mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Drool Factor!!!!

My lbs gave me the call that the new Epiphanies had shown up and to come over and take a look at them ( I do the web stuff for them for them so with thier big redesign in the works we are on the phone a couple of times a day right now) We weighed a 17" Epi with the Float R and a 05 16"Truth with Float R and The Epi was only 3 ounces heavier!!!! 5lbs 11ounces vs 5lbs 8ounces and it is a bigger frame 17"vs16". I am suposed to get some frame pics of the blue and green ones they have a little later today.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

Time is not a road.
    Sweet! They'll be perfect MI trail bikes...I could only imagine rippin down Poto on one of those rides.

Brass Nipples!
    I'm excited to see the pics, particularly the green one.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Check out the Path

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    I'm excited to see the pics, particularly the green one.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com has photos of the new Ells and an Epiphany in green. Look under the Catalog link then frames.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Here's mine, ordered it 2 wks ago, picked it up today - Summit Bikes in Los Gatos, CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Leash Law Enforcer
    Looks awesome! What's the weight on it? Let us know how it rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am jonzin for my Epiphany, great pics, I havn't seen the green one yet.

Worked up my total today....ouch...6.3K
    Hello from Colorful Colorado

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Looks awesome! What's the weight on it? Let us know how it rides.
    Weight was 28lbs w/pedals. Mix of XT and XO. Ridden only home from the lbs so far...

Nick

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ntingle
    Weight was 28lbs w/pedals. Mix of XT and XO. Ridden only home from the lbs so far...

Nick
    Trailadvent, we're gona need a new "Epiphany Database" to usher in these new owners!

Please do come back with a detail ride report.

mtbr member
    So NTingle:

It's time to call in a sick-day and put together a ride report for us
    -It looks great dude.

I plan to be recieving my Epi late next week and will post many pics...as for the ride report, I'll be coming off of a hardtail, but will do my best in reporting the ride characteristics!

-Pusher

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well I'm afraid I don't have a lot to compare it with, my previous bike was a 1st gen GT i-Drive, 36lbs. And I've only really been doing this for a year.

Anyway, so far I've ridden it once, up & down a fire trail (sheldon in los gatos, ca), but it's just great - climbs smoothly, no traction problems at all and with the front fork on the 80mm travel, no problems with the front end getting light. Didn't mess with the rear shock (RP3) at all. Got to the top and put the fork back to normal & came back down. This was pretty much as I remembered from the demo ride (there was a local Ellsworth demo day 11/19) - really stable coming down fast (for me), where with my old bike I'd be hanging on and praying. It feels much lighter than my old bike, and you can get nicely airborne over small bumps just by loading the shocks and jumping.

I need to play with the fork settings a bit more (Talas RLC, too many knobs to play with), and possibly try new tyres (2.4 vs 2.1).

The brakes are super powerful (juicy 7) and they are not even broken in yet, but then again I'm comparing it to my old v-brakes.

The XO shifters are fantastic - amazingly positive feel, no slack at all, changes down well even under moderate torque. I was originally going with an all XT build in a (mostly futile) attempt to keep the cost down, but I was sold on these (and the brakes) by the demo ride. I'm a sucker for buying things I can see/try rather than simply read about.

Hope to take it on some more challenging single track next weekend.

Nick

Time is not a road.
    Congrats! You're the first person we know of (well, me anyway)with an Epiphany. Can't wait for those ride reports.

Trekster, I'll be looking to swap rides sometime...got the Moment built up on Friday. All I can say is "Wow"!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

It will be interesting to see how many break

Built like a Truth but with a 5" fork. Ouch! Can you say, "Snap?" I thought you could.

Jaybo

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Built like a Truth but with a 5" fork. Ouch! Can you say, "Snap?" I thought you could.

Jaybo
    Go away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Congrats! You're the first person we know of (well, me anyway)with an Epiphany. Can't wait for those ride reports.

Trekster, I'll be looking to swap rides sometime...got the Moment built up on Friday. All I can say is "Wow"!
    Chad-
    Not to hijack this string but I'd love to see some pics of your new moment with all the pink king bling!
    -Pusher

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    Chad-
    Not to hijack this string but I'd love to see some pics of your new moment with all the pink king bling!
    -Pusher
    I'll get her all cleaned up and post some photos. The pink on grey looks sweet...better than on the blue Isis.

mtbr member

Back in Black!

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    I'll get her all cleaned up and post some photos. The pink on grey looks sweet...better than on the blue Isis.
    Just got word - My Ninja Epi will be arriving Monday! Looks like I won't be sleeping for the next 6 days...pity. I'm hoping for blue skies so I can post some crisp pics ASAP!
    Back in Black! (after riding Titanium for the past 10 years). I won't have the flashy pink, just flashy magnesium.

Time is not a road.
    Sweet dude! The waiting is the hardest part.

"Its All Good"
    Jaybo................. You make me wonder hugely why your father wasted a load on you, a stomach lob would have been far more useful.

As Pinch mentions "go away"
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    [QUOTE=Whafe]Jaybo................. You make me wonder hugely why your father wasted a load on you, a stomach lob would have been far more useful.QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0