mtbr member
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... New releases... 2006 Truth & Moment

Does anyone have an idea when the '06 Truth & Moment will be released? There has to be someone out there who is in the know!!!!

Spill, please

The Dude Abides

Not Too Long

I was told at Interbike that the '06 Moments would be ready by the end of March. I am definately not a reliable source, thats just what I was told. As for the Truth, no idea.

Time is not a road.
    Doesn't Competative Cyclist and The Path have the Truth listed on their websites? Or would one have to wait if they ordered one?

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by UP Dude
    I was told at Interbike that the '06 Moments would be ready by the end of March. I am definately not a reliable source, thats just what I was told. As for the Truth, no idea.
    I wonder if the backlog on Epiphanies is going to affect that. How do I know there's a backlog..? Hopefully I'll be able to tell the Paul Harvey bit soon.

UP Dude, I just got the UP part after looking at your profile. So you're a yooper, eh? I was a troll for a few years (that's what they were calling people who lived below the bridge back then anyway). I had a mountain bike, but never took it to the UP when I came up to visit. I bet there's some pretty riding there in the summer and fall.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Leash Law Enforcer
    Maybe they have not sold out of their 05 inventory and have to move that first. Just a thought. They certainly won't be building up any 06s until they have gotten rid of the 05s. So, maybe they still have 05s sitting around.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    I How do I know there's a backlog..? Hopefully I'll be able to tell the Paul Harvey bit soon.
    So...what color did you order? Personal use or for the wife or kids? Did you see the 24.5lb builds on that frame. Sick!
    Nothing to see here.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    So...what color did you order? Personal use or for the wife or kids? Did you see the 24.5lb builds on that frame. Sick!
    All in due time, my little jaundiced smurf, all in due time. The wheels are built, though.

Theoretically speaking if I built one it wouldn't be quite that light, but quite light nonetheless.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

My cup runneth over
    All in due time, my little jaundiced smurf, all in due time. The wheels are built, though.

Theoretically speaking if I built one it wouldn't be quite that light, but quite light nonetheless.
    BTWB - you're gonna have a pretty sick quiver.

Time is not a road.
    I'd like to see some Epiphanys in a heavier build, though, too. This bike is beggin' for a Pike and some 2.35s, maybe a DHX or Avy. It only has 3/4 less travel than a Moment! I understand the frame is different, but geez, the Epiphany is a trail monster waiting to be unleashed.
    Last edited by chad1433; 01-25-2006 at 08:14 AM.

The Dude Abides

Say yah to da' UP, eh?

I wonder if the backlog on Epiphanies is going to affect that. How do I know there's a backlog..? Hopefully I'll be able to tell the Paul Harvey bit soon.

UP Dude, I just got the UP part after looking at your profile. So you're a yooper, eh? I was a troll for a few years (that's what they were calling people who lived below the bridge back then anyway). I had a mountain bike, but never took it to the UP when I came up to visit. I bet there's some pretty riding there in the summer and fall.

The trolls are still trolls, and we still keep a watchful eye on them when they come North.
    The riding up here is probably some of the best you'll find in the Midwest. Well, at least its not your normal flat, smooth Midwest riding. We have hills, rocks, roots and "real" technical trails. We like to make the analogy that the Keweenaw (the northern-most point of the UP) is just like BC, except with 600 foot hills instead of 6000 foot hills. I should say that the western UP is like that, the Eastern UP kinda sucks, more like the rest of the Midwest. If you ever get the chance to come back this way, make a point to ride in Copper Harbor. Its the furthest north you can go in da' UP (Isle Royale aside), but it is well worth the trip. Otherwise, Houghton and Marquette are your two other hot spots.

Ride On!

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by UP Dude
    The trolls are still trolls, and we still keep a watchful eye on them when they come North.
    The riding up here is probably some of the best you'll find in the Midwest. Well, at least its not your normal flat, smooth Midwest riding. We have hills, rocks, roots and "real" technical trails. We like to make the analogy that the Keweenaw (the northern-most point of the UP) is just like BC, except with 600 foot hills instead of 6000 foot hills. I should say that the western UP is like that, the Eastern UP kinda sucks, more like the rest of the Midwest. If you ever get the chance to come back this way, make a point to ride in Copper Harbor. Its the furthest north you can go in da' UP (Isle Royale aside), but it is well worth the trip. Otherwise, Houghton and Marquette are your two other hot spots.

Ride On!
    I remember Copper Harbor. On the drive up, I was thinking "I've got to buy a Miata and come back and drive this road. I bought the Miata, I've just never gone back. Maybe some day.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Small World. I went to school at Michigan Tech. Didn't have a bike then. Few of us go back and rie in the UP. We do Bruno's run and a few other trails.

Way OT.

mtbr member
    There's nothing finer than taking the ferry out to Grand Isle and taking your time poking aroung the island, camping on the beach at night by yourself with Lake Superior to the front and hundred foot cliffs behind you. Da UP is great.
    Mike (former Michigander).

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Yep just did that last summer. Grand Isle is such a few loop. Nothing technical but spectacular views.

Members who have read this thread: 0