Ellsworth Lineup vs. Turner Lineup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Ellsworth Lineup vs. Turner Lineup

Anyone else think the 2006 Ellsworth line is mirroring Turner's latest offerings? By that, I mean they are both covering the same ground: xc racer, 4-inch trailbike, 5-inch trailbike, freeride, dh etc. It seems like Turner has always had a more clearly defined product line and Ellsworth is now trying to do the same. With Turner now licensing the ICT name, it seems there's even more in common. Does anyone know what the relationship is between the 2 companies? Was Turner forced to put ICT- stickers on their frames? Seems like they 'respect' each other, despite being direct competitors in the high-end market.

Rolling
    Huh?

Every bike company has similiar lines to fill in the niches from Hardtails to DH bikes. If anything, Turner is the one who is missing some bikes: Hardtails, SS and Tandems.

Why not compare Ellsworth and Turner to Titus, Santa Cruz, and Ventana too?...and all the big companies for that matter.

Funny how Turner and Ells are always the ones compared as if no other bike company exists.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Funny how Turner and Ells are always the ones compared as if no other bike company exists.

That's because they're simply the best! Of course, I may be biased...

All kidding aside, the FSR/ICT linkage, IMHO, is still arguably the best 4-bar linkage design. So people would naturally compare the two companies. Which both make very nice bikes with different philosophies.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Right, I should have clarified. If you're in the market for a high-end four bar design, your search will/should lead you to either Ells or Turner. Again, it just seems like turner has always done a better job defining its line up, vs. the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....

sock puppet

where do you see...

Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Right, I should have clarified. If you're in the market for a high-end four bar design, your search will/should lead you to either Ells or Turner. Again, it just seems like turner has always done a better job defining its line up, vs. the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....
    the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach in Ellsworth lineup???

i just think that both companies are responding to the needs of the biking community... that is where the demand is generated and bike companies have to deliver..

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I think it's widely known that there was some confusion at first with the Id and what it was intended to do. phrases like "all mountain master" were used in it's literature. Even on the current Ellsworth Website, there's still Id vs. Moment, Id vs. Truth, Joker vs ISIS, to clarify any misconceptions. I'm not knocking it.....I'm an Ells owner! I just think they are doing a better job now defining their lineup, like Turner, which is a good thing.....

Rolling
    ... the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....
    Well you have an Id, so you do have the do it all bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    aaaaah, so true....

sock puppet

i dont know what was

I think it's widely known that there was some confusion at first with the Id and what it was intended to do. phrases like "all mountain master" were used in it's literature. Even on the current Ellsworth Website, there's still Id vs. Moment, Id vs. Truth, Joker vs ISIS, to clarify any misconceptions. I'm not knocking it.....I'm an Ells owner! I just think they are doing a better job now defining their lineup, like Turner, which is a good thing.....
    the lineup on the Turner side, but they also had Burner and 5 spot - now they have 6 pack itd...

i think 6 pack is the newest addition to this lineup but rich will correct me if i am wrong...

it is the process of evolution, demand vs supply... has ellsworth been around a bit longer than turner? i know of some stories as to how turner was established etc...

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    the lineup on the Turner side, but they also had Burner and 5 spot - now they have 6 pack itd...

i think 6 pack is the newest addition to this lineup but rich will correct me if i am wrong...
    The Pack has been around for a while. It used to be called the RFX and will be called the RFX next year.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    The Pack has been around for a while. It used to be called the RFX and will be called the RFX next year.
    See! Now who is really the one confused here?

(PS: I really dig the name "six-pack" and it bugs me DT went back to calling it the RFX).
    Last edited by lidarman; 09-16-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Anyone else think the 2006 Ellsworth line is mirroring Turner's latest offerings?
    No. Turner makes one "all mountain" bike.

Ellsworth makes about 5 or 6.

Elitest thrill junkie
    No. There was no confusion. Tony Ellsworth marketed it as a FREERIDE bike.

trail fairy
    Whats yr point!

Yawn

Wrong board!!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 1