Brass Nipples!

A shining Moment on a JEM of a trail

Another great southern Utah fall day. Temps in the 60's, lots of sun. My daughter was down from school and wanted to go for a ride.

We rode an abbreviated Gould's Rim / JEM trail variation, parking at the corrals, riding down the road to the Gould's singletrack, up Gould's, down the JEM to the Virgin River and back along the main road through the hill below Gooseberry.

The Moment just shines in our local terrain. I could see if someone just rode smooth singletrack that this bike would be overkill, but there are enough rocks and drops on just about every ride locally that 5 or 6 inches of travel is much appreciated. I remember riding this stuff on my stiffer than a board Cannondale Delta-V hardtail a decade ago. I couldn't ever go back to that kind of jackhammer ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Rolling
    I gotta get there to ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for the pix Bob, I've always enjoyed them. Beautiful country.

"Its All Good"
    Bob T W, your pics always look great, awesome to see your terrain, so different from down in these parts.............. I am going to get to that area to ride some day soon.......... Looks to be a joant playground.......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Looks like a great ride Bob. Is your daughter back at the "Y" now. We should hook her up with my son. Second thought..... kids hate this sort of match making.

Btw. Thanks again for showing me around this loop. Fun, fun ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice pics Bob! Made it up there to ride Gooseberry and Little Creek four weeks ago. Always a nice trip.
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0