Ellsworth Lineup vs. Turner Lineup- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    117

    Ellsworth Lineup vs. Turner Lineup

    Anyone else think the 2006 Ellsworth line is mirroring Turner's latest offerings? By that, I mean they are both covering the same ground: xc racer, 4-inch trailbike, 5-inch trailbike, freeride, dh etc. It seems like Turner has always had a more clearly defined product line and Ellsworth is now trying to do the same. With Turner now licensing the ICT name, it seems there's even more in common. Does anyone know what the relationship is between the 2 companies? Was Turner forced to put ICT- stickers on their frames? Seems like they 'respect' each other, despite being direct competitors in the high-end market.

  2. #2
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Huh?

    Every bike company has similiar lines to fill in the niches from Hardtails to DH bikes. If anything, Turner is the one who is missing some bikes: Hardtails, SS and Tandems.

    Why not compare Ellsworth and Turner to Titus, Santa Cruz, and Ventana too?...and all the big companies for that matter.

    Funny how Turner and Ells are always the ones compared as if no other bike company exists.

  3. #3
    Amphibious Technologies
    Reputation: SCUBAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Funny how Turner and Ells are always the ones compared as if no other bike company exists.

    That's because they're simply the best! Of course, I may be biased...

    All kidding aside, the FSR/ICT linkage, IMHO, is still arguably the best 4-bar linkage design. So people would naturally compare the two companies. Which both make very nice bikes with different philosophies.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    117
    Right, I should have clarified. If you're in the market for a high-end four bar design, your search will/should lead you to either Ells or Turner. Again, it just seems like turner has always done a better job defining its line up, vs. the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....

  5. #5
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    where do you see...

    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Right, I should have clarified. If you're in the market for a high-end four bar design, your search will/should lead you to either Ells or Turner. Again, it just seems like turner has always done a better job defining its line up, vs. the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....
    the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach in Ellsworth lineup???

    i just think that both companies are responding to the needs of the biking community... that is where the demand is generated and bike companies have to deliver..

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    117
    I think it's widely known that there was some confusion at first with the Id and what it was intended to do. phrases like "all mountain master" were used in it's literature. Even on the current Ellsworth Website, there's still Id vs. Moment, Id vs. Truth, Joker vs ISIS, to clarify any misconceptions. I'm not knocking it.....I'm an Ells owner! I just think they are doing a better job now defining their lineup, like Turner, which is a good thing.....

  7. #7
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    ... the one-bike-can-do-it-all approach.....
    Well you have an Id, so you do have the do it all bike

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    117
    aaaaah, so true....

  9. #9
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    i dont know what was

    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    I think it's widely known that there was some confusion at first with the Id and what it was intended to do. phrases like "all mountain master" were used in it's literature. Even on the current Ellsworth Website, there's still Id vs. Moment, Id vs. Truth, Joker vs ISIS, to clarify any misconceptions. I'm not knocking it.....I'm an Ells owner! I just think they are doing a better job now defining their lineup, like Turner, which is a good thing.....
    the lineup on the Turner side, but they also had Burner and 5 spot - now they have 6 pack itd...

    i think 6 pack is the newest addition to this lineup but rich will correct me if i am wrong...

    it is the process of evolution, demand vs supply... has ellsworth been around a bit longer than turner? i know of some stories as to how turner was established etc...

  10. #10
    Amphibious Technologies
    Reputation: SCUBAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    the lineup on the Turner side, but they also had Burner and 5 spot - now they have 6 pack itd...

    i think 6 pack is the newest addition to this lineup but rich will correct me if i am wrong...
    The Pack has been around for a while. It used to be called the RFX and will be called the RFX next year.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

  11. #11
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    The Pack has been around for a while. It used to be called the RFX and will be called the RFX next year.
    See! Now who is really the one confused here?

    (PS: I really dig the name "six-pack" and it bugs me DT went back to calling it the RFX).
    Last edited by lidarman; 09-16-2005 at 03:15 PM.

  12. #12
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    33,187
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    Anyone else think the 2006 Ellsworth line is mirroring Turner's latest offerings?
    No. Turner makes one "all mountain" bike.

    Ellsworth makes about 5 or 6.

  13. #13
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    33,187
    Quote Originally Posted by mbexx
    I think it's widely known that there was some confusion at first with the Id and what it was intended to do. phrases like "all mountain master" were used in it's literature. Even on the current Ellsworth Website, there's still Id vs. Moment, Id vs. Truth, Joker vs ISIS, to clarify any misconceptions. I'm not knocking it.....I'm an Ells owner! I just think they are doing a better job now defining their lineup, like Turner, which is a good thing.....
    No. There was no confusion. Tony Ellsworth marketed it as a FREERIDE bike.

  14. #14
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Whats yr point!

    Yawn

    Wrong board!!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.