"Its All Good"

Rotorua…. Saturday October 8

Trailadvent and I (Whafe) headed on a merry way to the mountain bike mecca of Rotorua (aka Rotovegas). It is some 2.5 hours from Auckland. The weather was poop, very heavy rain and quite cold considering it is Spring in New Zealand.

We had a food and coffee stop (great coffee at Zippy’s Café, Rotorua) this gave us the required fuel. It was persisting down mind you.

We headed out to the mountain bike spot. Sat in the car, built up the nads to get out in the weather. A slight break came in the rain, we jumped to it, got ready and headed out.

Begun with a huge mellow up hill on some forest 4 wheel drive track, a great warm-up for me anyway. At the top we headed down Gunna Gotta, great trail, very wet, so was a great challenge, we still had our rare tires on from our 12 hour race, not ideal. So glad Trailadvent said to change the front tire back to our usual trail tire. Cannot believe I didn’t lose it more than once.

We then headed up a huge uphill, that went for many Km’s, smooth though, a great climb. Then headed down on the trail Hot Cross Buns, dam fine trail, more challenging in the wet, and wet it was, it was loads of slip sliding away. I must say on the slight steep inclines on tracks, you know those ones that are about 15 metres long, steep uphill and a corner, this is where the ID blows me away, it just climbs like a mountain goat. Cant explain it any better than that.

We did many trails, the best was Be Rude Not 2, a great trail, in fact this is the trail that Gary Fisher named one of his favorite in the WORLD. A great trail.

It was great getting so muddy and dirty, felt like a 4 year old again, in fact feel that way often. The scooters performed like clock work again. The new XO triggers performed awesome, these have been fantastic, helped me hugely, lightening quick changes and reliable in the mud.

Once again, get you butts down here to New Zealand. Don’t forget the worlds are here in August 2006, Be Rude Not 2 come down to New Zealand for those.

Enjoy the pics, see TrailAdvent coming into Be Rude Not 2, a shot from the top of the big hill looking back over Rotorua, Whafe sitting having a breather after a mammoth hill...LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

trail fairy
    Whoa mumma!!

Trailadvent got some speed on yeahhaaaa!!

Sweet Pics Whafe (headcam next time bro) and sweet reveiw of the weekend dude, she was awesome bud, even though the legs were a bit heavy from months of hard riding and thrusdays big soccer match! (we won ha)

A Epic adventure with me good buddy, dosen't get any better than that people!

Whafes been to Vegas many a time but popped his Cherry on these trails affectionaley known as "the Locals trails" as most are built designed by these Kiwi pioneers, many people haven't or don't know about many of these which is sorta nice too, plenty for everyone, cheers lads..

A few more trails in between the big hills, A Trail, Tickler, after Hot X then onto Roller Coaster into Chop Suey, then time for a quick spin on spring roll
    then onto the Rude, which is just bad karma if you come to Roto Vegas and don't ride the RUDE! "Be Rude not TOO" trail.

Damm rude, gotta get rude, course we also got down and dirty in the mud covered head to toe which was just a hoot, we may even be famous outside of Paeroa (Kiwi Joke you'll know if ya ever come down this way).

As we were approached by an overseas Photo J (not photo John) asked if he could get some pics of the Whafe and TA, can't remeber the mag but its some Aussie spread due in Jan/06 I think, will let ya know if we make it to the Cat Walks not!!

Anyways great Post bro, know I want to head back there after seeing those pics again.

Ps, just to really rub it in what Whafe forgot was after the ride we went to a secret stream where it flows hot (water) naturally to clean off and ease the weary bones ahhh what a way to finish an epic day, couple lasses instead of Whafe would have made it purfect, no dis Whafe, thats what I was dreaming of anyways, not sure about u!

Later!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    No disrespect taken, a couple of hot WOman would have put the icing on the cake........ an extra layer of icing lets say.

All good, plenty of more rides to come though....................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

trail fairy
    Hay E board members wheres da love on these pics bro's I bet ya don't see forest like this over yonder!

We show you ours now you show yours, don't be shy!

"its not about the bike its about the ride"

Ps where back to the Rude come Sunday yeahhaa can't wait and I get to try me know spanking 06 AM1 whewwww sex on toast coming up HOLD the bacon!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    You will love the AM1 Trailadvent, it is a great great fork, the dark ghost of forks, will be good to see another AM1 in New Zealand, rare as rocking horse shiat they are in these parts of the world................

trail fairy
    Well have a Bomber convention with Heckler Boy knewly popping his cherry on his Moment and also braking the squezze on his shiny new Z1 it'll be all good in the land of Marz!

Now only if we had some Mazocchi girls to join the PARTY

I think they should come in the wrapper, will pass this on for 07..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Yes indeed it will be the Maz clan.................... Please organise those Maz girls....... bad for your health they would be, I feel unhealthy

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for sharing on those ride pix! All that mud looks like fun! Here in sunny southern California we would have trouble finding mud if we tried

Nice 06 AM1! I just got in the mail the 05 AM1....except I got it in black instead of the desert sand color. A small batch of black AM1's were made at the end of 05 I was told and I was lucky enough to get my hands on one.

One thing on those AM1's...check the allen screw tension on the adjustment knobs. The screws on the 2 bottom knobs of my fork were very loose. In fact, the TAS knob was wobbling out of the box! That's terrible final inspection at Marz.

I checked mine because I read in the user reviews that some have lost their knobs due to loose screws and Marz would not send them new knobs...they only come with a new TAS or rebound assembly purchase! Unreal.

trail fairy
    Cheers, A will do, I think I checked Whafe's when his took its maiden voyage, mine gets hers this weekend, can't wait!

Will more than likely get a dry run @ Vegas this weekend though I won't be upset if its muddy again was fun

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 0