Thread: RP3 on ID

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

RP3 on ID

Guys, sorry....I know this topic is covered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it. I just ordered an RP3 for my ID. I'm swapping out the Romic. If anyone has made this switch, can you let me know your impressions. Thanks.

trail fairy
    Awesome best air shock for the ID IMO, lightest 2
    you wont be disapointed..
    Enjoy
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Guys, sorry....I know this topic is covered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it. I just ordered an RP3 for my ID. I'm swapping out the Romic. If anyone has made this switch, can you let me know your impressions. Thanks.
    I use a PUSHed RP3 on mine. It's excellent. It was pretty good before getting PUSHed also.

"Its All Good"
    A good move, as the boys said, you will not be at all disappointed. They are very light and do the job great.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks guys. Any warranty concerns? I know this is minutia, but I just want to be certain, as the RP3 is not a 'standard shock choice' for the Id. Also, the Romic is a 2.25 stroke, 7.875 i2i. the RP3 would be a 2" stroke.

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Thanks guys. Any warranty concerns? I know this is minutia, but I just want to be certain, as the RP3 is not a 'standard shock choice' for the Id. Also, the Romic is a 2.25 stroke, 7.875 i2i. the RP3 would be a 2" stroke.
    I use a 7.5" i2i, the so-called Cali. Id. That puts the BB at about 13.75 inches fully extended. It also slackens the head angle about a degree. You might consider that if you think you would prefer those changes. It's the same travel, almost exactly, either way.

Members who have read this thread: 0