"Its All Good"

Rogue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When do we realistically think the ROGUE will be ready, will it really be March 06? Come on those in the know, spill the factual beans....................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would love some factual beans on it's weight also!

That frame is really interesting and the publicity I read in MBA seem to hint that it should not be too heavy. If they keep the weight in the 7-8 pounds with shock it could be the killer ONE bike to do it all like Santa Cruz is trying to promote it's Nomad.

Rides like wrecking ball
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider
    If they keep the weight in the 7-8 pounds with shock ...
    That would be just plain STUPID, and very DANGEROUS. Doesn't the AM/light FR Moment weigh 7-8 pounds? An 8" travel FR machine would pose a serious health risk to the rider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well I think you are exagerating a little! As far as I'm concerned the "stupid" and "dangerous" would come much more from what parts the rider builds his bike with (ie. carbon crank, egg beater TI pedals and xmax SL wheels!!!!!!).

If the Rogue's weight is let's say 8.5 or even 9 pounds with the DHX coil, then a rider who does not do monster drops could bring down the weight in the 7.5-8 with a DHX air, then put some solid but not too beefy parts and endup with a 32-35lbs total package for a 7-8 inch front and rear all mountain rig. Now that's what I would call a real "all mountain", not a monster drop freerider, an all mountain bike for someone who owns only ONE bike for very technical epic rides, some not too big drop type freeriding, and some downhill, nothing extreme.

Anyway, everybody his own opinion but to me, definitely not plain stupid and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    That would be just plain STUPID, and very DANGEROUS. Doesn't the AM/light FR Moment weigh 7-8 pounds? An 8" travel FR machine would pose a serious health risk to the rider.

trail fairy
    Well I think you are exagerating a little! As far as I'm concerned the "stupid" and "dangerous" would come much more from what parts the rider builds his bike with (ie. carbon crank, egg beater TI pedals and xmax SL wheels!!!!!!).

If the Rogue's weight is let's say 8.5 or even 9 pounds with the DHX coil, then a rider who does not do monster drops could bring down the weight in the 7.5-8 with a DHX air, then put some solid but not too beefy parts and endup with a 32-35lbs total package for a 7-8 inch front and rear all mountain rig. Now that's what I would call a real "all mountain", not a monster drop freerider, an all mountain bike for someone who owns only ONE bike for very technical epic rides, some not too big drop type freeriding, and some downhill, nothing extreme.

Anyway, everybody his own opinion but to me, definitely not plain stupid and dangerous.
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Bulldog
    That would be just plain STUPID, and very DANGEROUS. Doesn't the AM/light FR Moment weigh 7-8 pounds? An 8" travel FR machine would pose a serious health risk to the rider. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I have to agree with Bulldog here, when will people learn theres a frame for everything, get the Moment if ya want to do that Shiat if ya go bigger than what the Moment can handle then ya don't need a bike that light!
    End of story! (weenies arghh they do my head in)
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Rides like wrecking ball
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider

I'm gonna guess the Rogue to be ~10 pounds. At least it should be! The Moment is ~8 and the Dare is what, 11? Slap a beefy Dare rear and its big shock onto a Moment-esque front and it's not going to lose *that* much weight from the Dare.

My RFX is upgraded to 7" and weighs ~9 pounds and I wouldn't say it's overbuilt. Long-travel FR bikes are meant to be ridden hard. I'm sure an 8" XC bike will exist some day, but I personally hope not.

As for your definition of "all mountain", you just described the Moment. What could you do on a 32 pound Rogue (Impossible without being rediculous, IMO) that you can't do on Moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    .... and the Dare is what, 11? Slap a beefy Dare rear and ...
    Not to split hairs, but unlike the earlier Dare, the '05 Dare rear is not so beefy. I didn't weigh mine, buy I would say that the '05 Dare frame is a tad under 10 lbs.
    Last edited by vibiker; 10-20-2005 at 03:56 PM.

"Its All Good"
    I tend to agree with Bulldog here, I cannot understand why people are building light weight MOMENTS, why not take an ID (whoops) EPHINANY. The ROGUE will not be meant as a light weight all mountain scooter......... Each to there own though............... We need to really define what All Mountain means............. A ROGUE is FR orientated, MOMENT more an all round way versatile scooter.

We got off topic, I want, need, have to know when we can get these into out hot, sweaty palms ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

rumor has it...

that February is the anticipated delivery on the first Rogue framesets.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Also spoke to someone that visited the Ells booth at Interbike. I believe he was told the Rogue frame would weigh not much more than the Moment...like only a quarter or half pound more. Definitely within a pound.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Also spoke to someone that visited the Ells booth at Interbike. I believe he was told the Rogue frame would weigh not much more than the Moment...like only a quarter or half pound more. Definitely within a pound.
    HA, you see guys!

I know most of you don't agree but according to the publicity I read, Ells seems intent on having the Rogue configurable to 6, 7 or 8 inches that doesn't have much penalty on weight...

My point is not to have an idiot race XC type build, an 8" Rogue with carbon crank, TI egg beaters and Stan's weeny wheels. My point is that for the average joe rider, that does not do extreme of anything, no extreme drops, no extreme downhill, no extreme XC racing, then if the Rogue is in the 8 pounds ballpark it would permit this joe rider who wants to have only ONE bike to have ONE great bike for most of what he rides. With an intelligent choice of parts, the rider could easily build a 32-34 pounds bike for all sorts of aggressive technical trail riding and have a second set of wheels/tires for some light freeride and DH days. At the same time, the rider that does mostly freeride and DH, could build a 35-40 pounds bike that could handle plenty of small to medium drops without breaking the frame by doing so.

Anyway, thanks much for your comments. I know most don't agree with me but that's ok, I often have an opinion that is different from the mass. For example, a few years ago I was dreaming/hoping that one day we would have 6 inches 30 pounds trail bikes. Most of my friends thought I was an idiot, that 6 inches of travel for trail riding was ridiculous, it was for DH. Well a few years later what is now the norm, 6 inches 30 pounds trail bikes! So now I'm dreaming/hoping that in a few years we will have 7-8 inches 32-34 pounds "all mountain all condition all type of rider ONE bike for everything" and I think the Rogue might well open the path to that kind of bike if they build it around 8 to 9 pounds including the shock.

Cheers.

Jii
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I completely understand your point BanzaiRider! My Joker weighs in at 37,5 lbs in its lightest configuration and 39 in the heavier mode. All I change is tubes and tires when I switch between trailriding and freeriding. I was actually thinking about building up a Rogue as my next do-it-all bike but I have to say that I am a little put off by the weight thing. I wouldn't like to have to go up to a minimum weight higher than the current. I really am not a weight weenie, I like my stuff to last and really need to depend on my components since I weigh around 220 lbs without gear. I like to have one bike that i can do 5-hour trailrides on one day and go bomb downhills the next. Ok, If I had more money I would definitely have two bikes, but at the moment I'm really satisfied with what I have.

mtbr member

The Path has one...it won't be there long.

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    When do we realistically think the ROGUE will be ready, will it really be March 06? Come on those in the know, spill the factual beans....................
    The Path Bike Shop in Tustin, CA has one for viewing. Expect to see these frames ship in Dec./Jan.

www.thepathbikeshop.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sold the Id; riding the Rogue, saving for an Evolve...I ride, I know.

mondo@thepathbikeshop.com

http://www.thepathbikeshop.com

trail fairy
    Nice to see some Rogues coming outta the new factory!

Whats with dudes putting that pooo brown fork on these sexy puppies!

I would have thought a nice Black Van 36 or 06 66 Light or RC2x would be the perfect match for this honey.

She sure looks sweet though! good to see emm

Wonder when my LBS will get one in?
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow quite nice and it looks like a light build also... amazing how sloped it looks and it's only a 160mm fork...

Quote Originally Posted by Id Rider
    The Path Bike Shop in Tustin, CA has one for viewing. Expect to see these frames ship in Dec./Jan.

www.thepathbikeshop.com

Members who have read this thread: 0