Thread: Id 06 Am1

trail fairy

Id 06 Am1

Some Pics of the ID morphed again I'm so impressed by this fork it gives an amazing ride.
    Theres no comparison to the Fox Talas I was running, its so smooth and buttery just soaks up bumps drops and the bike flows through corners, the fork is noticably stiffer and I have more control can ride faster through sections I had to concentrate on before and pick my lines.
    I love it and the Big M..

Also some pics of this weekends ride in Vegas!! It was a Bomber and Ellsworth Ride in more ways than one..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    More Pics of da Ride in Vegas!!

1: Whafe jumping outta Hot Cross buns
    2: Whafe deep in Hot Cross buns sampling her delights
    3: Momentus jumping his new Moment outta Hot Cross buns still feeling her out at this stage!
    4: Trail Advents ID, Momentus Moment, Whafes ID lined up at the end of another Epic
    5: Bikes checking out the local culture!

Vegas
    she rocks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    At last a proper colour- looks great on your black Id. I've always liked the fact that you can fit a fender on Zokes and it's integrated and looks really neat. It's something that's necessary in the UK a lot of the time but no other manufacturers bother to do this-why? all the aftermarket offerings look like a bodge, anyway, enough of my rant- it may not be important to you even, kudos to Marz.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    dude.....your bike kicks ass, especially with that fork! I LOVED my AM1 and it was the ugly version. You did awesome!

Rolling
    I love that last image.

Good to hear about the AM1.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I love that last image.

Good to hear about the AM1.
    indeed....and you wont see such "artistic" pictures over on the Turner forum either!

trail fairy
    At last a proper colour- looks great on your black Id. I've always liked the fact that you can fit a fender on Zokes and it's integrated and looks really neat. It's something that's necessary in the UK a lot of the time but no other manufacturers bother to do this-why? all the aftermarket offerings look like a bodge, anyway, enough of my rant- it may not be important to you even, kudos to Marz.
    Had the fender in me hands on Saturday unfortunately my LBS got the wrong one!
    The fendor wholes were in the wrong place must have been for a Z1 next time will have her and use it for Muddy rides like this one!

dude.....your bike kicks ass, especially with that fork! I LOVED my AM1 and it was the ugly version. You did awesome!
    Cheers FO, Lid - she is a beauty it just completes the bike! now it feels balanced. Its really hard to describe how good this fork is once you get use to the differences from other forks, its just plain pure sex on toast ride quality.

Yeah those 3 were perfectly placed to situate the bikes while were were getting our shiat together for the ride and afterwards, couldn't resist!

Some more pics!
    Bomber boys! 2 AM 1s and a Z1 classic

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Hey Horse, dont knock my baby poo coloured fork, it offends me.......... No must say the new AM1 in black looks great. Am still stoked with how mione performs on every ride, the fork works a trteat, you would think more would understand this,

Was another great ride, I love rides that have huge hills in them, like it when you can get a good flow going. Was a lot more slippery this week than last, that bought some challenges. This place rocks to ride, have ridden it quite abit now and it just gets better.

Momentus went well on his Moment, his new Z1 is a hot fork also, it was Bombers all round.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

trail fairy
    Dang, I like that pic of the 3 BOMBERS! They look ready to rock!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Go Whafes' baby poo 05 AM1,
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Have heard nothing but praise for the AM1, makes me think i might like to get one sometime, although i'm really enjoying my 36 VAN right now- it's really stiff and just like a Zoke- pure butta.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Hey Horse, dont knock my baby poo coloured fork, it offends me.......... No must say the new AM1 in black looks great. Am still stoked with how mione performs on every ride, the fork works a trteat, you would think more would understand this,

Was another great ride, I love rides that have huge hills in them, like it when you can get a good flow going. Was a lot more slippery this week than last, that bought some challenges. This place rocks to ride, have ridden it quite abit now and it just gets better.

Momentus went well on his Moment, his new Z1 is a hot fork also, it was Bombers all round.
    No offense Whafe- your bike looks trick. Have grown quite accustomed to the colour of baby poo recently, bet your forks smell nicer though..

"Its All Good"
    None taken horse, it by no means smells at this stage................................ Get yourself one, I think it would eat a 36!!!!!!!!!

Time is not a road.
    Anyone notice differences in the 2006 AM1 and the 2005 AM1 (aside from the cosmetic differences. It also looks like the lowers are different. Does that make it stiffer?). Just wondering, because I can get a black 2005 or I could wait for the 2006. If I could save a few bucks on '05, it would be nice, but I'd like to get the better of the two.

"Its All Good"
    Chad, have ridden both, I couldnt really feel much difference, in saying that though TrailAdvents bike is a medium, so I always feel slightly gangly on it. But no real difference that I could feel.

Great forks, the 06 is better looking, depends if you like baby poo mustard brown colour.

Time is not a road.
    The color is not an issue since I can get the '05 in Black. I just wondered if the new lowers were any stiffer or not. It's probably all cosmetic...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Chad,

I believe some weight has been pared from the crown and the legs of the 2006 AM1 but I don't know how much.

I think there may be one major difference...I believe Zoke has gone to post mount for disc brakes for the 2006 AM1.

Can Trailadvent or Whafe verify this?

Got Rogued!
    Yeah... They have postmount fitting...

trail fairy
    <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>2 Days Ago 03:49 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1335165" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>raceimp</TD><TD class=alt2>Yeah... They have postmount fitting...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>2 Days Ago 03:26 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1335099" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>ahimanic</TD><TD class=alt2>Chad,

I believe some weight has been pared from the crown and the legs of the 2006 AM1 but I don't know how much.

I think there may be one major difference...I believe Zoke has gone to post mount for disc brakes for the 2006 AM1.

Can Trailadvent or Whafe verify this?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>3 Days Ago 03:50 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1330348" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>chad1433</TD><TD class=alt2>The color is not an issue since I can get the '05 in Black. I just wondered if the new lowers were any stiffer or not. It's probably all cosmetic...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ahimanic is right the crown is different and has been lightened as well as suppose to be slightly stiffer, maybe some weight in the legs but its really minor, the knobs on top of the legs are different also, and are alloy sexy red, though the AM dial is harder to use, mine is supposed to have the handlebar mount dial Urgh LBS & supplier!
    The disc mount is now changed to post mount and is cool but am still pissed I have to run a crappy Avid Juicy seven, I still can't undertand why every one raves about these discs urghh!

My LBS can't get me the post mount adapter at the mo for my Magura FR 180mm rotor so I have his 203 Avid J7, and all I can say is urghhh, I want my maggie back quick LBS!!

Dam I have developed a real hate for this brake, and have found myself using my rear brake way more than I'm used to!

2 fingers I go over the bars, one finger wheres the bloody brake!
    My Maggie has always been a one finger pad brake no matter how steep long or hard the trails and Ive never had hand cramp, this Avid gives me the shits!

Sorry for the bagging, I know some loyal Avid dudes will say otherwise, but if you have both on yr bike like I do I can honestly say this is the best way to test anything.

It has even affected my riding enjoyment lately!
    The fork is dam sex on wheels and makes up for it but I WANT MY MAGGIE back CLARK! dude help me.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Trail rider and racer
    Ha! That last picture is cool!
    Trev!

trail fairy
    Yeah shes a beauty couldn't resist its like they were put there just to hold our bikes, nice piece of culture as well, no disrepect to the natives either they go well together.

Sure loved that ride that day she was a pearler Hopefully well be back down there this weekend.
    Weather looks good boyz rack em and stack em time to put the war paint on and go ride them there hills Pilgrim! yeahhhhha

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999>Risk of Rain</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999>Amount</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999>E.T.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999>Temp</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999>Airflow</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD class=regwb vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#999999 colSpan=2>Weather Watch</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=14></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Tuesday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Average</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>SW Dying out</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Wednesday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Average</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Moderate NW</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Thursday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>70%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>5-10</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Average</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Moderate NW/SW</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Friday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Low</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Average</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Light SE</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Saturday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Mild</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Light E</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Sunday</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Mild</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Variable</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Monday to Wed</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>10%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc></TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Mild</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Light N</TD><TD class=attention vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=smlgb vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Thursday to Sat </TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>30%</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>1-3</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Medium</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#e6e6cc>Mild</TD><TD class=smlg vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3>Increasing NE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Time is not a road.
    Awww....man! Post mounts? I'm running Mono Minis...I'd have to get the adapter..what to do, what to do?

trail fairy
    Update on the AM1 fork

Ive upgraded my carbon bar to the Nano technology Easton Monkey lite 31.8mm and combined it with a 70mm by 31.8mm Thomson X4.

All I can say is sweet sweet sweet, she now feels almost bolt through stiff and still remains the best fork Ive used, now I think I have the best of both worlds!

Might be something to consider if you want a stiffer combo without going to a bolt through fork! Esspecially if using an AM1 its worth the $$ IMO
    Will post a pic later!

The Easton has a much nicer sweep than in the past also and the X4 is ridiculously light for a AM stem. looks hot too!

I chose 70 x 0 deg rise keeps my weight back and still off the fork but gives a me a good climbing position and also carves nicer in the single track, course with the AM1 climbing is not a problem when combined with ETA! She eats goats!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 0