mtbr member

New question here. Epi and Id differences

Hi everybody!
    Has anyone ridden Epi and Id? Is there a big differance in geometry between them? Witch of these 2 is more XC geometry?

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by merdas
    Hi everybody!
    Has anyone ridden Epi and Id? Is there a big differance in geometry between them? Witch of these 2 is more XC geometry?
    The Epi is pretty much indentical to the Id in geometry save for its lower BB height. After all it is a replacement for the Id. In other words the Epi is the new Id or a reincarnation thereof.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

banned
    Mar 2005

are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    The Epi is pretty much indentical to the Id in geometry save for its lower BB height. After all it is a replacement for the Id. In other words the Epi is the new Id or a reincarnation thereof.
    Based on the specs on the Ellsworth site, i calculate the BB to be about 14", compared to about 13.7" on my Id...but with the way they list the height, i guess it will depend on the tires and shock preload

the head tube angle appears to be about a half degree tighter as well...but with the Id's ability to handle tight turns like a ferrari...this change shouldn't be too apparent to average riders

No Epiphanies available in Toronto yet...but i'm looking forward to being able to compare the two bikes when they arrive
    Last edited by JM01; 01-12-2006 at 09:19 AM.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    Based on the specs on the Ellsworth site, i calculate the BB to be about 14", compared to about 13.7" on my Id...but with the way they list the height, i guess it will depend on the tires and shock preload

the head tube angle appears to be about a half degree tighter as well...but with the Id's ability to handle tight turns like a ferrari...this change shouldn't be too apparent to average riders

No Epiphanies available in Toronto yet...but i'm looking forward to being able to compare the two bikes when they arrive

Epi BB Height is actually 13 + 0.5 = 13.5. Lots of confusion here (search this forum) as BB height is influenced by fork A-C and somewhat by tire choice. EW should emulate Santa Cruz where they include A-C height in the spec.

My Id's measured BB height of 14.25"

Epi Specs from EW website:

Bottom Bracket Height: +.5 from "event horizon"
    Seat Tube Angle: 73.5
    Head Tube Angle: 70
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 01-12-2006 at 05:47 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Anybody ridden both?
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01

mtbr member
    oi wat's up

Members who have read this thread: 0