mtbr member

Moment- How hard do you ride yours?

Just curious... How hard to you push your Moment? Obviously nice technical stuff but what about drops, jumps, gaps, what size are we talking about.

Really wondering who has beat the crap out of theirs and how it's still holding up.
    Ellsworth Epiphany SST2 SRAM XO
    Trek Madone 6.9 SSL
    9:Zero:7 SRAM X7

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapkos13
    Just curious... How hard to you push your Moment? Obviously nice technical stuff but what about drops, jumps, gaps, what size are we talking about.

Really wondering who has beat the crap out of theirs and how it's still holding up.
    Are you expecting people to post that they're abusing their bikes? That would be truly stupid. Hopefully, if someone is abusing their bike .... they'll keep it to themselves.

Having said that, the Moment appears to be capable of significant jumps and drops. I've seen people go 4 feet to flat and about 8 feet to transition. I haven't heard about any failures.....yet.

mtbr member
    I just wanted people to tell me how they ride is all. If they are abusing their bikes it isn't any of my business. Why should anyone care? I'm not sure why it would be stupid unless there are "E Police" scanning these posts as we speak...

Trying to get a grasp of thier potential, that's all.
    Ellsworth Epiphany SST2 SRAM XO
    Trek Madone 6.9 SSL
    9:Zero:7 SRAM X7

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Five to flat on the trail, but I'm by no means the most confident of riders. I'm sure other have gone bigger.

Grant

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by fringe_dweller
    Five to flat on the trail, but I'm by no means the most confident of riders. I'm sure other have gone bigger.

Grant
    Check out the Turner and SoCal forums for pics of Ids, Moments, Spots and Packs being hucked.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    No harm meant....

Actually, I WAS referring to the "E" police. I remember a post being used by "E" to deny a warranty claim.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Actually, I WAS referring to the "E" police. I remember a post being used by "E" to deny a warranty claim.
    Therein lays the difference between EW's and Turner's CS! DT will replace a broken frame, free of charge, even if you use it beyond what it was designed for as evidenced by pics posted in the Turner forum.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Fairly well

I like to consider, myself a smooth rider, and so far so good,, I by no means abuse this thing as all bikes have their limit and this is not a 10” travel DH rig..

4.5 Feet to Transition every ride no problem and supper smooth

I ride mine on the local BMX Track and jump the doubles they are 15 feet across, but alas I am clearing them so the landing is super smooth and fast..

My problem is parts breaking from sticks 3 rear Der this year 

Members who have read this thread: 0