Time is not a road.

Suspension and Push

Annyone have some Push'd bits on their bike(s)? How has it been working out?

I've heard great things about the mods these guys do. They're right down the street but I have yet to visit or get anything upgraded, but many of the guys I ride with have had forks and shocks modified and I've ridden with them (Darren and Jimmy of Push Industries) on occasion. I recommend their service all the time and my LBS sells modified shocks/forks right out of the showroom

I wondered how the mods worked with ICT (or Atlas for that matter). Do they improve it, or can you even tell the difference? Would you do it again?

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Annyone have some Push'd bits on their bike(s)? How has it been working out?

I've heard great things about the mods these guys do. They're right down the street but I have yet to visit or get anything upgraded, but many of the guys I ride with have had forks and shocks modified and I've ridden with them (Darren and Jimmy of Push Industries) on occasion. I recommend their service all the time and my LBS sells modified shocks/forks right out of the showroom

I wondered how the mods worked with ICT (or Atlas for that matter). Do they improve it, or can you even tell the difference? Would you do it again?
    I've got a PUSHed RP3 and TALAS RLC for my Id. The modifications definitely improved both in a noticeable way.

I've recently started using a new RockShox Revelation Air U-Turn. I like it better than the TALAS, even with the PUSH mods.

I hear that Darren and crew are going to start offering mods for the RS forks soon. When mine needs servicing I plan to send it in. I think the rebound could stand some improving, and that's primarily what they will be offering, I hear.

Time is not a road.
    Nice...the Revelation looks like a great fork. I'm suprised you like it better than the Fox. What differences do you notice?

I think this would be a perfect fork for the new Epiphany, BTW. I rode a Reba on my Isis for a few months and found that it tracked very well and was pretty stiff. I switched to coil (Marz) because I like the plush feel, but I think RS has really come on strong with their new products.

The Ancient One
    The Revelation is plusher over the small bumps. It seems to swallow the hard sharp-edged ones just as well.

The tunability by the rider is amazing. It's like you could modify the shim stack practically while riding. (Of course it doesn't actually have a shim stack.) In the platform mode it can be adjusted from full lockout to almost unnoticeable. That's a much wider range than the PUSHed RLC offers.

And as you turn the compression adjuster towards full lock, you get a really wide range of low speed damping.

I also like the dual-air feature. Being able to separately pump the negative spring offers again more tunability.

The U-Turn feature vs. the TALAS adjuster is pretty much a wash. You get 40mm of adjustment with the Fox compared with 30 to the RS. The knob is nicer and easier to grip on the RS, but it takes more turns. Also, if you try to extend the fork on the fly, you're turning against your own weight and it's really hard. It's better to stop and put your feet down. On the other hand with the U-turn you don't have to wheelie to extend or jump on it to compress. Turning the knob does the whole thing.

Members who have read this thread: 0