Thread: Moment size?

Clownhiller

Moment size?

Guys and Gals I apologise if this subject is covered elsewhere.
    Just need a little advice.

What Size Moment should I buy? I have recently aquired an Id but I cannot get on with the Stand over or with the Tall BB Height.I might point out here that I dont want to start a debate over the merits of the high BB,because going up I love it. Coming down I feel all over the place. Anyhoo I am 5ft 7" with an inseam of about 31 and long arms(I know makes me sound like a spider monkey!) I ran the Id in medium and before that a Cove Stiffee in medium also.Top tube lengths of 23.5 and 23 respectively. The ID feels shorter as the head angle is tighter than than the stiffee. I was running a 70mm stem on both.
    My question is should I go for the Small Moment or go with the Ellsworths website recs and go for the medium.?
    Cheers.

I can see my house from here..........Ouch!

Time is not a road.
    I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I test rode a small with a 100mm stem and it fit perfect. My bike at the time was a med Isis, which I thought was great. It seemed to fit very well, but somehow the small Moment was more controllable for me.

I just got a small last week. It's being built up now, so I have not ridden it, but I think the small was a good choice. If you need the extra room in the cockpit, the med might work better for you. Only by test riding can you tell for sure.
    Last edited by chad1433; 11-29-2005 at 08:17 AM.

not so super...
    Small. I am also 5'7" with a 31" true inseam ansd the small with a 90mm stem was perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I was struggling with the same issue a couple of months ago.

I'm 5' 7" with 29 inseam. I ended up with a small Moment with 90mm stem.

I demo'd a medium Moment w/ 90mm stem. Although it didn't feel too big overall the top tube seemed kinda long and made it a bit difficult to do a manual. It did give me more of a XC feel to the cockpit.

The cockpit of a small feels more manuverable for me but I do have to be more careful in not leaning over the bars. Due to the shorter top tube, I also had to go to a setback seatpost rather than zero setback Thomson that I normally use to gain a more comfortable position in the saddle.

There's not much difference in standover height between the small and medium Moment so just worry about the right top tube length.

Clownhiller
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I might go for the med but maybe go for a shorter stem if the 70mm doesnt work. Will let everyone know the outcome in a week or so.

Members who have read this thread: 0