mtbr member
    Oct 2004

lookee what i got

went up to the bike shop to check on my new frame this weekend. just the paint job alone on this thing is worth the price. looking at my spreadsheet, i may even be able to keep the weight under 30lbs if i choose the cranks carefully. and if the reported weights are correct. that's really the only black hole i still have. i have know idea what cranks to use with the roloff. also ran into the dude with the 24lb epiphany there, but didn't really get a chance to talk to him. build should be done by president's day weekend. updates to follow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldork
    went up to the bike shop to check on my new frame this weekend. just the paint job alone on this thing is worth the price. looking at my spreadsheet, i may even be able to keep the weight under 30lbs if i choose the cranks carefully. and if the reported weights are correct. that's really the only black hole i still have. i have know idea what cranks to use with the roloff. also ran into the dude with the 24lb epiphany there, but didn't really get a chance to talk to him. build should be done by president's day weekend. updates to follow...
    Is that a medium or small Moment? My small Moment with the same shock weighed in at 3266 grams or 7.2 lb.

If you could, use something to plug up the vent holes leading to the seat tube. That'll prevent micro blasting beads from migrating into the clean seat tube and scour the crap out of your seatpost in the future.

Time is not a road.
    Very sweet, enjoy! I think the Pike will be a nice match for the Moment.

Now's the time to convert to tubeless with Stan's - save some weight! Titec is making foam grips and Race Face makes some pretty light bars, stems and cranks with their Dues line of products. I understand Whipperman (sp?) makes some light chains

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimanic
    Is that a medium or small Moment?
    It has to be a small, there is no seat tube gusset.

Metaldork - Nice pick up. I had the chance to ride a medium Moment all weekend. Great ride! Far exceeded my expectations. It was a great descender but an equally great climber, even with the extra weight over my Truth.

Anybody know the weight on a medium with the DHX coil?

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    It has to be a small, there is no seat tube gusset.

Metaldork - Nice pick up. I had the chance to ride a medium Moment all weekend. Great ride! Far exceeded my expectations. It was a great descender but an equally great climber, even with the extra weight over my Truth.

It's somewhere around 8lbs, the med will be just over, I think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    it's a small. i don't remember where i got the weight from, but it wasn't a scale. i just updated my spreadsheet and now i have another 1/2 lb to work with.

i'm looking at the oversize race face handlebars and stems and raceface also makes a singlespeed diabolus crank with a 38t chainring. only question is fitting it with a bashguard and how much importance do i place on having a perfect chainline with the rohloff. wipperman chain is something like 80 bucks if i remember correctly, so i'll just stick with sram.

Why aren't you riding????
    RF bottom bracket and XT cranks.....nice ride.

GoCyco
    Nov 2005

04 Moment weight

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    My medium with a Vanilla RC and King headset cups was 8.2lbs. on FedEx scale.

Members who have read this thread: 0