mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Epiphany size? Help!

trying to order my epiphany but i'm not sure with size should i go. I'm 6 ft. with an inseam of 33.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpR(o)cKeT
    trying to order my epiphany but i'm not sure with size should i go. I'm 6 ft. with an inseam of 33.
    I'm 6' and a fraction of an inch with a 34 inch inseam and the large (19") is the right size for me. I've got a fork and wheels on the thing, but still no drivetrain. What you see weighs 18.1 pounds so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hows the cockpit? Should i go with large? I'm really confused right now and i dont think there is a way for me try out try both large and medium size bike.

Brass Nipples!
    Hows the cockpit? Should i go with large? I'm really confused right now and i dont think there is a way for me try out try both large and medium size bike.
    I'd personally be cramped on the Medium, but the best advice I can give you is to find some bikes that have top tube lengths comparable to the medium and large and see how they feel. You shouldn't have standover issues with the large, so you have the freedom to choose which ever feels more natural.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    I'm 6ft with 33" inseam too and I went with the Medium. The bike fits and rides GREAT, though I am maxed out on it (size wise)...Try out an 04 Moment, very similar in geometry and you should be able to tell if you want the med or large.

I think the large will cosmetically will look better for you (I have a LOT of seat post showing), but it really comes down to fit...those larges have really long top tubes so make sure you at least hop on the moment and confirm the feel of the cockpit.

Good luck, I lost many a night trying to figure that one out!
    Hydrate or Die Trying

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I can't sleep thinking about this dilema, I'm going to try a med moment today in my LBS and how it feels. What stem lenght are you using, degree and handle bar rise if you dont mind me asking

Brass Nipples!
    I can't sleep thinking about this dilema, I'm going to try a med moment today in my LBS and how it feels. What stem lenght are you using, degree and handle bar rise if you dont mind me asking
    My next step will be to install cranks and set the saddle position. After that, I'll choose the stem. I have a 120 mm x 15 degree one on to hold up the fork for now, but this will likely change. The bar has one inch of rise, I think.

I started out with a 120 x 5 stem on my Moment, then shortened it to a 100 x 5 for more aggressive riding. I'll want a feel more like the original Moment setup on the Epiphany as it will be my race / epic ride bike. A lot depends on the bar you choose, the fork A-C, the number of spacers under the stem and your preferred riding position. I think someone your size could get the right fit on either a medium or a large. Finding your most comfortable top tube length will be key.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Before considering the nomad, I was thinking about getting the Epi. After trying it out, I decided that it is not what I'm looking for. It feels like a very flush racebike which is nice but I'm looking for a big bike feeling and a longer travel bike.

Anyway, I'm 6 ft with 34 inseam. My LBS told me that i should get a large "definitely", and i tried a medium epi and what i can tell is that i could ride a large. If i ever get a Epi it would be a large, again evryone is diff and you really should try one or similar size before ordering

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Greetings,
    I am 6 foot tall.
    I have a medium Truth and it is way cramped with allot of seatpost, I ordered the large Epiphany...I think It will be a perfect fit.

my .02 cent.
    Hello from Colorful Colorado

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 6 ft with an inseam of 33.25. Looking at the numbers I would go with the 19" without hesitation. We're at a size where a test ride will feel fine on either size, but with enough time in the saddle the medium size feels cramped, overly reactive to weight shifts, and kinda sketchy going downhill.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekster
    Greetings,
    I am 6 foot tall.
    I have a medium Truth and it is way cramped with allot of seatpost, I ordered the large Epiphany...I think It will be a perfect fit.

my .02 cent.
    Did you get yours yet? I saw a guy out on Sun at DBB with a large black Ellsworth "something" but he was coming up as I was going down the mtn, so I didn't get to stop and see what he was riding.

I've heard there's a dealer coming to Loveland...

Members who have read this thread: 0