mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Moment Maiden Voyage

Here's my new small Moment ala Ellsworth trade-in program. Took it on a maiden voyage at Idyllwild's Hurkey Creek loop.

It is a great bike! It handled well in the single tracks and was famously smooth on the descends and technical sections. The trail was not doing the bike justice. Now I understand why people rave over the DHX Air, it is a NICE shock! It made the 5" Psylo Race I have on the bike right now look bad. I migrated most of the old parts from the Truth I traded in but I will be upgrading the fork to a black 05 AM1 and putting 2.4 or 2.3 tires on to replace the 2.1 Spyder UST's. The bike weighs in at 27.9 lbs. right now but it'll be at 30 lbs. when I'm done due to the fork and heavier tires.

I kinda like the gold on blue but the fork's gotta go. I'll post more pictures when I finish the final build.

Many thanks to all with helping me on this bike!

trail fairy
    AM 1 130mm-150mm will be a nice balance to the DHX air and really pull out the personality of the Moment, you'll love it, enjoy!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Time is not a road.
    Did Larry give you an ETA on that fork? I need to bug him about it (I sent an e-mail last week but have not heard from him).

What price did he quote you?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Got the fork

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Did Larry give you an ETA on that fork? I need to bug him about it (I sent an e-mail last week but have not heard from him).

What price did he quote you?
    Chad, Ahi's got the fork, I think it came in last week. He just hasn't had time to install it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SprocketHead
    Chad, Ahi's got the fork, I think it came in last week. He just hasn't had time to install it.
    This is true. The all-black 05 AM1 has been sitting pretty in the garage!

Just got some extra spacers that I needed and will put it together soon. Can't wait, the Psylo Race I have on the Moment right now is lacking.

Time is not a road.
    Well, you got one of the last ones...black is no longer in stock for 2005. I think the 2006 models are avail. now. It seems that the huge prices of last year's forks (over $700) are gone and they're into the mid-$600 range.

Looks like that's what I'll have to get...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Check out All about Shocks

There was a post in there about Marz AM1's at Cambria, Jenson, and Pricepoint. The forks were pretty cheap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Chad, I know of someone that is selling his 2005 used Marz ZAM1 130-150mm fork in all black. ZAM1 is an AM1 with the lowers replaced by Z1. All 2005 AM1 features are intact. Z1 has 20mm thru axle dropouts though, I'm not sure if you're looking for that.

PM me with your email address if interested. Do it today if you are because I'll be out of town next week and won't really have access to the net.

Time is not a road.
    Thanks, but 20mm is not an option for me. I have a new set of pink hubs and to foresake those so early would land me in a world of hurt with the Mrs. Now if they made the pink in 20mm...

I've got time to keep digging. Thanks for the consideration though.

Members who have read this thread: 0