mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Just thought I'd say Hi!

I'm a new member from Britain and I thought I'd just say hi and buy a round in the virtual bar - what'll it be?

For the record, I ride an '05 Id (bought very recently at a good price with a Cane Creek Cloud 9, Marz Marathon SL's, Hope brakes etc.

"Its All Good"
    Welcome aboard, nice bike too, I have an ID also. They are now a piece of history, a collectors item.

Show us some pictures of your scooter.

Enjoy your ride, it will be a blast

Cheers
    F
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Welcome aboard, nice bike too, I have an ID also. They are now a piece of history, a collectors item.

Show us some pictures of your scooter.

Enjoy your ride, it will be a blast

Cheers
    F
    I would if I could figure out how to do it!

I must say that Ellsworth seem to get a lot of flak on here. They are relatively rare on my side of the pond but there have been rumours of warranty issues, which the importer denies.

Regarding the ride - the high bb was a worry but, although the top tube felt mighty close to my tackle during an icy, rocky descent, I think it is mainly in the mind. It sure gives good ground clearance though. The forks are the limiting factor - I previously had them on a SC Superlight, set at 100mm. Now on full 120mm travel, they seem a bit out of their depth. I think I'll save up for some Pace RC40 or 41s and fly the flag.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtriple
    I'm a new member from Britain and I thought I'd just say hi and buy a round in the virtual bar - what'll it be?
    How about an Imperial pint of old speckled hen?

Welcome

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Good choice - I'll join you wth my pint of Timothy Taylor's Best Bitter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Welcome to the forum!

How do you like that Cloud 9?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It's early days yet, but it seems good. The Fox on my old Superlight was way past its best, so it obviously feels much better than that. I thought the lack of oil damping may limit its performance but the compression and rebound adjustments make a marked difference. Don't really see the point of the "Rapid Compression Adjuster", though. The shock still bobs, but faster!

"Its All Good"
    I can see that you would have some geo issues running the fork you are using. I run a Maz AM1, I have to say a truly awesom form, it handles anything. They are a bit of a dark house as far as forks go. Those that have them love them.

You reakon your Ellsworth is a little rare in the UK, try haviing one in New Zealand, rare as rocking horse shiat.

I first had an Ellsworth Dare, I thne started seeing all the bad flak, I have to say that I have had no issues what so ever, that was with the Dare and the ID. I had issues with Intense re my Uzzi, and I had problems with Santa Cruz re my VP Free. Only minor probs, but still.

I am not wanting to open a can of the dam worms here. But I do not take all to heart the Ellsworth slamming, if one did, I would have slit my wrists years ago.

You will begin to truly love the high BB, I do, it saves the day so often. If I jump onto a buddies 5 Spot, I so miss the Id'd hig BB. The 5 Spot is great, but the low BB, bucks me off. If I owned it I would get used to it. The ID is a great techincal riders scooter. ENJOY.

Few pics to give you some thoughts of the Id
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtriple

For the record, I ride an '05 Id (bought very recently at a good price with a Cane Creek Cloud 9, Marz Marathon SL's, Hope brakes etc.
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Make mine a diet mountain dew code red.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Time is not a road.
    That's some great scenery...the mtn behind the body of water. Is that Id your beach cruiser, too?

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    the last pic makes me
    an ID + air shock + solid dude =
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thats a nice ID!! I think they look great in Orange/Gold!!

"Its All Good"
    LOL......... who you calling solid, me I am 170 pounds, thats why I have grown up with the name Whafe, I am fat these days.

No beach cruising for the Id, thats the romantic spot to keep my partner happy.

I agree with the colour,

Members who have read this thread: 0