Rolling

My Id's new chainstay in action this weekend

......post moab:

sock puppet

holly scheissdrek...

winter stay away... go to moab and stay there...

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ......post moab:

Time is not a road.
    Winter comes early here in the mountains!

Is that in Boulder or at one of the passes? By the time I got up this morning, they already had 18" in Breck and still falling...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If that was a 5-Spot, the snow would have melted off!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Woo Hoo

......post moab:

Looks like I need to break my skis out and start tuning them!

Rolling

...something a wee bit warmer...

In Moab!

Leash Law Enforcer
    Nice pics! Post some more of those action shots. I used to live on the front range. Live in San Diego now. Believe it or not, I actually miss the front range and would prefer to live there; snow, cold temps and all. The great thing about San Diego though is that you can ride year round (generally speaking), the trails just aren't nearly as good (with the exception of Noble Canyon). Looks like it may be time to start breaking out the boards and skis in CO!

sock puppet

photochop...

In Moab!

we all know you cant do that...

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    we all know you cant do that...

It appears you are joking but that really does look PhotoShopped. He's getting air in the wrong spot...and where is he coming from?
    "Do not touch the trim"

trail fairy

Holy cow Batman

Yowser dude just a tiny bit of snow there, miss that up in the tropics we used to get snow like that at home! Except we went snowboarding..

yes as to the other photo wheres the shadow sun looks high and bright ummm nice though..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    It appears you are joking but that really does look PhotoShopped. He's getting air in the wrong spot...and where is he coming from?
    I'm a vampire man! That's why I ride a goth Id.

The shadow is subtle due to light cirrus cloud at that moment. The lip is the edge if you are to dra a line from the bottom of my rear derailleur horizontally. Moab rock always makes the fall lines look odd but makes cool photos.

Funny how everyone analyzes the heck out of photos.

Here is the same spot from against the wall with full shadow.

Rolling

And the Id Climbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Really Nice Pics. Who says you can't jump an ID.

I'll be down there this weekend for the 24hrs. It's supposed to be sunny, highs in the mid 70's lows in the low 40's. Would much rather be going down for some slickrock playin, but I commited to doing the ride. 24 hrs on one jeep trail with 1500 other idiots who actually are racing isn't exactly my ideal ride. Oh well, at least my 30lb 6" travel ID will be plush all 24 hrs My laps may be really long as I'm hunting for slickrock to play on. I guess it's really about the party anyways

So what were your riding impressions of the new stay? Are all the pivots still in the exact same places? I'd guess it's a bit shorter than the old stay from what you posted earlier.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    Really Nice Pics. Who says you can't jump an ID.

I'll be down there this weekend for the 24hrs. It's supposed to be sunny, highs in the mid 70's lows in the low 40's. Would much rather be going down for some slickrock playin, but I commited to doing the ride. 24 hrs on one jeep trail with 1500 other idiots who actually are racing isn't exactly my ideal ride. Oh well, at least my 30lb 6" travel ID will be plush all 24 hrs My laps may be really long as I'm hunting for slickrock to play on. I guess it's really about the party anyways

So what were your riding impressions of the new stay? Are all the pivots still in the exact same places? I'd guess it's a bit shorter than the old stay from what you posted earlier.
    Id's can't jump???? I kept up with this guy Bob on his bullet riding down the major chop on porc (the right line as we passed all the mobs on the smoother left line) at high speed. If it was going to break, it would have there. The other rider, Bert was riding a Turner 6-pack and we stuck together.

The stay is not shorter. Its the same length as the old stay but the wheel base on the Moment and Epiphany is longer due to the drop-out being a little farther back on the rear end seat stay assembly.

Overall the stay rode fine. The only issue was some sand getting gunked up in that little gap so I will need one of the newer designed productions ones when they roll off the line.

Have a good time at the race. Make sure you get a daylight lap in or preride the course cuz some of those sand pits can get ya as you are crusing hardpack at 20+ mph in the dark!
    Last edited by lidarman; 10-12-2005 at 08:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    No wonder people question the Moab pictures...they are too perfect!

I love that frozen id picture. Can't believe it's ski season already.

Members who have read this thread: 0