Time is not a road.

MBA and the Broken Truth

Anyone else notice the letter (and picture) in MBA from a person who came across a broken bike hanging from a tree in the woods? If you look closely it looks like a Truth that cracked at the TT/DT. Brutal! I guess he's not going for the warranty claim since he left it there in the woods!

I'm suprised our friends on the Turner Boards haven't picked up on this one yet!

mtbr member
    linky?

Time is not a road.
    Sorry, I don't have anything. I checked the MBA (Mountain Bike Action) website, but I couldn't find any of the mail submissions.
    Last edited by chad1433; 11-29-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I'm suprised our friends on the Turner Boards haven't picked up on this one yet!
    well, without a picture or a link, it's pure conjecture! The turner board won't roast it untill we have plenty of useless equations, graphs, and pseudo-engineering analysis to properly char-broil it. That's how the new and improved turner board is!

Time is not a road.
    What, no one subscribes to MBA? Not even poaching it at your local Borders????
    Last edited by chad1433; 11-29-2005 at 02:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hey Chad, Yeah.. I saw that too ! It does look like it's a Truth. The article also says that the guy received a broken collar bone out of that little incident ! Ouch !

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    What month and what page?

I stopped my subscription to MBA cuz they seem to always review the same damn bikes---Santa Cruz! I must've seen the Nomad reviewed/mentioned/on the cover at least 4-5 times in the last 6-7 months. Tell me R.C. is not in bed with SC???

I don't think an Ellsworth has been reviewed in the last 3-4 years in MBA.

But my friend buys almost every month so I can see if I can find it.

But tell me why I want to put it up so the Homers can get a proper roast?!

No, that's not phonetic
    Sniff sniff. Do I smell a roast? It's that dude's own fault. He should know that trail is way to rough for an Ells.

Seriously, that is some messed up sh!t. Hope he's not disfigured or permanently hurt. I think about wearing my full face for xc rides in the winter because of all the ice.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Sniff sniff. Do I smell a roast? It's that dude's own fault. He should know that trail is way to rough for an Ells.

Seriously, that is some messed up sh!t. Hope he's not disfigured or permanently hurt. I think about wearing my full face for xc rides in the winter because of all the ice.
    Hilarious stuff. Bad advertising IMHO.

"I was just riding along and....."
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It looks like it broke right at the head tube. He must have run off the trail and hit a tree or something head on. There aren't enough big drops to break that thing on the trail. I'm sure some people will claim that this proves that Ellsworth are junk. You know if that was a Santa Cruz, MBA would have never run that picture.

Time is not a road.
    MBA is always giving props to Ellsworth. They reviewed the Moment when it first came out and they always have Interbike shots of Ellsworth bikes. Mountain Biking seems to feature them more though, with recent reviews of the ID, Moment and Truth.

It makes sense for Santa Cruz to schmooz with the bike mags since it's virtually free advertising. Titus is always in MBA, as is Foes. It's a Cali thing...

Rolling
    But............How can a guy who broke his collar bone be able to hoist his bike up there?

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Hilarious tscheezy, just Hilarious......damn good one.. Hope the guy is ok though.

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    But............How can a guy who broke his collar bone be able to hoist his bike up there?
    It's easy . . . Ellsworths are so light that even a one armed fool can lift them over a tree branch.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    It's easy . . . Ellsworths are so light that even a one armed fool can lift them over a tree branch.
    This is too easy, you set me up.....

Emphasis on the FOOL part. Origami frames break when ridden on trails.

Time is not a road.
    That guy had to be hurtin'. I've had nightmares of my carbon bars breaking on a down hill...it's gotta hit you like a wrecking ball.

Up & Down

For what it's worth...

looks to be one of the old bushing style Truths.

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    This is too easy, you set me up.....

Emphasis on the FOOL part. Origami frames break when ridden on trails.
    You have been so bitter of late...

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    You have been so bitter of late...
    I've been told that recently!
    Actually, I feel much better now. Taking out my aggressions on one so worthy is a gift that shouldn't be passed up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sol
    Hey man, I had a bushing Truth and that thing was still solid after 4-5 years of riding Beat up but solid.

Traded it in for the Moment, was sorry to see it go It was an awesome ride, didn't need no stinkin platform shock either. It took this many years for others to catch up with VPP, DW, Maestro, platform shocks, etc..

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sol
    Still ride one. Until I get enough cash together it will be my only ride. I was out in St. George last weekend on it (Gooseberry and Paradise Canyon). It is amazing to me how well my this frame does everything. I had no problem going up and down everything. I don't think I will ever get rid of it.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    A fellow trail rider out with him?
    Trev!

"El Whatever"
    MBA is always giving props to Ellsworth. They reviewed the Moment when it first came out and they always have Interbike shots of Ellsworth bikes. Mountain Biking seems to feature them more though, with recent reviews of the ID, Moment and Truth.

It makes sense for Santa Cruz to schmooz with the bike mags since it's virtually free advertising. Titus is always in MBA, as is Foes. It's a Cali thing...
    Yeah... they have reviewed several Ells, always giving props to TE and Ells stuff.

If MBA is sold, it's with several brands including Ellsworth... they even gave props to the Distance... go figure.
    Check my Site

sock puppet

hey renegade...

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I've been told that recently!
    Actually, I feel much better now. Taking out my aggressions on one so worthy is a gift that shouldn't be passed up.
    whats up?

what do you think happened to this poor soul? JRA or his fault?

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    If MBA is sold, it's with several brands including Ellsworth... they even gave props to the Distance... go figure.
    What's wrong with the Distance?

Members who have read this thread: 0