rr
    I don't do PC

Kudos to Ellsworth

Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the story but if not then basicly I was one of the "upgrade" victims after my 2nd Truth broke at the normal spot in 2 years time. It was indeed an unpleasurable experience and to make matters worse one of their former employees came on MTBR and posted a rant about how I most likely abused the frame. Anyway, Paul was very apologetic about that and was very fair in an offer to get me back on an Ellsworth and reimburse me the upgrade fee.

I also said some things out of frustration and would like to apoligize, I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.

So, we didn't actually get a deal worked out cause I'm happy with my current stable and my wife would kill me if I bought another MB but who knows, the offer is still on the table and I might be in the market for something to replace my FXR in the next year. I mainly just wanted to post something here to give props to Paul and Ellsworth for making the effort to turn things around. Good luck to you guys.

-Rick

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!.......
    ..........I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.
    Good to hear stuff like this.

And yes, seems like both Paul and Ryan are great people to be working for Ellsworth and they seem to be going out of their way to fix a lot of issues created in the past.

Brass Nipples!
    Glad to hear it.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

El Malo
    Don't forget that it may not be the ppl but the policies they must adhere to which makes or breaks your CS experience...

I've met past Ellsworth employees who were good people in there tenure.

Glad to hear about the positive vibes, which BTW, they echo mine with them in the past even though they were not regarding warranty issues.
    I will continue to voice my satisfaction as well as any dissatisfaction, should it ever happen.
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the story but if not then basicly I was one of the "upgrade" victims after my 2nd Truth broke at the normal spot in 2 years time. It was indeed an unpleasurable experience and to make matters worse one of their former employees came on MTBR and posted a rant about how I most likely abused the frame. Anyway, Paul was very apologetic about that and was very fair in an offer to get me back on an Ellsworth and reimburse me the upgrade fee.

I also said some things out of frustration and would like to apoligize, I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.

So, we didn't actually get a deal worked out cause I'm happy with my current stable and my wife would kill me if I bought another MB but who knows, the offer is still on the table and I might be in the market for something to replace my FXR in the next year. I mainly just wanted to post something here to give props to Paul and Ellsworth for making the effort to turn things around. Good luck to you guys.

-Rick
    I must say, that is impressive. I don't know too many companies that would try to fix a situation that old (and likely dead in the minds of both parties). Way to go Ells! Seems like Paul is really reaching out and that they are trying to make things right with all their customers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Agreed

Glad to hear about your positive experience. I've never had to deal with Ellsworth's customer service in regards to warranty issues, but I did get to meet Ryan and Paul earlier this summer at Big Bear, CA. They were so cool I found it hard to believe what you guys went through with your warranty nightmares. I'm sure the complaints were valid, but I've only had positive experiences with Ellsworth. Like they say, when a customer's happy, you rarely hear from them, but if they're upset, everyone's gonna hear from them.

Beside, it was only what? 12 people who actually broke their frames and it seemed like everyone was breaking their frames???

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    That is an impressive move indeed. I have met both Paul and Ryan in person before. They are extremely helpful and have gone above and beyond to help me out.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    I must say, that is impressive. I don't know too many companies that would try to fix a situation that old (and likely dead in the minds of both parties). Way to go Ells! Seems like Paul is really reaching out and that they are trying to make things right with all their customers.
    Ain't that the truth, I have to admit I was a bit shocked.

No, that's not phonetic
    That is pretty amazing. I wonder if they are going down the whole list and contacting all disgruntled former owners, or what? I want to be a fly on the wall when they get Pete on the line.
    Last edited by tscheezy; 12-21-2005 at 07:46 PM.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

Good job!

I'm on my second Ells' and like 7th or 8th between my riding buds... never an issue that didn't get resolved to our satisfaction

glad they made it right for ya....later better than never
    I Ride, I Know

Are you talking to me?

No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    That is pretty amazing. I wonder if they are going down the whole list and contacting all disgruntled former owners, or what? I want to be a fly on the wall when they get Pete on the line.
    I would gladly pay all charges related to a long distance 3-way call just to listen in!
    gfy

Rolling
    Pete?

Who is Pete?

Brass Nipples!

I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    I wonder if my post in this thread had something to do with it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=rroeder
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Maybe so, I didn't see that thread. I'm sure there are other warranty cases from that time period they are looking at, I can think of a handful of MTBR regulars that had to pay the upgrade fee and were not too happy about it, bock comes to mind.

Leash Law Enforcer

I wonder . . .

If the next step for Ells is to call DT and all the homers and apologize for the ICT patent and the switch from HL to TNT?

Time is not a road.
    As soon as Mike Sinyard does.

The Ancient One

My name is ...

I hear Tony is changing his name to Earl.

sock puppet

indeed...

i am actually starting to miss that son of a b****...

i dont know if i should have said that...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Better late then never, but let us not forget the facts of this controversy. Ellsworth was out of line and some of their employees tried to create the myth that rider error was the cause. The posting of dissatisfied customers help Ellsworth see the light. If every dissatisfied customer like Rroeder is made whole then the book can be closed.

sock puppet

you mean the "old" book...

Quote Originally Posted by BobKreyole
    Better late then never, but let us not forget the facts of this controversy. Ellsworth was out of line and some of their employees tried to create the myth that rider error was the cause. The posting of dissatisfied customers help Ellsworth see the light. If every dissatisfied customer like Rroeder is made whole then the book can be closed.
    because, due to the beautiful new crop of bikes from Ells factory, i think that we are opening a whole new book about our passion...

bob, you coming to the dark side???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    because, due to the beautiful new crop of bikes from Ells factory, i think that we are opening a whole new book about our passion...

bob, you coming to the dark side???

Yes I agree that a new book is being written. This will hopefully serve as a lesson to all bike makers that the riders should be respected and not taken for granted and we can worry about where we ride not what we ride.

How is your training for the big race. The weather is lousy here in New York. We await the spring and the annoying pest such as locust and grasshoppers.

Peace and stay focus.

sock puppet

transrockeis challenge..

Yes I agree that a new book is being written. This will hopefully serve as a lesson to all bike makers that the riders should be respected and not taken for granted and we can worry about where we ride not what we ride.

How is your training for the big race. The weather is lousy here in New York. We await the spring and the annoying pest such as locust and grasshoppers.

Peace and stay focus.
    ah yes... the RACE...

i am starting to realize what i am getting into... spoke with few friends who finished the race this year... it is going to be everything i was hoping for and fearing from... one of tha stages is around 50 miles and has over 7000 feet of climbing... yummy, well as long as one is ready for it..

so i went crazy for the holiday and picked up a gorgeous cyclops pro 300pt indoor trainer/spinner... it has all the bells and whistles, including power tap... much better than my old trainer where i had to use one of my bikes... on this one, i can actually stay on for couple of hours and break some serious sweat... went to few good spinning classes just to get an idea on what to do etc... feels really good...

i am at 210 pounds right now - 12.5% fat... my target is to go down to 190 pounds but retain around 8-9% of body fat... i am dropping some mucle from the upper body in order to get there... it'll be interesting...

right now i am still reading the stories from TR participants... amazing... it is not considered one of the toughest mountain bke races for no reason...

ah yes, i will be riding my Truth... still contemplating the rear shock choice (want something with the lockout) and tires...

weather over here sucks, but that is why i got a set of Nokian extremes - studded winters...

happy holiday everyone...

Elitest thrill junkie
    , i will be riding my Truth... still contemplating the rear shock choice (want something with the lockout) and tires...
    But Tony Ellsworth said the Truth doesn't need a lockout
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

sock puppet

www.transrockies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    But Tony Ellsworth said the Truth doesn't need a lockout
    check it out before you speak... it includes some stretches of Trans Canada Highway... i'd much rather ride a hardtail on asphalt than anything else... and on some 10+ miles long, non-technical doubletrack climbs where i dont need full suspension... i am even consideirng fox rlt over f100x fork, only because i can lock it out...

jayem - tony says - those that ride know... you should buy one too...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    so i went crazy for the holiday and picked up a gorgeous cyclops pro 300pt indoor trainer/spinner... it has all the bells and whistles, including power tap... much better than my old trainer where i had to use one of my bikes... on this one, i can actually stay on for couple of hours and break some serious sweat... went to few good spinning classes just to get an idea on what to do etc... feels really good...

i am at 210 pounds right now - 12.5% fat... my target is to go down to 190 pounds but retain around 8-9% of body fat... i am dropping some mucle from the upper body in order to get there... it'll be interesting...
    Nice move getting the indoor trainer. Find one of those marathon spin classes that go for 2 hours or more. They are very intenses and will really work you over. As for the body fat, don't go down too low. You will need the fat for fuel during the race. Try to find out how many pounds a racer looses during the race so that you don't burn muscle as fuel.

sock puppet

yes , indeed - i will need some fat...

Nice move getting the indoor trainer. Find one of those marathon spin classes that go for 2 hours or more. They are very intenses and will really work you over. As for the body fat, don't go down too low. You will need the fat for fuel during the race. Try to find out how many pounds a racer looses during the race so that you don't burn muscle as fuel.
    3 people that i spoke with lost on average 13 pounds during the race... and that was with proper intake (2 of them were semi-pros)...

that i why i am aiming at 8-9% of body fat rather than 6% which was my bottom percentage when i was still competing in my winter sport at high level... even if i dont go down to 190# body weight, i'll be fine as i will probably lose more weight than my friends who finished race this summer... they all were in 170-180# range...

yeah, an hour workout burned me prettey good, i can imagine couple of hours of spinning - but that is what i will be doing on occasion...

just picked up Michelin Comp S Light UST tires... want to try them - some say that it is THE tire for the challenge... i am concerned though as they are only 2.0 wide and i might be a bit on a heavy side for them...

any tire suggestion would be appreciated.. lots of sharp rocks, rocky descents, muddy climbs, some asphalt sections...

tough decision......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    any tire suggestion would be appreciated.. lots of sharp rocks, rocky descents, muddy climbs, some asphalt sections...

tough decision......
    Ask Shiggy the tire man.

Members who have read this thread: 0