Thread: Sat 2/11 Ride

Leash Law Enforcer

Sat 2/11 Ride

In order to answer Chad's request for more riding pics here is my contribution for the week. Nothing exciting by any means. Due to hiking and biking the day before and a lack of time I decided to head up a trail that is literally 3 blocks from my front door.

The way up is fire road and it is steep! I have heard from reliable sources that the trails pictured have some sections with continuous 18-22% grades.

Looking back down

A shot of my '99 Truth at the singletrack junction

Panoramic shot at the junction with the singletrack

The singletrack down is a lot of fun. There are numerous water bars and rocks. Along with the switchbacks it makes for a semi-technical trail.

Of course, the technicality doesn't change with which way you attack it. Going up is just as fun as going down.

I have to say that I took a Moment out several weeks agon on this same trail. Despite the different geometry and added weight it felt like it climbed a lot of this stuff better than my Truth does. Then again, maybe it was just my tired legs getting to me yesterday.

I hope these pics turn out ok. They don't look as crisp as I would like. I have been wanting to get into photography a little more so posting some ride pics may help me get some practice.

The best part of the ride was when I was on my way down the singletrack and I hear some bikers coming up the singletrack. I pulled over to let them get by me. The first rider was a mid 30 year old guy on a 5-Spot. The second rider comes around a corner also on a 5-Spot but is a gray haired woman that had to be close to 60 years old! She even had armor on. She was cranking up that trail. It really humbled me.

Edit: So, I haven't figured out the image in text thing yet. I will try to figure it out later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pinch; 02-12-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Time is not a road.
    It's nice to be able to ride so close to home. I could live in a better place, but I don't think I could live as close to sweet trails. Back in MI, I used to drive an hour or more to ride - one way. I haven't driven to ride in CO in months. It's great with the short daylight hours.

Nice pics!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Nice trail, looks like a ton of fun to scream down the rocky descent! Lucky you to have that in your backyard.

Members who have read this thread: 0