mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Turner or Ellsworth?

The following was posted in the Turner forum and I thought that it should also be posted here to give Ellsworthians a chance to respond. Compare the 5 Spot to the Epiphany.

Originally posted in the Turner forum by Teamslug.

"Hi there.I'm lookin round for a new steed.Narrowed it down to 5 spot or Epiphany.So how good is the new 5 spot now they've had to move the chainstay pivots? Got some maverick duc32 for it.will they be ok.?"

Leash Law Enforcer
    I think TeamSlug (original poster of that question) was just trying to start a flame war. But, for what it is worth I already posted my comments over there. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=160670
    Long story short - How you ride or want to ride should decide which frame you get.

Amphibious Technologies
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think that you're right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Turner Or Ellsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    The following was posted in the Turner forum and I thought that it should also be posted here to give Ellsworthians a chance to respond. Compare the 5 Spot to the Epiphany.

Originally posted in the Turner forum by Teamslug.

"Hi there.I'm lookin round for a new steed.Narrowed it down to 5 spot or Epiphany.So how good is the new 5 spot now they've had to move the chainstay pivots? Got some maverick duc32 for it.will they be ok.?"

I have a 5 spot and a joker. My spot has a fox talas 36 on it, and is my trail bike. This bike climbs exceptionally well, and is great descending. I ride 3 days a week in the north east, and this bike has never let me down. It has been flawless since I got it (Im 220 lbs) Great bike for someone who has only one bike.
    My joker is set up for sort of free ride/ downhill. This is my bike for diablo free ride park ( im learnin..) I just got it a few weeks ago, so I'll let you know how it goes... So far, so good. I had some issues with the bottom bracket threads, so Im gonna say the quality in my experience is a little less than the Turner. I will update as time goes on.

Members who have read this thread: 0