Leash Law Enforcer

Moab Retreat Pics?

I'm sure that everyone is back by now. Anybody have any pics of the retreat? Don't hold out on us!

Rolling
    That would be interesting to see since I have never seen anyone post who went the retreat in the past. The only people I know who go from this board are maybe the Ellsworth folks themselves like Adlo or Paul.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Where do they announce it? On their site? I loved to go next year, if I could swing the vacation. Is it the same time every year?

Rolling
    It's an email invite around the same time every year.

Leash Law Enforcer
    Same time every year - beginning of November. They post a lot of pics on their website. However, I have never seen anyone post their own personal pics of the event. I'm sure that there is more than one person with a camera out there. There have got to be a gang load of good pics floating around out there.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    They post a lot of pics on their website.
    Thanks for inspriring me to look for them. I found them.

Leash Law Enforcer
    No response yet? There has to be somebody out there that went and got some pics. I wish I could have gone this year, but it wasn't in the cards. Come on guys (and gals) let's see the pics!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The retreat was awesome! Thanks to everyone who came. We should have a ton of pictures soon. We also shot a video and will be using the footage on our new website and on a CD that will come with every Ellsworth frame. Next year we are planning on expanding the retreats to 3 or 4. We will still do the weekend in Moab but will add a few extended retreats, fully supported by Escape Adventures, in various mountain bike meccas around the U.S.
    Hope to see some of you guys there

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by pecusick
    Next year we are planning on expanding the retreats to 3 or 4. We will still do the weekend in Moab but will add a few extended retreats, fully supported by Escape Adventures, in various mountain bike meccas around the U.S.
    Awesome! I like that idea. Can we start casting our votes for where we would like to see the retreats? I would love to see something in the southern Utah area (St. George, Zion) as well as the CO high country. I'm sure there is some great riding back east somewhere as well, although I wouldn't know. Would there be Ellsworth employees at each retreat? How many people showed up for this year's retreat?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    We had about 50 Owners at this years retreat. Thats about the max we can handle and still spend time with everyone. The new extended retreats will be smaller(10-15) and Tony will be there for sure. We will probably cycle the rest of the staff through and let everyone get out to one of the retreats. The first "for sure" destination will be a 3 day trip on the White Rim trail. Tony is already getting excited about that. We will probably do that next fall right before the big owners weekend. That way if someone wanted to spend the whole week in Moab they could.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pictures

Here are some pictures taken with my cheap disposable camera

more to come

1.) Ellsworth owners having lunch, mid ride on Saturday
    2.) My personal Truth and some great scenary
    3.) Tony dropping into the bowl(low) Steve Z up high
    4.) C/S rep Ryan Floth contemplating taking the new Rogue off the mushroom drop
    (he did it shortly after this photo)
    5.) Me with the new Epiphany on the first day before the owners arrived. It was never available for the Ellsworth staff after that, there was a waiting list of owners for all three that we brought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

more photos

here are some more
    1.)Tony and Dave W
    2.)Tony

Time is not a road.
    What were the overall thoughts about the Epiphany? (Sure, I know the riders are all biased, but...)

Leash Law Enforcer
    Thanks Pecusick! Good pics even with a crappy disposable camera! Wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see more. I assume that you will post a whole gang load of them up on them website (as in years past).

I am also interested in feedback on the Epiphany. Any one out there who went to retreat willing to post a review?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I would say I am more than a little biased but here goes.
    Our demo Epiphany(size 17) is lighter than my personal Truth(size 18). (Ellsworth has a bigger budget for lightweight components than the Cusick household does)
    The two bikes climb very similar, it doesnt seem like I have to get any farther forward on the Epiph than on my Truth on steep climbs.I did notice the extra inch plus of rear travel on the ledgy stuff. I was able to stay seated longer and pedal the bike where I would be coasting and off the saddle on my Truth. I love the Truth for my current riding style. I am a roadie at heart and usually look for the smoothest line on the trail.That is why I originally settled on a Truth. That being said the Epiphany and the Moment make me more daring and I tend to have more fun aiming for ledges and rocks and pretending that I am actually catching some air(I probably look more like Pedro in Napolean Dynamite) My next bike will for sure be an Epiphany or Moment. I havent decided yet. Since I own a Truth part of me wants the Moment built up big and burly, to really have a different style bike in the quiver. I think the Epiphany would suit me better right now and would eliminate the need to ever pull the Truth out of the garage, but after watching Ryan and the guys going big all weekend, I have this devil on my shoulder telling me that next year at Moab, I need to be on a big rugged Moment!

Why aren't you riding????

Not a new owner, but a "newb" owner

Wow, bummed I was in Moab but wasn't invited to the Ellsworthian gathering.

I guess i've only been a part of the flock for a few months, so my loyalties are still subject

great pics...I love that place

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    register your bike online and you will get all the Ellsworth news including the Moab invite

did it when I got the frame.

No, thanks for choosing Ellsworth email or card. Not that I'm distraute or anything, but $2,500
    frame and no thank you.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheedge

No, thanks for choosing Ellsworth email or card. Not that I'm distraute or anything, but $2,500
    frame and no thank you.
    Hmmm...I got a call from Cathy about a week after registering

Leash Law Enforcer
    What is the frame weight difference between the 06 Epiphany and 06 moment (shock and no shock)?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Smile

frame and no thank you

first off. Thank you for choosing Ellsworth!

We really do appreciate every Ellsworth owner. Our original plan was to have Adam Lopez(Adlo) handle more of the incoming sales calls here and to have Cathy spread the Ellsworth love to all of out great owners. Adlo decided to get back into the music biz(cant really blame him the chicks are a Hotter )
    Cathy has been a champ helping out with everything since he left and unfortunately, things like thank you notes etc have been neglected. We are in the process of remedying that and hiring a new Adlo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    here are some more
    1.) Ryan in early flight
    2.) me early am at Slickrock

frame and no thank you

first off. Thank you for choosing Ellsworth!

We really do appreciate every Ellsworth owner. Our original plan was to have Adam Lopez(Adlo) handle more of the incoming sales calls here and to have Cathy spread the Ellsworth love to all of out great owners. Adlo decided to get back into the music biz(cant really blame him the chicks are a Hotter )
    Cathy has been a champ helping out with everything since he left and unfortunately, things like thank you notes etc have been neglected. We are in the process of remedying that and hiring a new Adlo.

I appreciate the response. I didn't mean for this to be a forum for me to sound bitter. I was just surprised, since the purchase of most high ticket items generally catches the attention of someone in the company.....demographics and such It was all kind of on par with a less than great buying experience.........I'll never forsake the path again! At the end of the day I love this frame and didn't buy it to get a fruit basket for Christmas from T.E..

Rolling
    here are some more
    1.) Ryan in early flight
    That move just blows me away. I look at that everytime I ride there and just can't imagine being able to pull it off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    That move just blows me away. I look at that everytime I ride there and just can't imagine being able to pull it off.
    Ryan is an animal!

Paul, more of those pics please!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Holy Crap

I think I about sh!t my pants looking at the photo! Ryan has got some huevos the size of grapefruits.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    When I bought my wife's Truth it took quite a while to get the call then the owner emails started. Ellsworth office was swamped at the time. I don't think they have a big staff at the office. You should call to check if you don't hear after a couple of months to make sure your warranty is properly registered.

Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    When I bought my wife's Truth it took quite a while to get the call then the owner emails started. Ellsworth office was swamped at the time. I don't think they have a big staff at the office. You should call to check if you don't hear after a couple of months to make sure your warranty is properly registered.
    good point!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

a couple more

tony and friend

Most of the gang

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    tony and friend
    Yikes! This can end up in the Photo Caption Contest!

Members who have read this thread: 0