different Moments and they just didn't fit right.

Oh, where did you guys take the photos at? Your videos of Chiquito are awesome. I'm so inspired, I'm gonna try to get our riding crew to go ride it this weekend....if they can wake up.

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Well, looks like he is putting the new Moment to good use. Can't say the same for myself...finally put all the finishing touches to it but didn't have the chance to really ride it.

Great sequence of shots. The gold id pic looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Fooriders.com. What part of Aliso were the Moment shots taken? Looks very residential.

Just another FOCer
    The top of 5 Oaks.

Here is Joel from a different angle:

Photo by Terminaut

Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Well, looks like he is putting the new Moment to good use. Can't say the same for myself...finally put all the finishing touches to it but didn't have the chance to really ride it.

Great sequence of shots. The gold id pic looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Fooriders.com. What part of Aliso were the Moment shots taken? Looks very residential.

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

trail fairy
    Nice ride

If thats a 2.35 man he should go tubless, I had way more clearance than that with my 2.35, looks like a 2.5 to me but hay I'm on the other side of the globe so who knows.

The stiffer sidewalls of tubeless would be better for hard jumping IMO, Ive never had a UST tyre do that.

The ID looked sweet also! ID out to pasture pity but it has to happen sooner or later!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SprocketHead

I got a friend who also cant ride the Moment, he say it's not a trail bike, but a train bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0