mtbr member
    Nov 2005

epiphany vs moment?

For all around agressivetrail riding, no jumps bigger than 3 ft.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SpR(o)cKeT
    no jumps bigger than 3 ft.
    The Epi should have no problem handling that.

The Moment won't even bat its eye lashes.

Time is not a road.
    DH runs at Plattekill or Mt. Snow, anyone?

Uno Momento, por favor! No? Go for the Epiphany.

Just another FOCer
    I'd say get the Moment for aggressive trail riding. Especially if you think your riding will continue to progess to more aggressive things or if you currently ride steep descents.

Good luck,

Winston

"I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

mtbr member

Idea!

Actually, you missed an option, since it is apparent that the '06 Moment will have different geometry (though this has been denied, confirmed, denied, and then confirmed...and then once more denied) you really have to consider:

1-Epi '06
    2-Moment '05
    3-Moment '06

If the disclosed changes to the '06 Moment Geometry really are correct than you can start evaluating:

The Epi & the Moment '05 are very very similar in ride characteristics, the main difference being the beefed up frame of the Moment. From what you breifly tell us about your riding conditions & style, maybe the Epi would be the smarter choice between the two.

Now your other option, the '06 Moment, if in fact it does come with the edited geometry, this should be a different beast that begs to question can you benefit from this slacker setup? I think if you are doing some big mountain riding, with realy fast decents, then you could significantly benefit from the '06 Moment. The '06 Moment should offer you more standover clearance (like the Epi does). Plus, as I have stated in the past, the '06 moment will be a thing of beauty.

I'm just guessing here, but I hypothesise that Ellsworth is changing the geometry of the '06 Moment to further differentiate it from their Epi...It just doesn't make good marketing sense to offer two very similar bikes...It ends up confusing the customer and in many cases results in losing the sale. I used to sell High-end Audio and that was always a deal crusher - When people can't decide between 2 nearlly identical units they end up buying NEITHER.

I'll say this, I love my Epi and can't imagine a more perfect bike for where I live and how I ride.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Members who have read this thread: 0