mtbr member
    Feb 2005

laidback/offset seatposts

I remember reading that using one might over-stress an Ellsworth frame and void the warranty-yet pics I see of current frame offerings seem to be spec'd with offset seatposts-
    I tend to like my truth better with a thomson laidback-

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloe
    I remember reading that using one might over-stress an Ellsworth frame and void the warranty-yet pics I see of current frame offerings seem to be spec'd with offset seatposts-
    I tend to like my truth better with a thomson laidback-
    According to Ellsworth's Owner's Manual, upto 1" laidback is acceptable. A Thomson 10 degree setback is only 5/8 in.

trail fairy
    Thomson is da way to go! my buddy Whafe uses on his large ID and is sweet as! as far as I know and its a masterpiece which for weight reasons he is unlikely to join the GD crowd.
    Now thats a seatpost!

Enjoy!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The Thomson set back seat post is not a "lay back" seat post, although it has a slight bend in it. It accomplishes the set back of the seat clamp by the way of bending the post rather than moving the seat clamp behind the post like most other seat posts. This is a stronger design. If you compare the Thomson set back the clamp is not as far back as most other set back seat posts.

I checked with Ellsworth on the Thomson set back seat post and they told me it's fine to use it.

Members who have read this thread: 0