mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Vanilla rlc or pike 426 for Epiphany

I'm considering the pike because of the coil option and the 20mm TA. I think this set up will make the front stiff. What do you guys think?

Just another FOCer
    1 vote for the Pike.

I have a couple of friends that run the Pike and are very happy with the fork. (1 on a 5 Spot and 1 on a (CA) Id.)

On my ID a ways back, I switched from a Vanilla 125r to a Maverick DUC32 and was very pleased. I'm a big fan of the thru axle on forks. (Keeps the steering more precise.)

The Vanilla is a good fork, there are just better options out there these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SpR(o)cKeT
    I'm considering the pike because of the coil option and the 20mm TA. I think this set up will make the front stiff. What do you guys think?
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

Time is not a road.
    Are you sticking with the RP3 in the back? If so, I'd vote for Pike Air...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hello
    if you really want a 20mm hub the pike air will be perfect.just a little bit heavier than the vanilla but really stiffer.
    but on the epiphany i'll prefer the revelation (that is what i will put on mine!!).

the pike willl be on my moment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustplayer
    hello
    if you really want a 20mm hub the pike air will be perfect.just a little bit heavier than the vanilla but really stiffer.
    but on the epiphany i'll prefer the revelation (that is what i will put on mine!!).

the pike willl be on my moment.
    I'd have to strongly reccomend you go with RockShox, the Revelation (No U-Turn necessary) or the Pike Dual Air U-Turn (so you can dial it down to mach your terrain)...I don't have any need for the Pike on my Epi where I am riding, but if I was out west with longer faster downhills, it would be really fun. I'd def. get the Pike if I had a Moment though. The Pike looks BADASS, but the revelation aint so bad either. The Revelation is perfectly matched to the action of the RP3.

DO NOT GET THE POPLOC, stick with the stantion mounted control.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Members who have read this thread: 0