Thread: New Baby

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

... and if we just ... New Baby

The Epiphanies seem to be getting a ll the attention on this forum so I thought it was bout time I posted a few pictures of my Moment. I've been trying to post these for a few weeks now, but had experienced a few problems re-sizing the files to get them small enough to post. BTW sorry about the quality of the pics, they were taken on my camera phone.

I've only got in about 150 miles so far on the bike and a lot of that has been on terrain far too sedate to excite the Moment, but even so, I've been absolutely blown away by the ride. I'd like to thank all those on this forum who chipped in with buying advice. Having tested myself a Giant Reign, Orange Five, Yeti 575 and Scott Genuis and coming from a GT Idrive, i have no doubts that I made the right decision. This bike in my opinion out performs all of the above with ease.

So far I've found the Moment to pedal with supreme efficiency. There is no appreciable pedal bob, even with the pro-pedal turned right down. Climbing is superb, especially on rough terrain, where the bike can be just straight lined through anything, the rear end just seems to keep traction whatever the terrain and I can now just straight line up rock steps, the suspension even seems to give you a littel surge as it crests them. Descending has been phenomenal, I can honestly say that I have never gone through rock gardens so quickly and with so much composure. Descending through a field of baby heads and deep ruts with a few drops off thrown in, I could let the bike go completely and have utter confidence that I wasnt out of control. I have not even approached the limits of this bike yet and cannot wait to test myself and the bike even more.

I havent had the bike on a scale yet, but reckon she weighs in at about 29.5 pounds, although Im pretty happy with the build, im planning to upgrade the front rotor to a 203mm hope floating, convert the tires to tubeless with stans and change the pedals crank brothers Candy SL's. With those upgrades I reckon the final weight will be about 28.5 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time is not a road.
    Sweet ride, man, I'm digging my Moment, too. It's such a solid ride...

Nice pics, too. You must have a good camera on that phone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    That's a pretty light build, mine comes out at 31.5. Nice!

Trail rider and racer
    Thats one sweet build. Congrats!
    Trev!

Members who have read this thread: 0