mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Hitting up an Enduro on the Moment

Well, only one and a half weeks left until I hit my first enduro - the highland fling (found here: http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/highlandfling/route.html).
    My first 100km ride, so I'm looking forward to it with both excitement and trepidation. Hopefully someone will be taking photos so I'll have some shots of the area for you guys when I'm done.

Grant

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by fringe_dweller
    Well, only one and a half weeks left until I hit my first enduro - the highland fling (found here: http://www.wildhorizons.com.au/highlandfling/route.html).
    My first 100km ride, so I'm looking forward to it with both excitement and trepidation. Hopefully someone will be taking photos so I'll have some shots of the area for you guys when I'm done.

Grant
    Fun stuff. So you live in Australia, right? I didn't recognize any of the place names on the website, but they sounded aussish.

Let us know how things go. Make sure you get some good recovery with no heavy efforts for several days before the race. Start out fairly easy. You should feel you could be pushing harder for at least the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the race.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Sure do - the Southern Highlands are about two hours south of Sydney, halfway to Canberra. Should be a good race with 700 people registered.

Thanks for the tips - I'll be sure to take it easy and refuel regularly.

Grant

Brass Nipples!
    How'd the enduro go, fringe_dweller? I'm assuming it was last weekend.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey Bob,

Went for a warm up ride on the Saturday before the race - I should have known better. OTB'd on a techy downhill and smacked my leg into a rock. Not sure if I bruised the muscle, chipped the bone or hit a nerve but come Sunday morning I couldn't put any weight on it. Really disappointed as I have been working my way up to this for a while. Next time I'll be a bit more wary about riding the day before.

Grant

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by fringe_dweller
    Hey Bob,

Went for a warm up ride on the Saturday before the race - I should have known better. OTB'd on a techy downhill and smacked my leg into a rock. Not sure if I bruised the muscle, chipped the bone or hit a nerve but come Sunday morning I couldn't put any weight on it. Really disappointed as I have been working my way up to this for a while. Next time I'll be a bit more wary about riding the day before.

Grant
    Sorry to hear it. Hope you heal quickly.

Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0