Thread: Distance?

Rides Uphill Slow

Distance?

I was looking into the Distance. Has anyone ridden one or had any experiences with it? Thanks for your input. Ride On!

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hookler
    I was looking into the Distance. Has anyone ridden one or had any experiences with it? Thanks for your input. Ride On!
    There's only a few Distance riders about, but I used to own an Isis, the predecessor to the '05 Distance. It's changed a bit for '06, but the general ride will probably be similar.

I really, really liked this bike. It's very stable in the rough stuff, can be built up pretty light and looks good. The Isis would have been better as a five inch bike, a problem the Distance solves. I like the looks of the new front triangle.

There are some single pivot tendancies that have to be gotten used to, but once you learn how to ride it, it's a great, simple, effective bike. A platform dampened shock will make a positive difference, something I never had. The bike still pedalled well enough.

The new ones might not be available for a while, but if you find an older one, scoop it up. You can probably find some good deals right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    There are some single pivot tendancies that have to be gotten used to, but once you learn how to ride it, it's a great, simple, effective bike. A platform dampened shock will make a positive difference, something I never had. The bike still pedalled well enough.
    I rode an Isis for a couple years. I'd still be riding it if it hadn't been stolen. Mine had the Float R shock and I agree that it would have performed better with a dampened shock. It was great for granny gear climbing, but if I was hammering in the middle or big ring, it would bob a lot.

All in all, I was very happy with it. I almost went with a Distance when my insurance money came through, but the lure of a Yeti 575 was too much to ignore.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member
    I have owed a Distance since march of 05. Couldn't be happier. I have ridden many four bar designs as well as single pivots. This one is akeeper for me. If you can get your hands on one (Ellsworth is in delay building them for 06) I highly suggest it. Do a search for Distance in the Ellsworth thread. You'll find more info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Distance

I just bought a 2005 distance frame from CBO for a great deal. Cant wait to build it up!! the fit and finish on the frame is verrrrry nice!

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is there anyone having expierience with new -06 Distance?
    What is the difference with bb height compared to older frame?

mtbr member
    to my knowledge, they still are not avail. because of the epi's popularity...

Members who have read this thread: 1