mtbr member

OK Tires for '02 Truth

Looking at the Continental Vertical Pro MTB tire for my '02 Truth. Is that tire too big for the chain stays? Also looking at the IRC Trail Bear 2.24. Basically looking for suggestions on tires that "safely" fit a '02 Truth rear.

Thanks!

Time is not a road.
    You might try the Kenda Nevegal DTC 2.1s. I've found them to be great for our type of trails - Hall, Heil, White, etc. They roll fast because of the hard center knobs, but grip well on turns because of the softer edges.

I can't tell you how they fit though. The Kenda 2.1s seem as wide as other's 2.3s. I have also enjoyed the IRC Mythos tires. They wear fast, but they're really cheap and they hook up well around CO. On some frame colors, the rust sidewalls look cool, too.

mtbr member
    I wish I was still in Colorado.... Thanks for the tip!

Time is not a road.
    Well, I'd still recommend both of those tires. They'll probably last longer now that you're off the "rocks". You might also consider something with some mud shedding qualities, like a Fire Pro XC or a Kenda Karma.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Good job! My pics..

Depends what terrain your riding.I've run specailized roll x race pros in dry packed condtions 2.0, low rolling resistance too and currently an awesome tire for mud/sand rocks roots. Again a pretty low rolling resistance the Maxxis Advantage 2.1's I run them front and rear and raced a few 24hr events to good success on them.Give them a look they're pretty good.

mtbr member
    I've ran the Vert Pro with no problems with clearance, but the knobs on the UST version have torn off on three and then I gave up. No problems with the tubed version, interestingly. Mike

mtbr member
    Cool. How do they work for you? I'm down in Hunstville, Its kinda of like Pisgah, but sub rocks for roots. Now that we're in the rainy season, the rocks can be a bit slippery. Looking for tires with good traction on them. Plus hoping for a longer life tire than a few monthes.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Worked great with tubes, did slip a little bit on the wet stuff as it's a pretty hard rubber compound- but that also made them seem to be pretty durable.

FYI, the best combination of durability vs. "gription" that I've found is WTB tires. The DNA compound is pretty grippy but lasts a while. Mike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Worked great with tubes, did slip a little bit on the wet stuff as it's a pretty hard rubber compound- but that also made them seem to be pretty durable.

FYI, the best combination of durability vs. "gription" that I've found is WTB tires. The DNA compound is pretty grippy but lasts a while. Mike
    Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0