mtbr member

New question here. rear shock trashed?

I've got a 2002 Joker. This past summer I broke the swingarm, Ellsworth sent me a new one an 2005 so I had to get new bushings from Stratos, the rear shock, and the bushings are not exaclty right so I have to use a bolt with teflon tape around it. LAME-O!! I really need to get a new shock, my budget will be 250$, is this possible for something strong that can hold a 200 pounder at 6-8ft drops?
    I've been out of the loop for awhile in the mountain biking community so what ever knowledge you have to offer I'd be happy to hear.

mtbr member
    I've seen Fox Vanilla coils advertised for around that price, as well as Fox Floats. Both would work great for that bike, and there may be even better options if you do more research.
    Mike

Time is not a road.
    Yeah, I think you'll have some luck with that price range. Check out Romic, Fox and Manitou. Also look in the MTBR classifieds and Ebay. You should be able to find something that fits.

As far as bushings go, you can get new kits for Fox shocks on the Push Industries website (www.pushindustries.com).

Lastly, I'd recommend something with a bit of compression damping if you can find it (Romic Twin Tube, Pro Pedal and SPV). It'll help out with that high single pivot bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0