mtbr member

Moments have landed

Here's some quick pix. This guy is a little portly at 8 pounds but oh so solid. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

chrisd@wrenchscience.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rolling
    WOW, That is so purty!

Hey, get out a tape measure, and post the width of the widest point of the tire clearance on the chainstay.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    RIGHTON
    looks soooooo sweet, can't wait to build up my buddys and take it for a "ride"
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

tire clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    WOW, That is so purty!

Hey, get out a tape measure, and post the width of the widest point of the tire clearance on the chainstay.

I'm also interested in the tire clearance on the chainstay, can you please post and also give us your thoughts on clearance compared to the ID and Truth chain stays.

thanks!!

sock puppet

beautifull... bad ass colour too...

have fun with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WSChris
    Here's some quick pix. This guy is a little portly at 8 pounds but oh so solid. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

chrisd@wrenchscience.com

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrr
    I'm also interested in the tire clearance on the chainstay, can you please post and also give us your thoughts on clearance compared to the ID and Truth chain stays.

thanks!!
    From the pic, it looks like I could use my Id chainstay! Can't tell any difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    what size is that Chris?
    8lbs? thought they weighed less than that.

Where's the chair lift?

... and if we just ... Moments Arrive in Houston! We got ours, too!! :)

Wow!!

We got our Moment frames in our shop too!! I hear this is the 1st batch out! So, if you live in Houston,TX and wanna check them out look us up on the Ellsworth website under dealers! Stop in and check them out! Ask for Mark, Leo or Bob. Or drop me a e-mail!

They are sweet frames!! We got our with Fox AVA and Romic shocks for the 1st batch. Weight will depend on what shocks you go with. They ride nice!! Hope, everyone who gets one enjoys them!! Let us see them when you get them built up!! Happy Riding All!! Have a nice weekend!!

Ellsman1
    04 Dare / 888R w/Lowrider Crowns!
    03 Id / Z1 Freeride

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Well its been 2 days WSChris since you posted this topic.Questions are here for you and more to come.So come on tell us about it.

meh....
    An 8 lb XC/AM frame?

Wow, I wish I could pedal something like that for 40+ miles and 3-6 thousand feet of climbing.

Though, I do like the geometry and travel.
    Monte

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hmmm

Strange
    In all of the magazine test reviews of the Moment the weight of the complete bikes have been under 30lbs.

The Mountain Bike Action bike was 28lbs with a Romic D.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnee Ragdoll
    Strange
    In all of the magazine test reviews of the Moment the weight of the complete bikes have been under 30lbs.

The Mountain Bike Action bike was 28lbs with a Romic D.
    MBA=fiction
    i dont want to take the time to describe all the bogus weights that have been in there over the years. There's only two possibilities if you consider that weight though, either it weighs EXACTLY the same as the Id, or it weighs a little more and MBA is full of it, based on the wild-weights that mba has printed before, I'd guess that they are just BSing it. For a trail bike to be 28lbs it takes a lot, even with an Id, it's easily possible iwth the right parts, but it's going to be serious cash and "top of the line" stuff, XTR, XTR discs, etc...
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't see how at 8 lbs this frame is going to be any beefier than an ID. An ID comes in around 7.5, and I'm sure most of the extra weight for the Moment is in that huge swingarm.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    MBA=fiction
    i dont want to take the time to describe all the bogus weights that have been in there over the years. There's only two possibilities if you consider that weight though, either it weighs EXACTLY the same as the Id, or it weighs a little more and MBA is full of it, based on the wild-weights that mba has printed before, I'd guess that they are just BSing it. For a trail bike to be 28lbs it takes a lot, even with an Id, it's easily possible iwth the right parts, but it's going to be serious cash and "top of the line" stuff, XTR, XTR discs, etc...
    Mondo came on here with the actual weights compared to the ID awhile back. I think he said the Moment was around 6.5lbs w/o shock and that was slightly heavier than the ID. I looked at the old threads, but didn't see it-maybe someone can do a search.

Lay off the Levers
    MBA=fiction
    Some quck thoughts:

If I'm not mixing up my reviews, MBA was pretty clear about the fact they were using a pre-prodution (prototype) bike and that the end product could would change. (MBUK also had a review on the Moment too) So I can see where they might get different weights.

As for it being only 0.5lbs heavier than the Id...well a half pound of Al can go a LOOOONG way in improving a frame's strength when placed intellengently. I have no idea what contributes to the additional weight of the moment, clearly the rockers are bigger but not by half a pound.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see some real numbers posted by some shops and owners to see what the actual weigh is. What it does for the bike can only be determined by long term field results. Still it looks promising that EW appears to have gone for strength over weight...for a change . But then that depends on what market they are shooting for...I guess.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Some quck thoughts:

If I'm not mixing up my reviews, MBA was pretty clear about the fact they were using a pre-prodution (prototype) bike and that the end product could would change. (MBUK also had a review on the Moment too) So I can see where they might get different weights.

As for it being only 0.5lbs heavier than the Id...well a half pound of Al can go a LOOOONG way in improving a frame's strength when placed intellengently. I have no idea what contributes to the additional weight of the moment, clearly the rockers are bigger but not by half a pound.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see some real numbers posted by some shops and owners to see what the actual weigh is. What it does for the bike can only be determined by long term field results. Still it looks promising that EW appears to have gone for strength over weight...for a change . But then that depends on what market they are shooting for...I guess.
    Well i hope they have gone for strength rather than weight.
    If it is heavier than the ID it is a good thing in my view and many others i suspect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Another review from a British mag was What MTB,
    tested by Steve Worland i think.
    they gave the weight of 28lb aswell on a prototype without mud clearence which Ellsworth has fixed for UK conditions.

mtbr member

More info for ya......

Those first pix were the 19" size. Here are the weights for all:

small w/ Vanilla RC 7.25 lbs
    medium w/ Vanilla RC 7..4 lbs
    large w/ Vanilla RC 7.75 lbs

for the record, a medium Id w/ Romic in here weights 7.25 lbs

I put a WTB Timberwolf 2.5" in there and it rubs right on the weld of the seatstay. That tire has some tall lugs on the outside so some 2.5"s might work. A WTB Motoraptor 2.4" fits fine with some room to spare. The first picture is the Timberwolf and the second and third are the motoraptor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Those first pix were the 19" size. Here are the weights for all:

small w/ Vanilla RC 7.25 lbs
    medium w/ Vanilla RC 7..4 lbs
    large w/ Vanilla RC 7.75 lbs

for the record, a medium Id w/ Romic in here weights 7.25 lbs

I put a WTB Timberwolf 2.5" in there and it rubs right on the weld of the seatstay. That tire has some tall lugs on the outside so some 2.5"s might work. A WTB Motoraptor 2.4" fits fine with some room to spare. The first picture is the Timberwolf and the second and third are the motoraptor.
    ah, so it's lighter than the ID....(the romic is significantly heavier than a vanilla RC)

that makes perfect sense.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Lay off the Levers
    ah, so it's lighter than the ID....(the romic is significantly heavier than a vanilla RC)

that makes perfect sense.
    Does it? MBA said the bike would be perfect for a day at Whistler as well as an all day epic. I've never been there I would think the big W leans towards heavier bikes. Of course MBA started off describing the Id as a light freeride bike too.

About the overall weight, whatever MBA did they built their test bike mighty light. Don't Ids average around 30lbs?

In any event, the Moment looks more than tought enough to be a helluva trail bike.

"Its All Good"
    It looks the ducks nuts to me, workmanship looks great. All I can say is I cant wait for my Ellsworth DARE. Have not seen one in New Zealand yet. Richards Bicycles sent me a photo, had me drooling I must say................ Role on mid June till I get to the States to pick it up...................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Does it? MBA said the bike would be perfect for a day at Whistler as well as an all day epic. I've never been there I would think the big W leans towards heavier bikes. Of course MBA started off describing the Id as a light freeride bike too.

About the overall weight, whatever MBA did they built their test bike mighty light. Don't Ids average around 30lbs?

In any event, the Moment looks more than tought enough to be a helluva trail bike.
    well something doesn't add up, if the Id weighs 7.25lbs with a heavier coil shock (the romic) the medium Moment frame is lighter than the Id at 7.4lbs that Chris weighed it at, because the fox vanilla RC is significantly lighter than a romic of the same size(diff is a little more than 100 grams for an equal eye-to-eye and stroke shock)..

I'd say that these numbers do not add up and that one of those numbers, either the Ids or the Moments, is way off.

Lay off the Levers
    well something doesn't add up, if the Id weighs 7.25lbs with a heavier coil shock (the romic) the medium Moment frame is lighter than the Id at 7.4lbs that Chris weighed it at, because the fox vanilla RC is significantly lighter than a romic of the same size(diff is a little more than 100 grams for an equal eye-to-eye and stroke shock)..

I'd say that these numbers do not add up and that one of those numbers, either the Ids or the Moments, is way off.
    I thought your previous post was sarcasim, I wasn't sure. The Id's weights seem right. I've seen similar numbers posted by others who weighed their frames (at least one was from a shop). If I recall a large 5 Spot weighs about 7.2 lbs with a Romic, a large Id is two or three hairs more. Now the Moment seems like a stout-er bike than the Id and I would expect it to weigh more but OTOH the Yeti 575 is lighter...so I have no idea where this is going.

Really all this means nothing until we get a few different sources posting weights. We all know MBA can really screw up a scale. Rember the VP Free review?

This leaves me with a couple of pointless speculative questions:
    -If it's nearly the same weight as the Id, and the Id has the California geometry option, how does one choose betweent the two?
    -If the Moment is 8 pounds, where would it stand with freeride bikes like the Saber, VP Free, Dare and such? Where would it stand with lighter trail bikes like the Id, X5, 575, and 5 Spot?

The bike is sitting pretty, I'm just wondering where it sits. MBA was careful not to call it an XC FR or Trailbike, so they were no help in that respect. I could see calling it a light FR bike, that actually seems like it would hit an area where a lot of trail riders go...an occasional dabble in the scary stuff but not stupid scary...but how does the mfgr set useage limits...where does the abuse line fall? Light FR is a sweet spot but it opens up a can O'worms.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 05-31-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    I thought your previous post was sarcasim, I wasn't sure. The Id's weights seem right. I've seen similar numbers posted by others who weighed their frames (at least one was from a shop). If I recall a large 5 Spot weighs about 7.2 lbs with a Romic, a large Id is two or three hairs more. Now the Moment seems like a stout-er bike than the Id and I would expect it to weigh more but OTOH the Yeti 575 is lighter...so I have no idea where this is going.

Really all this means nothing until we get a few different sources posting weights. We all know MBA can really screw up a scale. Rember the VP Free review?

This leaves me with a couple of pointless speculative questions:
    -If it's nearly the same weight as the Id, and the Id has the California geometry option, how does one choose betweent the two?
    -If the Moment is 8 pounds, where would it stand with freeride bikes like the Saber, VP Free, Dare and such? Where would it stand with lighter trail bikes like the Id, X5, 575, and 5 Spot?

The bike is sitting pretty, I'm just wondering where it sits. MBA was careful not to call it an XC FR or Trailbike, so they were no help in that respect. I could see calling it a light FR bike, that actually seems like it would hit an area where a lot of trail riders go...an occasional dabble in the scary stuff but not stupid scary...but how does the mfgr set useage limits...where does the abuse line fall? Light FR is a sweet spot but it opens up a can O'worms.
    I was talking mainly about the weights that were posted by the guy that claimed to have weighed them, that was what didn't make sense....I have no expectation of MBA making sense, that's for sure.

Lucky for you, I have my saber frame sitting here stripped....well i dont have a scale, but i might be able to weight it sometime soon, although go-ride was pretty adament it did indeed weigh 8.2lbs.

mtbr member

According to these guys the Fox is actually heavier than the Romic
    http://weightweenies.starbike.com/li...ype=rearshocks

Jm.
    mtbr member
    no its not, for a similer shock length, the romic is about 100 grams heavier, you have to look at the eye to eye AND the stroke length.

Lay off the Levers
    I was talking mainly about the weights that were posted by the guy that claimed to have weighed them, that was what didn't make sense....I have no expectation of MBA making sense, that's for sure.

Lucky for you, I have my saber frame sitting here stripped....well i dont have a scale, but i might be able to weight it sometime soon, although go-ride was pretty adament it did indeed weigh 8.2lbs.
    Yeah I get ya. WS seems like a bunch of great guys. I did however find their bike builder price/build quote off by 4.5 lbs vs. my bike's actual weight. WS explained in one of the forums that their system uses the mfgr specs so I can see where things can get optomistic...but -4.5 lbs is mighty rosy. That's why I was saying we need to wait for a few different sources.

We need an Azonic forum...I'd like to read more rider input on their Saber and their XC bike.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 06-01-2004 at 06:19 AM.

mtbr member
    no its not, for a similer shock length, the romic is about 100 grams heavier, you have to look at the eye to eye AND the stroke length.
    Actually the size of the spring has more affect on the final weight then 1" difference in shock length. the 700# and 800# springs are pretty big on the Romic as for the fox???
    But I do see where you have a point with the two examples on that data sheet.
    Oh well It was worth a shot. Oh yeah by the way where did you get the 100 gram difference info?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    . Oh yeah by the way where did you get the 100 gram difference info?

I got both of those shocks

rr
    I don't do PC
    Here is what Mondo posted awhile back-

Moment 15" = 5.77lbs
    Moment 17" = 6.04lbs
    Moment 19" = 6.17lbs

Id 15" = 5.29lbs
    Id 17" = 5.46lbs
    Id 19" = 5.55lbs

This is without shocks.

Thanks - mondo

Lay off the Levers
    Speculating...
    a 7.5" i2i Romic w/550# spring with bushings weighs 702g = 1.547 lbs
    Moment 15" = 5.77lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 7.32 lbs
    Moment 17" = 6.04lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 7.59 lbs
    Moment 19" = 6.17lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 7.72 lbs
    Id 15" = 5.29lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 6.84 lbs
    Id 17" = 5.46lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 7.01 lbs
    Id 19" = 5.55lbs + 1.55lb Romic = 7.10 lbs

*Note the above Romic weight was a 7.5" i2i which is a shorter shock body, spring length, and smaller bushings than what's stock on an EW so it's significantly lighter. This could put the actual weight of a 19" moment a fair bit heavier than the Fox equipped 7.75lbs posted earlier. I make a conservative guess of 7.95 or 8.0 lbs based on Mondo's numbers, which were quoted before production frames shipped, and could have since changed.

I guess this all means very little until we get some other folks weight results.

mtbr member

Hi guys.

I'm not sure why there is so much doubt about the weights of these frames. I have all 4 said frames in stock. I pick up a frame and hang it on the scale. I read the dial. Pretty simple process. Granted this scale may not be 100% accurate but it's within roughly 1/10th of a pound and all the frames are weighted on the same scale. Any questions?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    I'm not sure why there is so much doubt about the weights of these frames. I have all 4 said frames in stock. I pick up a frame and hang it on the scale. I read the dial. Pretty simple process. Granted this scale may not be 100% accurate but it's within roughly 1/10th of a pound and all the frames are weighted on the same scale. Any questions?
    Well, if your numbers are correct, it only means that the moment is slightly lighter than the Id. That's what the numbers say.

mtbr member

More data for ya

17 moment frame without shock weights 6.1 pounds
    17 id frame w/o shock weights 5.6 pounds

That is removing the shock, bushings and bolts. That means..........
    Vanilla RC with hardware is 1.65lbs
    Romic with hardware is 1.65lbs

Jah.

I just edited this.
    Last edited by WrenchScience; 06-01-2004 at 02:17 PM. Reason: WRONG INFO ON VANILLA RC WEIGHT

Lay off the Levers

New question here.

Well, if your numbers are correct, it only means that the moment is slightly lighter than the Id. That's what the numbers say.
    I don't follow...it looks like it's half a pound heavier no?

Moment 17" = 6.10lbs + 1.65lb Romic = 7.82 lbs
    Id 17" = 5.60lbs + 1.65lb Romic = 7.25 lbs - If I remember this isn't too far off what others have posted.
    Diff = 0.5 lbs

or more simply 6.1Moment - 5.6 Id = 0.5 lbs diff.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    I don't follow...it looks like it's half a pound heavier no?

Moment 17" = 6.10lbs + 1.65lb Romic = 7.82 lbs
    Id 17" = 5.60lbs + 1.65lb Romic = 7.25 lbs - If I remember this isn't too far off what others have posted.
    Diff = 0.5 lbs

or more simply 6.1Moment - 5.6 Id = 0.5 lbs diff.
    No, once again, chris said he weighed a medium moment at 7.4lbs, and a medium Id at 7.25lbs, since the Id had a signficantly heavier shock, they either weigh exactly the same, or the moment is slightly lighter, buy the numbers that chris posted.

I don't think these weights are quite right, but if he's going to say they are...well, it makes the moment the exact same weight or slightly lighter, for the same seize bike.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Blinded me with Science

Chris at Wrench Science deserves big thanks for his help and postings here.
    Those Wrench Science boys are on it, assets to our biking community.

The MOMENT frame is indeed 0.5 lbs heavier than an Id.
    (Size medium, no shocks, and no hardware)

Hey itís also important to note the Chainstay length is longer on the Moment compared to the Id.
    This places the wheel further back in the chainstay allowing for more mud/tire clearance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Where's the beef?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsworth Bicycles
    Chris at Wrench Science deserves big thanks for his help and postings here.
    Those Wrench Science boys are on it, assets to our biking community.

The MOMENT frame is indeed 0.5 lbs heavier than an Id.
    (Size medium, no shocks, and no hardware)

Hey itís also important to note the Chainstay length is longer on the Moment compared to the Id.
    This places the wheel further back in the chainstay allowing for more mud/tire clearance.
    So we have established that the frame is a half pound heavier. Cool. Obviously some of that weight is in the rocker, and probably miniscule amounts in the ST gusset and the extra wheelbase, so where is the rest of it? Slightly beefier tubing? Thicker HT? Reinforced ST? What makes this frame stronger than an ID? Looks awesome, BTW. The black anno rear end is slick!

Not a Barry supporter.
    No, once again, chris said he weighed a medium moment at 7.4lbs, and a medium Id at 7.25lbs, since the Id had a signficantly heavier shock, they either weigh exactly the same, or the moment is slightly lighter, buy the numbers that chris posted.

I don't think these weights are quite right, but if he's going to say they are...well, it makes the moment the exact same weight or slightly lighter, for the same seize bike.

Who cares about 0.5 lb. I can't believe this thread is so long discussing 0.5 lb. If you're so worried about it, lose 0.5 lb on you body. Carry less water. Use different tires. Geesh, you make it sound as if the world is coming to an end over 0.5 lb. But then again, aren't you one of the guys always bashing EW anyway?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, but I don't think 0.5 a lb. deserves this much attention.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Rolling
    I'm sure the concern is back to the "exaggeration" or as some people put "lying" in the weight specs. Seems industry wide and can't pick on Tony for this exclusively.

If not, It's a no-win situation where your doomed for a bike breaking or doomed for one being too heavy.

However, there is that interesting thing of the Moment having a huge Rocker whereas the main breaks in the other Ellsworth bikes have been in the seat tube. So should the extra beefyness be put in the rocker?

Can't wait to see what happens.

"Its All Good"
    I know people have issues, but the just seems like a chat area to knock Ellsworth for a 6, it has not put me off getting a new 04 Dare,

Am sure every company has problems at one time or another..............

Surely it takes alot of bad energy to be constantly at them..............Maybe put this energy into your bike or girlfriend / partner..................

Dont want a war, just a thought..........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Lay off the Levers
    Crash, Waif,

I think you fellas misunderstood the conversation. I read it not as a complaint about the bike being half a pound too heavy...but rather people hoping they DID add material to the bike to make it even burlier that the Id. It might as well be somewhat different if they are going to keep both bikes. It would fill a nice niche between a true trailbike like the Id and a monster freeride bike like the Dare. I see the extra weight as a GOOD thing.

Lidarman, I think the seat tube thing was on the pre-'04 Truths. AFAIK I haven't read about such a thing occuring on the Ids.

I can understand why folks are concerned about the EW bashing but I don't think that was the case here.

The Ancient One
    It might as well be somewhat different if they are going to keep both bikes.
    I predict they will drop the Id. You heard if from me first. I have no inside information.

not so super...
    Crash, Waif,

I think you fellas misunderstood the conversation. I read it not as a complaint about the bike being half a pound too heavy...but rather people hoping they DID add material to the bike to make it even burlier that the Id. It might as well be somewhat different if they are going to keep both bikes. It would fill a nice niche between a true trailbike like the Id and a monster freeride bike like the Dare. I see the extra weight as a GOOD thing.

Lidarman, I think the seat tube thing was on the pre-'04 Truths. AFAIK I haven't read about such a thing occuring on the Ids.

I can understand why folks are concerned about the EW bashing but I don't think that was the case here.
    FWIW - The weight seems to be in line with other 6" trail bikes out there, ie Foes FXR is listed at 6.8 w/o shock. The Ells web site states the weights as follows ( i'm assuming this is sans shock and hardware)

15" = 6.52
    17" = 6.78
    19" = 6.92

This is over the weights listed by WSchris.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=273 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=44>
    </TD><TD width=44>
    </TD><TD width=44>
    </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD height=16> </TD><TD width=121>
    </TD><TD>
    </TD><TD>
    </TD><TD>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I agree with you Bikezilla no one is slating Ellsworth on this subject here were just intrested in the Moment.
    Hopefully to find out where the extra weight has gone on the frame to make it a more sturdy construction than the Truth and ID etc..

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Wink

The Moments have landed in the UK now.So hopefully ill have mine in a week or so depending how fast Freeborn build the custom builds up.

No posts for a while now on this subject its gone dead

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Blower
    The Moments have landed in the UK now.So hopefully ill have mine in a week or so depending how fast Freeborn build the custom builds up.

Nope, we're just waiting on you bro...y'know you gotta post pix and as much ride info as possible. I suspect you'll be the first.

Cheers, and congrats!

Rides like wrecking ball
    ...since the Id had a signficantly heavier shock...
    Time for me to weigh in, pun intended.

My Romic and Vanilla RC, both 7.5x2.0 both 650# springs both with hardware weigh pretty much the same, on a postal scale. I'll give you 1/16th pound difference, as that's what I remember. Combine that with WSChris's numbers and you would appear to have the incorrect, inaccurate or just unordinary info as to shock weights. So now you've lost a key piece of your argument.

That is removing the shock, bushings and bolts. That means..........
    Vanilla RC with hardware is 1.65lbs
    Romic with hardware is 1.65lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

Jm.
    mtbr member
    yes.

he said the medium id with romic weighed 7.25lbs
    he said the medium moment with fox vanilla weighed 7.4lbs

Thats a .15lb difference (not half a pound). If we look at that 1/16th difference in shocks then the difference between both bikes is only 0.087lbs.

To sum it up, the numbers still don't make any sense, sorry.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nope, we're just waiting on you bro...y'know you gotta post pix and as much ride info as possible. I suspect you'll be the first.

Cheers, and congrats!
    Yeah ill do my best,but im no good on the techno side.

Rides like wrecking ball
    yes.
    To sum it up, the numbers still don't make any sense, sorry.
    Next you'll be arguing the decimal places of the weld material variance in the frames. The difference between 0.15 and 0.5 pounds is NOTHING on the trail. Maybe someone forgot a seatpost clamp on one bike, or some packing material, whoopdittydoo!

Just go ride your non-Ellsworth bike and be done with it. Nobody really cares. It gets very tiresome when you micro-analize things. Seriously, can't you go watch a bike video or take a nap or twiddle your thumbs when you get this bored?
    Last edited by Bulldog; 06-06-2004 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    . Nobody really cares.
    not true

somebody replys = somebody cares

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

geometry?

Chris...can you measure and post some key geomtry dimensions (TT, BB, WB, HA, SA). Not for nothing, but the claimed dimensions were so far from accurate on the ID I need an objective take before taking the plunge.

not so super...
    Yeah ill do my best,but im no good on the techno side.
    My dealer told me yesterday that he is expecting mine in 2 weeks. That means I should expect it in 4 weeks factoring in delays and shipping time.

Those of you who have one on order, what rear shock did you spec? I ordered the Romic but wish the Fox DHX was available. Has anyone evr tried a 5th Element coil or Swinger coil on similar bikes (ID) ? Is it any better, same or worse?
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    My dealer told me yesterday that he is expecting mine in 2 weeks. That means I should expect it in 4 weeks factoring in delays and shipping time.

Those of you who have one on order, what rear shock did you spec? I ordered the Romic but wish the Fox DHX was available. Has anyone evr tried a 5th Element coil or Swinger coil on similar bikes (ID) ? Is it any better, same or worse?
    Talas rear.
    Yeah i wish it was available too,half way thru 05 already.
    Anyway picking my Moment up tomorrow in 12 hoursish.

mtbr member

It's been a long journey. I have ordered a moment, cancelled a moment and now have one on order again. It will be ready from freeborn in two weeks. Bring it on!!!!

mtbr member

Moment specs and numbers

I have one being built up early next week and I will attack it with the tape measure and post the results.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    It's been a long journey. I have ordered a moment, cancelled a moment and now have one on order again. It will be ready from freeborn in two weeks. Bring it on!!!!
    Lmao Stuss you got one in the end then.

Just got mine at home right now
    Dont know how to put pics on here yet.Any on Know how?

Lay off the Levers

How to post a pic...

...Just got mine at home right now
    Congrats!

To post a picture or several pictures, click on the "upload photos" link at the top of the page. Upload your pic by browsing to your local drive. Make sure the picture is no larger than 200KB...if your pics are larger use whatever photo editior to scale down the picture size and/or increase the jpeg compression (slight reduction in photo quality)

When the upload is complete copy the url the window returns.
    example:
    htp://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/blowers_moment.jpg
    (note I deleted one "t" from "http" only to keep this from linking)

Then put that line between the two delimiters: [_img]picture url goes here[_/img]
    (note: remove the underline "_" between the bracket and each "img")

sounds complex but actually it's simple. if you want to practice first, go Here.

And remember we want specs! weight, measurements, impressions, details, details, details!

mtbr member
    Lmao Stuss you got one in the end then.

Just got mine at home right now

Hurry up with the picture - suspense is terrible!

Lay off the Levers
    Hurry up with the picture - suspense is terrible!
    Yeah dude, it's been like fifteen minuets already! You CAN'T have anything more important to do!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Bloody complicated for a geezer who's useless with pc,s.
    Foook knows how to do it.-

mtbr member

keep trying ffsake!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Send it you Stuss and you can display it.

mtbr member
    Send it you Stuss and you can display it.
    Can't pick up my e-mail at home. Try sending it to Bikezilla, he seems to be on the ball with this stuff

Lay off the Levers
    Can't pick up my e-mail at home. Try sending it to Bikezilla, he seems to be on the ball with this stuff
    Gaaah!

I gotta step away to attend some things...I won't likely get to it until much later. Just be sure to let me know when you send it...my spam filter can be a little agressive.

Give it a try. Upload a <200KB pic cut and paste the URL like explained above. It's not hard provided you know how to get the pic size down to the 200KB max.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Gaaah!

I gotta step away to attend some things...I won't likely get to it until much later. Just be sure to let me know when you send it...my spam filter can be a little agressive.

Give it a try. Upload a <200KB pic cut and paste the URL like explained above. It's not hard provided you know how to get the pic size down to the 200KB max.

Good man - you know it makes sense!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Gaaah!

Dunno how to get the pic size down?

not so super...

... and if we just ... Send them here...

I'll post them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sshively at smartdocsolutions dot net
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    Dunno how to get the pic size down?
    If you can't get to SS, use the "Send user email" option after you click on my avatar.

BTW most cameras come with some kind of basic picture processing software. If you installed it. Usually there is something that allows you to reduce the size of the photo...not the size of what is displayed, but the size of what is saved...ahhh nevermind send me the photo