mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Are there still problem's with Ellsworth frames failing pre-maturely?

Not trying to stir the pot here but, I'm considering buying an 06' Truth or Epiphany and am aware of the seemingly high failure rate's of some past Ellsworth frames. (The Truth in particular.) Is this still a problem or has it been addressed? I just don't want to spend $2000+ and have to worry about the frames integrity or dealing with warranty issues.

Thanks everyone.

Trail rider and racer
    I bought an 04 and had zero issues.

Seems most frames 2004 onwards were fine. Indeed, I have not seen a negative post about them.

2006 would be fine to buy!
    Trev!

"Its All Good"
    MOJO, flick through the threads, have not read anything about frame issues for a long while. You will notice very few issues since 04 as Trevor has stated. You will be fine, I have blasted my ID, and no issues, have a fair few Ellsworths riding with me these days, and no issues. You will if you start bombing DH courses on a Truth though.... LOL
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Brass Nipples!
    I agree with the Trevor and Whafe. The 2001 to 2003 Truths were cursed and the older ID chainstays had intermittent failures. The stays have been redesigned and appear to be stronger, and I can't remember hearing about any front triangle failures since the '03 Truths on any Ellsworth model. osokolo is a solid guy who seems to ride a bunch and his 2004 Truth is holding up. My wife's 2004 Truth will last forever unless it collapses from the weight of the dust that has been collecting on it (sarcasm, sorry dear).

Customer service has been getting good marks the last year and a half or so as well. I'd say CS has pretty much become a non issue since E went to the 2 year warranty. Good CS also makes the rare failure less of a hassle if it should occur.
    Last edited by Bob the Wheelbuilder; 10-31-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Members who have read this thread: 0