Moment chainstay / seatstay color- Mtbr.com
    MTB SOCAL

Moment chainstay / seatstay color

I noticed on the Ellsworth website that the Moment chainstays and seatstays were anodized to match the front triangle (ie blue chainstay/ seatstays on the blue Moment). But, all the pics I've seen posted show the Moments with black rear triangle, regardless of front triangle color. Does anyone know if I can get a Moment with matching rear and front traingles ( I like the ano blue). Thanks.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

Time is not a road.
    Good catch on that!

I've never seen it...and since they aren't doing shot peening anymore, you might be hard pressed to get matching stays on yours. That could be a pre-production bike. You might calls Ellsworth on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i heard from my lbs that the rear only comes in black or silver...something to do with the economy/cost of production. but hey, for the price i don't see why we can't get the desired color for our stays.. it's not like we're asking for fancy ott stuff, just a matching scheme like wat the OP wanted.

anyone remember 05's newly introduced custom color options? those 5 or 6 options like flame red, ti crystals etc glossy paint schemes that cost extra 500 bucks??!!! they're like not even anodized!.. . my pal was dying to get himself a red truth back then, so though 500 bucks is painful, he almost did it....untl lbs said the color will just be for the front triangle. rear will still be either black or silver. we were like: wat kinda 'custom' option is that? for 500?!?! i really question the logic in their pricing....well then again i'm no businessman.

i figure it doesn't make sense to disrupt an assembly line by throwing in fancy colors here and there, but isn't everything done in-house.. if they can do colored fronts why can't they do rears? and i saw this from this board, so wat gives??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time is not a road.
    "In-house" is new this year. Presumably, custom painting required the frames to be shipped somewhere else to be painted. Those design patterns seem pretty tedious.

Trek had/has a custom paint program, too. I'm not sure how much it was for the upgrade, but Ellsworth's $500 seems similar to Trek's pricing for the same type of custom paint designs.

Custom anodizing though seems like it would be a more viable option and cost far less.

Members who have read this thread: 0