mtbr member
    Apr 2004

No good Smellsworthless Moment!

I was just browsing over on Dreamride and came across some of the new bike descriptions.

Apparently, the Moment is a "miserable failure". I thought the Moment was gaining quite a loyal following. This guy is a riot. Not to mention, his custom builds are beyond expensive. Enjoy.

http://www.dreambike.com/home.htm

SANDY
    XDreamTrail Edition Dreamride Mutant four bar linkage suspension with Romic rear shock. Marzocchi Z-1 FR. Magura Louise FR hydraulic discs. Chris King headset. King ISO hubs laced with 14/15 spokes to Mavic 729DH rims. Solid axle rear hub/20mm front. XTR drivetrain with SRAM X-9 shifters. Shimano Saint cranks. Easton Scandium bars. Moots titanium offset seatpost. Easton Magnesium DH stem. WTB Power V saddle. Gold with gold and black accents. This is Dreamride's answer to the stolen design idea and miserable failure of the Smellsworthless Moment--a freeride/all mountain bike for hardcore slickrock riding. For riders from 5'8" to 6' weighing under 185 pounds.
    Last edited by ronny; 02-01-2006 at 07:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Here's the link...
    http://www.dreamride.com/mediumrentals.html

Funny stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Talks like a used car salesman and his build kit is $4105!!!

So the Moment (4-bar HL) had ripped off suspension design from a faux-bar bike.

If its such a burly trailbike (spec'd DH parts) how come a rider has to be under 185 lb.

Brass Nipples!
    Calling Lee Bridgers stupid would be an insult to stupid people. His stuff can be entertaining, but not for the reasons he thinks it is.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

No, that's not phonetic
    Fickle fickle. You guys thought he was pretty groovy when he was a shill for E, remember?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Trail Rider

I remember that...

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Fickle fickle. You guys thought he was pretty groovy when he was a shill for E, remember?
    Things change...

"A non Horstlink bike will get notably less effective with the rear brake on. No doubt. There is a reason that I pay Specialized, proper positioning of the Horst link is the best way to build a bicycle rear suspenion."

David Turner 7/16/2004
    Don

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Very negative, elitist attitude. NO ESTIMATES , DON'T CALL ME UNLESS YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD IN YOUR HAND, YES WE'RE EXPENSIVE BUT THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE THE BEST............................uh, okay. Never understood why anyone would puchase from them.

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I didn't, and said so.

Rolling
    ....Given that Lee has that on his business site, he could be bordering on slander with those remarks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Very negative, elitist attitude. NO ESTIMATES , DON'T CALL ME UNLESS YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD IN YOUR HAND, YES WE'RE EXPENSIVE BUT THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE THE BEST............................uh, okay. Never understood why anyone would puchase from them.
    I purchased my Truth frame from them and they had the best price...plus a free King Headset and shipping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ....Given that Lee has that on his business site, he could be bordering on slander with those remarks.
    It is a bit harsh, but on the other hand, his bike reviews are honest and accurate. I wish the mountain bike rags would write reviews like his. If they did, they would loose advertising dollars.

In FTF We Trust
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Talks like a used car salesman and his build kit is $4105!!!
    Not to mention that the rental fee for that bike is $200 a day. Man, I guess I've gotta start renting out my bikes when I'm not riding them .
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    The story goes that Lee B was developing the Moment in conjunction with Tony E. While shopping for investors, Tony pulled the plug and went with someone else. That's when Lee ditched Ellsworth and went with Ventana. Lee likes to think that the Moment was HIS bike and Tony stole it. He's got a bit of resentment!

Members who have read this thread: 0